Cubs’ Attendance and TV Ratings Reportedly Down So Far This Year

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Absolutely. The Cubs have had attendance figures over 3 million from 2004 to 2011. Gee.... I wonder why?

Because they had ownership and management investing all the resources available to put the best possible product on the field at the major league level and not concentrating on increasing revenues with luxury hotels and jumbotrons to distract the fans from the AAA quality product on the field with such in between inning diversions like the "Kiss Cam" because the average Cub fan makes Lennie Small look like a rocket scientist.

kchicub08

Liked Posts:
You get what you pay for..... a simple cliche fits this team perfectly.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because they had ownership and management investing all the resources available to put the best possible product on the field at the major league level and not concentrating on increasing revenues with luxury hotels and jumbotrons to distract the fans from the AAA quality product on the field with such in between inning diversions like the "Kiss Cam" because the average Cub fan makes Lennie Small look like a rocket scientist.

Im not saying Ricketts is a great owner, but lets not go over board. The Cubs havent had a great owner maybe ever in its existence. There was a reason they back loaded all those contracts and it did hurt the franchise.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you don't want a jumbotron you might wanna get over it, the Tribune blew as owners :obama: they spent towards the end to get more value for the team during sale, not to appease the fans and make us a real contender.
Im not saying Ricketts is a great owner, but lets not go over board. The Cubs havent had a great owner maybe ever in its existence. There was a reason they back loaded all those contracts and it did hurt the franchise.

Moreover, the only real reason for them shelling out that cash in 06 was to help sell the team for more money. Had nothing to do with truly competing fo9r a long time, it was a short window so they could make more when the team was sold.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
I don't know why people keep saying that the reason the Tribune increased the payroll was only to increase the value of the franchise.

It doesn't work that way no matter how many times idiots say it. Sorry, but that is real life.

You can't simply increase the payroll of a company and have it magically make the business more valuable. Increasing the cost of running a business in fact reduces the amount of profit and makes the company less valuable.

Having a WINNING team makes the franchise more attractive at the time of sale but simple increasing payroll will not make a franchise more attractive.

And the back loaded contracts have not hurt the franchise at all.

The roughly 30% cut in payroll has.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Im not saying Ricketts is a great owner, but lets not go over board. The Cubs havent had a great owner maybe ever in its existence.

I'd take the Tribune back in a second as the owner over Ricketts.

At least with the Tribune you knew it was being run like a business and they didn't bullshit you with stories about what great Cub fans they were and how they met their wife in the bleachers and how everything they were doing was in order to win the World Series.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know why people keep saying that the reason the Tribune increased the payroll was only to increase the value of the franchise.

It doesn't work that way no matter how many times idiots say it. Sorry, but that is real life.

You can't simply increase the payroll of a company and have it magically make the business more valuable. Increasing the cost of running a business in fact reduces the amount of profit and makes the company less valuable.

Having a WINNING team makes the franchise more attractive at the time of sale but simple increasing payroll will not make a franchise more attractive.

And the back loaded contracts have not hurt the franchise at all.

The roughly 30% cut in payroll has.

wine wine wine

cry cry cry

excuses excuses excuses

When we do start winning I expect you to still bash Ricketts Theo, Jed, Castro, Rizzo, and anyone else I've omitted.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
wine wine wine

cry cry cry

excuses excuses excuses

When we do start winning I expect you to still bash Ricketts Theo, Jed, Castro, Rizzo, and anyone else I've omitted.

You are a clown.

Those are FACTS that you have no intelligent response to, as normal.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
If you don't want a jumbotron you might wanna get over it, the Tribune blew as owners :obama: they spent towards the end to get more value for the team during sale, not to appease the fans and make us a real contender.

Moreover, the only real reason for them shelling out that cash in 06 was to help sell the team for more money. Had nothing to do with truly competing fo9r a long time, it was a short window so they could make more when the team was sold.

Not one small ounce of common sense was put into you response.

It would be even more painful to know that you are an adult to top it off.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Not one small ounce of common sense was put into you response.

It would be even more painful to know that you are an adult to top it off.

A lot of tuition money going to waste.

It better be his mommy and daddy's money also and not student loans he will default on and never pay back when he can't get a job.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of tuition money going to waste.

It better be his mommy and daddy's money also and not student loans he will default on and never pay back when he can't get a job.

Coming from the town drunk. Go back to the liquor store.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Cub fans are getting smarter??? I like to think so but then i see what Vick post here and it reminds Cubs still have the dumbest fans in the world and thats why Ricketts can sell certain fans dog shit for T-bone prices.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Cub fans are getting smarter??? I like to think so but then i see what Vick post here and it reminds Cubs still have the dumbest fans in the world and thats why Ricketts can sell certain fans dog shit for T-bone prices.

Considering I haven't spent a dime on years on Cubs memorabilia I'd say that he isn't selling me much, I barely watch the team play. I agreed that we need to rebuild, but that doesn't give me a reason to watch them play when they aren't going to win. But continue to try making me, the one who uses actual grammar look dumb.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Considering I haven't spent a dime on years on Cubs memorabilia I'd say that he isn't selling me much, I barely watch the team play. I agreed that we need to rebuild, but that doesn't give me a reason to watch them play when they aren't going to win. But continue to try making me, the one who uses actual grammar look dumb.

You call yourself a fan???? You just a punk who likes to talk shit about things you dont even understand. If you dont watch these teams you have no right to have any opinions. The fans that actually watch this piece of shit team knows 100% more then you bandwagon fans that only come along when team wins. You should just put your dick in your mouth and walk out the door cause you have no room to talk.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
You call yourself a fan???? You just a punk who likes to talk shit about things you dont even understand. If you dont watch these teams you have no right to have any opinions. The fans that actually watch this piece of shit team knows 100% more then you bandwagon fans that only come along when team wins. You should just put your dick in your mouth and walk out the door cause you have no room to talk.

I'm not wasting my time finding all the errors in that one, but, for starters, I have other things to do then watch a game every day, for 1. Second most of the time I don't get the games where I live, only on WGN, the Pirates Channel the Phils Channel and ESPN are when they are on here. I still cheer for the Cubs and watch sometimes, but right now it's finals time in the NBA and we are not contending, thus I have no real reason to watch. What is laughable is that you call me a bandwagon fan when I've rooted for and followed the same team since I started to watch the game.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:

Those quotes right there are prove your not a fan. You just come around when things are going good. Guess what, being a fan means your around the Good, the bad, and the ugly

You dont have to like the bad or the ugly but real fans still watch their team. Then we bitch about the team. Thats what real fans do