Cubs acquire Jose Martinez

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well now the big question which useless bat heads to South Bend? Almora or Phegley? The way this team has hit thus far that list could actually be quite a bit longer but I'm pretty sure it'll be one of those two.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was also announced that the Cubs would be signing a veteran reliever off the free agent market. 33-year-old A.J. Ramos, who was recently released from his minor league deal by the Los Angeles Dodgers, is set to join the Cubs.

Ramos is a right-hander with seven seasons of big league pitching experience under his belt. He was selected to play in the 2016 All-Star Game while a member of the Miami Marlins. Ramos was a Marlin from 2012-17 and also pitched for the New York Mets from 2017-18. He has a career record of 17-18 and a career ERA of 3.07.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was also announced that the Cubs would be signing a veteran reliever off the free agent market. 33-year-old A.J. Ramos, who was recently released from his minor league deal by the Los Angeles Dodgers, is set to join the Cubs.

Ramos is a right-hander with seven seasons of big league pitching experience under his belt. He was selected to play in the 2016 All-Star Game while a member of the Miami Marlins. Ramos was a Marlin from 2012-17 and also pitched for the New York Mets from 2017-18. He has a career record of 17-18 and a career ERA of 3.07.

Theo is out garbage picking.....

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Chatwood elbow issues. Will be evaluated soon.

If you ask me they should push Q on his start date and promote Alzolay to start in lieu of Mills.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Anyone hearing any other rumors? I find the trade deadlines in this pandemic fascinating in that I haven't heard anything about quarantining players or procedures. Imagine trading for a guy from St. Louis then finding out he's got COVID and has to go into isolation, does it fuckup the trade? Do you get to back out? Are they auto quarantining guys anyway? There was such an emphasis on safety and isolation and even trying pods, and now it's just hey let them all swap players around.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Got a lefty off of the D-Backs for a PTBNL or cash. Chafin

This move just is freeing up Q to back to the rotation. I'm expecting Chatwood to the DL again.

greg23

Liked Posts:
And another lefty reliever (think from clev) as well as cam maybin (end of almora?)

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And another lefty reliever (think from clev) as well as cam maybin (end of almora?)

We will see. It would make sense to off load him

CSF77

Liked Posts:
TRADE DETAILS
Cubs get:
LHP Andrew Chafin and cash considerations
D-backs get: PTBN or cash considerations

Cubs get: LHP Josh Osich
Red Sox get: PTBN or cash

Cubs get: OF Cameron Maybin
Tigers get: INF prospect Zack Short

greg23

Liked Posts:
Ian Miller and Hernan Perez DFA

Almora survives but should see his minimal time reduced as Maybin can play cf and is a good defender

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ian Miller and Hernan Perez DFA

Almora survives but should see his minimal time reduced as Maybin can play cf and is a good defender

IDK honestly.

Martinez replaced Steven Souza Jr. Mabyin is added to that depth. I really don't see the need of holding 6 OF.

but there could be a option of DH Schwarber move Maybin to LF. It could be a option at best. Moving Phig really opened the door on DH to a thumper.

Almora is a 9th inning guy and I don't see that changing at all.

Adding the 2 lefties really points towards Q going to the rotation now. Again it is a matter of time until they DL Chatwood. IMO they should also promote Alzolay and start him in Mills spot. They have a DH on Sat and it would be a good time to make the commitment then.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Maybin (of) and Martinez (dh) likey start vs lhp removing Schwarber or heyward ( and caratini from the dh spot