Corey Wootton Underwent Hip Surgery

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I don't know what to think with Wooton. Part of me doesn't want him back becuae he is never going to be a big 10 sack a year guy. On the other hand he is izzy 2.0. Good team player and good for depth.

I think he still has the potential to be a nice player. He had 7 sacks a year ago in a rotation, and he's only 26/27. His production dropped this year but no one else on the DL was drawing attention and he was out of position when the DTs blew up. It would be a mistake to let him walk.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Marshall underwent a hip scope last season too, it's probably nothing.

Hip arthroscopic surgery probably means a repaired labrum. The same thing Marshall had and the same thing Percy Harvin had. No surgery is minor and you never know how your body will respond as you see with the two referenced receivers. Scopes are not always minor, only better because they are less invasive. A repaired hip labrum is minimum 3 months recovery.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wootton is going to get a lot more than the minimum. He's versatile and has shown he can stay healthy for two years in a row. He might get more years with the Bears than with other teams. I hope we can get him reasonably, because it would be a big piece for the DL - he's not really an anchor inside, but he had some good penetration when teams tried to play him one on one. At DE, he's reliable and sets the edge. There are so many other things to address that I hope he's here another 3-4 yrs.