Could it be a blessing in disguise that Rose will miss the Olympics?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rose's issue on his shot isn't about shooting form; it's about him simply learning to shoot with a high-release point and not learning from a low release-point.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Having that high release point also makes it harder for team defenses to contest your shot successfully.
tumblr_m6thimibZZ1qzkia9.gif

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can have repetition while still having a high release-point.
Having a high release point =/= to jumping higher.

For Christ sakes. You technicalyl aren't even supposed to release the ball at the "peak" of your jump anyways. You should be releasing the ball as you approach the apex...not at it. Hence why being an elite jumper isn't an advantage in any real way..if at all.

You honestly have no fricking idea what you're talking about.

None.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL at Rami thinking Rose was shooting with a 40" vertical. Good luck building a consistent shot with that idea.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Having a high release point =/= to jumping higher.

For Christ sakes. You technicalyl aren't even supposed to release the ball at the "peak" of your jump anyways. You should be releasing the ball as you approach the apex...not at it. Hence why being an elite jumper isn't an advantage in any real way..if at all.

You honestly have no fricking idea what you're talking about.

None.

Having a high release point has a direct correlation with a high shooting percentage. Especially in live-action.

I never said that you release the ball at the top of your jump. I said you want to have the release be at the highest point in the jump as possible (assuming it is as close to the 10-foot level as possible).

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He relies too much on his athletic ability to score points. We already saw a couple of games when he did play badly injured. He was a terrible player without his penetration ability.

but if he comes back "as explosive as ever" when why deviate from what makes you a good player if you still have that ability?

He needs to pick his spots instead of throwing his body around like a ragdoll on every other possession.
this would probably constitute improving his jumpshot..which he has been doing

i don't get why this revelation would suddenly come from an ACL injury....considering this is not rose's first injury involving his style of play

i don't see how other factors like simply experience,coaching,etc. have not been addressed regarding this,considering those things are often factors

He needs to continue that improvement. He needs to improve his flat-footed shooting and this will be a chance for that. Rose hit only 31% of his three's last year because he didn't have the lift under him on his jump-shot. 36% and up is where Rose should be with that three-pointer. He also needs to improve his post-up game.
he partly had issues with the outside shot because he was hurt,which conflicted with his shooting form

No. I think there is a very good chance he will be essentially the same player.
thanks for proving my point

An ACL injury isn't as devastating (typically) as it used to be. It is not like he had micro-fracture surgery. Rose needs to stop crashing and burning so many times over the course of a regular season to avoid future injuries like these.
you have to weigh pros and cons here...ACL injuries can happen to anyone regardless of style of play

rose's style of play will probably raise the chance of injuries(not acutely but it's common sense that it would)..but you have to consider that is an essential part of rose's game and the bulls

as i said, rose draws fouls,opens up driving areas in the perimeter and in the outside...his driving helps the offense have space and makes it easier for rose to create for others..it's partly why he has been in the top 10 in the league in assists the past few seasons

if he is close to the same coming off of his ACL injury....i think being a little less reckless is reasonable, but you can't deviate very far from what makes rose a good player, if he still has that ability

rose is still young and still figuring out and re-tooling his game...he needs to find a reasonable medium to fit his game....having a good perimeter shot and midrange game to keep the defense honest(he already has a decent floater but the midrange can still be worked on) and then use the bread and butter drive

it's not always a holywood script..where a player gets a sudden epiphany and completely rewires his game and his thinking...it's not that acute

rose has and will continue to re-tool his game...i think more than anything the ACL injury is a re-assurance of the conviction that rose needs to continue to shape his game, as he has been doing since he came into the league...not a grandiose epiphany

really, what you're getting at is rose improving his basketball IQ, and the issue that hasn't been addressed here is that it's hard to improve basketball IQ in an independent setting

shooting? yes...basketball IQ? that's more about understanding the situation, the defense, and making plays accordingly..this takes experience and practice..but more importantly, it takes experience and practice in NBA games themselves

He takes too many painful spills over the course of a game/season. I understand that this was a strange season but it will shorten your prime/career regardless. And it is risky. Those types of spills Rose takes leads to minor injuries which compound and lead to other injuries. It is like a domino effect that probably led to Rose tearing his ACL.
again, more of a basketball IQ thing...and i'm sure this is something Rose has taken into consideration well before his ACL injury

and again, if Rose comes back from a torn ACL with his explosiveness relatively intact..then we should not expect an acute re-tooling

there is no reason to make any drastic changes in what makes rose one of the best players in the world...

Rose should just continue to practice his shooting, and work to improve his basketball IQ

these are things that players are always improving

"could be" =/= "is"
where,in the statement that you addressed, did i make a claim that warrants that response?

Sure it does. I think seeing my rivals win a gold medal while I'm sitting at home would be extra fuel for that fire to make sure I was there 4 years from now (and able to be there in 4 years).
:obama:

4 years is a long way away...for all we know...the under 23 thing might go in effect...

fuel to the fire? really?

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Having a high release point has a direct correlation with a high shooting percentage.
Again...high release point is not mutually exclusive to simply "jumping higher" or getting more lift.

If it were guys like Ray Allen, Steve Kerr, Chris Mullin, Reggie Miller, etc wouldn't be the world class shooters they were.

You're literally making yourself look like a clueless ass here.

I said you want to have the release be at the highest point in the jump as possible (assuming it is as close to the 10-foot level as possible).
Wrong.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
FT/Rory-mentality-

when in doubt, argue semantics.

There have been no semantics in anything I've posted or argued.

LOL at you not being able to make up your mind
I never said that you release the ball at the top of your jump. I said you want to have the release be at the highest point in the jump as possible

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
FT/Rory-mentality-

when in doubt, argue semantics.

There have been no semantics in anything I've posted or argued.

LOL at you not being able to make up your mind
I never said that you release the ball at the top of your jump. I said you want to have the release be at the highest point in the jump as possible

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rose's issue on his shot isn't about shooting form; it's about him simply learning to shoot with a high-release point and not learning from a low release-point.

there's more to shooting with a high release point than just being able to jump high, you know

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dbl post.

The ideal in-game jump-shot is one that has a release point at rim-level (while still being in jumping motion which goes without saying).

It doesn't mean you need to be able to jump out of the gym. Rose is 6'2 or 3''and depends on his leaping ability to even get his release-point up to rim-level.

Being at rim-level eliminates space between the basket thereby increasing your odds of having the ball goes into the cylinder.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
BRB "top of the jump" is not the "highest point of the jump possible".

:andruw:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dbl post.

The ideal in-game jump-shot is one that has a release point at rim-level (while still being in jumping motion which goes without saying).

It doesn't mean you need to be able to jump out of the gym. Rose is 6'2 or 3''and depends on his leaping ability to even get his release-point up to rim-level.

Being at rim-level eliminates space between the basket thereby increasing your odds of having the ball go into the cylinder.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
FT, youre double posting. It's making it harder to enjoy this thread, stop that :tongue:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
BRB "top of the jump" is not the "highest point of the jump possible".

:andruw:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It absolute is not.

Quit spouting over generalized bullshit.