Cornerback-most important need?

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
With the talent at WR in our division alone, I think signing a big top end corner should be our next priority after the Houston signing today. I personally would love to see either Cromartie or Talib. Has anyone heard any rumors as to what direction we are looking to fill Peanut's void?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the talent at WR in our division alone, I think signing a big top end corner should be our next priority after the Houston signing today. I personally would love to see either Cromartie or Talib. Has anyone heard any rumors as to what direction we are looking to fill Peanut's void?

That sounds really bad.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I figured I would go with the most awkward wording I could think of, mission accomplished I guess.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
CB is really deep in the draft this year. Dennard, Gilbert, or Fuller could be good options in round 1. Roby or Verrett could be steals in round 2. Lots of potential starters look to be available in rounds 2-4 (Breeland, Desir, McGill, Jean-Baptiste, P Gaines).

Safeties are similarly deep, with Pryor, Ha-Ha, Ward at the top, and Bucannon, Brooks, Loston all looking like they could be future starters.

I'd like to see a few second and third tier signings to flesh out the defense, but I think we could re-load most of our secondary via the draft.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
He isn't gone yet. Frankly I still have hope they retain him.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess I wasn't aware this was a deep safety draft class. I will stop fretting about signing Byrd now, since it won't happen anyway.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Brandon Browner por favor. Kelvin Hayden can fill in the first 4 games. Thanks in advance.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
Just a season ago the bears had 2 probowl corners. What happened to that?

AussieBear

I wish Darqueze Dennard didnt run such a slow time in the 40.. so i doubt he's the 1st cb off the board in the draft. I was hoping that Justin Gilbert would be sitting there @14 to give the bears something to think about, but it seems with his 4.3 speed.. he'll be gone first. new mocks have him going to DET at 10

AussieBear

I wish Darqueze Dennard didnt run such a slow time in the 40.. so i doubt he's the 1st cb off the board in the draft. I was hoping that Justin Gilbert would be sitting there at14 to give the bears something to think about, but it seems with his 4.3 speed.. he'll be gone first. new mocks have him going to DET at 10

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Just a season ago the bears had 2 probowl corners. What happened to that?

They still have one of them, and may have both back.

But you do realize Tillman is getting older each year, right?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I still think Safety is our biggest need. (They are much needed in covering those WR's in our division, too.)

But we clearly need to draft a CB by Rd 4.

Six picks - make 5 of them defensive players, and get a TE somewhere. Better yet, sign a cheap backup TE and use all picks on D.

(Or backup QB and 5 D is probably more likely.)