Crawford

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I'll spell his name correctly if and when he learns to play a complete game.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
So this whole series is because of one dude?
Didn't realize he was the reason the forecheck was invisible last night in the first 20.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
So this whole series is because of one dude?
Didn't realize he was the reason the forecheck was invisible last night in the first 20.

That one dude cannot string together 3 consistent periods regardless.

If only he would pick one period to suck in, then it could be compensated for ahead of time.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree Crow has his problems and his blonde goals.... but last night he gave up ZERO bad goals.... his D hung him out to dry all night long and the only reason we stayed in the game and got it to OT was because he kept bailing out his shitty D with amazing saves.

He does have the opposite happen.... do not mistake it.... he has his nights where his D keep him in the game or he just can't stop pucks and we lose because of it, but last night was not one of those nights.

There was only 1 goal where I think 50/50 he shoulda had it.... but he was being screened by his own D who went ahead and failed to block the shot.... I would like him to get it but he made that stop 10 other times..... when you keep allowing the shots to come in on him like that with screens in front, eventually one is going in.

The OT winner was another classic Hawks derp moment where they hung their goal tender out to dry like a fucking beach towel.

I won't hang last night's loss on Crow.... the D and forwards did far too much derping for me to blame Crow.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That one dude cannot string together 3 consistent periods regardless.

If only he would pick one period to suck in, then it could be compensated for ahead of time.

Okay, I'll play this game.

Which period was that in Game 5?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crowford

I'll spell his name correctly if and when he learns to play a complete game.

What about Game 3? Or Game 2? Or Games 2-3 in the Wild series. How about the countless brilliant performances against teams in the previous 2 years?

Only a lunatic puts that loss on him. You can't just look at a save % or how many goals allowed to determine a goalie had a bad game.

Does Crow have to have a shutout for it to be a complete game in your eyes?

I'm going to spell your name wrong until you come to your senses.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Overall Crawford is too ass in net style for me, I like more aggressive goalies

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Okay, I'll play this game.

Which period was that in Game 5?

Period 3 game 4, period 1 last night.

I realize the entire team played like shit, but that's when playoff caliber goalies need to keep their team in it:

750x422

supraman

Liked Posts:

I realize the entire team played like shit, but that's when playoff caliber goalies need to keep their team in it:

750x422

Okay sure he wasn't stellar in the 1st however the 2nd goal there is no way you can blame him for that one (not saying you are or did)

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

750x422

He kept it from being 5-0 after one. Did you forget this save happened?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Blaming Crawford just shows a complete lack of knowledge of hockey, the goalie position, and everything that shows it.

I like that when the Blackhawks score a great goal that is a snipe, goes in off the post, etc...it is a great shot and the Blackhawks player is the hero. Same scenario against Crawford and then it is his fault.

First goal he was screened and it was an absolutely perfect shot, another 1/2" over and it hits the post and probably stays out. Second goal was a dirty tip in the high slot and goes in 99% of the time. Third goal was a double screen.

Blame Crawford all you want on nights where he deserves it...but last night wasn't close to one of those.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
What about Game 3? Or Game 2? Or Games 2-3 in the Wild series. How about the countless brilliant performances against teams in the previous 2 years?

Only a lunatic puts that loss on him. You can't just look at a save % or how many goals allowed to determine a goalie had a bad game.

Does Crow have to have a shutout for it to be a complete game in your eyes?

I'm going to spell your name wrong until you come to your senses.

"You can't just look at a save % or how many goals allowed to determine a goalie had a bad game.">>>

>>>His inconsistent save % has varied from .821 to .968 during this series,
http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8470645

If you have a better measuring stick, I'm all ears.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The bandwagonners are out in force after game 5.

Crawford had only 1 goal he had even a slight chance of saving the whole game. The rest were nigh-on impossible shots.

Meanwhile all 18 skaters mailed in the 1st, forgot how to pass, forgot how to defend, were screening their own goalie, forgot how to dump the puck in, and also forgot how to shoot.

Yet, Crawford had the bad game.:smh:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm a bandwagoner and I don't blame Crow...:shrug:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The bandwagonners are out in force after game 5.

Crawford had only 1 goal he had even a slight chance of saving the whole game. The rest were nigh-on impossible shots.

Meanwhile all 18 skaters mailed in the 1st, forgot how to pass, forgot how to defend, were screening their own goalie, forgot how to dump the puck in, and also forgot how to shoot.

Yet, Crawford had the bad game.:smh:

To be fair, he's not a bandwagon fan. Just horribly misguided.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would go as far to say, last night was an example of a goalie having a good game while still giving up 5 goals....

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I use bandwagonner as a pejorative for any fan of any sport/team that follows things superficially and is completely unwilling to delve deeper.

See also, the fan that keeps yelling "Shoot!!!!" on a powerplay even though peorple have told him/her multiple times that if they shoot it will go right into the shins and create an odd-man rush.

Take Crawford last night. Bandwagonners refuse to see anything beyond 5 goals on 28 shots or a 3-goal 1st. They don't see Kane cherrypicking. They don't see Timmo screening his own goalie. They don't see bad passing. They don't see bad turnovers. They don't see a 2-time Norris winner losing coverage. They expect an above-average goalie (one paid like an above-average goalie) to make saves a 4'x6' sheet of plywood would have trouble with on a constant basis. They don't see an "elite" team know for their breakout being constantly hemmed into their own zone and getting a whopping 3 shots on net for an entire period. They don't see a rookie needing to get them out of the sump offensively while, at the time, the stars are absent. They don't see their vaunted captain needing the better part of 3 periods to show up and bail their team out offensively. They don't see that only two of their six 5+ skaters actually did anything the whole game. And they expect a Tretiak-like performance night-in and night-out without paying for it--meanwhile they excuse abyssimal play from their all-star skaters with, "Sometimes the goalie has to steal one".

Crawford did--for Bickell to give it right back. News flash: Any time the goalie has to steal the game it's because the team D fucked up royally.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
There were no "soft" goals last night, but a couple (3rd and 5th) you have to hope your $6M, cup winning, big time goaltender can make to keep you in the game.

On the winner, you hope to kick that to the corner, not a wide open player's stick in the slot.