Crazy defensive stat for Bears

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
"3 In fact, the Bears have had just three defensive penalties — the fewest in the NFL — for a combined 15 yards in three games. They are the only team that has yet to be penalized for either roughing the passer, unnecessary roughness or pass interference.

Their three penalties were: cornerback Amukamara (illegal contact against the Packers); Jonathan Bullard (illegal use of hands against the Cardinals) and Mack (offsides against the Cardinals).

Amukamara’s came on a third-down play that led to a touchdown when the Bears were leading the Seahawks 17-3 in the fourth quarter. The most costly arguably was Mack’s offsides that nullified Eddie Jackson’s 35-yard interception return — and a Bears (-6) "

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/khalil-mack-bears-defense-putting-pressure-on-mitch-trubisky/

Liked Posts:
Wow, now that's a disciplined unit. We knew coming in the continuity with Fangio was going to be huge but this is an entirely different level, this a defensive unit entirely in control while out there.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is a ridiculously good stat....I have a feeling it will change this week....

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Fangio said in a press conference the other day that it was one thing he was most proud of his unit for.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
I think some penalties happen because players are trying too hard.

Maybe our guys don't feel like they need to go overboard to make something happen.
They're good enough to make things happen without having to try too hard.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think some penalties happen because players are trying too hard.

Maybe our guys don't feel like they need to go overboard to make something happen.
They're good enough to make things happen without having to try too hard.

So our players aren't trying their hardest and you somehow twisted that into a good thing? You should be a sports writer

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
So our players aren't trying their hardest and you somehow twisted that into a good thing? You should be a sports writer

I think what he's saying is less talented players sometimes try to make up for their inferior talent by going 110 percent, and that can cause penalties.. But our players are talented enough that they don't have to go balls to the wall to make plays.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Wow, now that's a disciplined unit. We knew coming in the continuity with Fangio was going to be huge but this anti rely different level, this a defensive unit entirely in control while out there.

It's damn near unheard of, especially for the new roughing the passer guidelines, considering this unit leads the league in sacks.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's damn near unheard of, especially for the new roughing the passer guidelines, considering this unit leads the league in sacks.
Was just about to point that out as well. I know Matt Nagy was hired for the offense, but retaining this defensive staff looks like his biggest win of 2018.

Great find. It fed my inner-meatball well.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Was just about to point that out as well. I know Matt Nagy was hired for the offense, but retaining this defensive staff looks like his biggest win of 2018.

Great find. It fed my inner-meatball well.

This defense also has me bathing in the gravysauce señor Vu.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
hicksbomb.jpg

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Good stuff. They did knock Rogers out, has not won a game since. hmm. Hopefully game vs GB in December will be meaningful.

Would be “Happy as a MotherFucker”

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I think they're very good but I notice under Fangio they've had some ugly breakdowns....anybody remember the Austin hooper play against Atlanta last year, we beat Atlanta without that miscommunication....we had 2 against AZ....one big one against the Packers on the Cobb thing...maybe this happens to everyone from time to time and I'm just seeing ours or something

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Also, the hands to the face call on Bullard was questionable. Like I know he did get the hands up, but it was like a full second after the ball left Bradford's hands. Bradford was just standing there and the play was already done and then the penalty happened. I question whether it had any impact on the play at all. The initial rush by Bullard was great and he pushed Iupati straight back with that bull rush, which was super encouraging.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They also have the lowest blitz percentage in the league, but lead in sacks. That's pretty god damn impressive too.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
I think what he's saying is less talented players sometimes try to make up for their inferior talent by going 110 percent, and that can cause penalties.. But our players are talented enough that they don't have to go balls to the wall to make plays.

I didn't think it was really that hard to understand, but apparently it was.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Defense is extremely disciplined. Also, while I don’t have anything in front of me numbers wise, it seems like false starts against our O-line are down this year, from years past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk