Cubs at Brewers IGT 4/19-4/21

Cubs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Seems as though Samardzija has slowed down a bit since the 1st. Good to see him settle down.

He has been one of the most impressive players this year IMO. He has really taken the next step as a SP. Yes it is still April but he has shown me a lot. He is still one step away from being a true ace. Based on his stuff he can lead a staff and really be one of the better starters in baseball. By better I mean top 20. When you consider the 150 pitchers that means one of the better. I noticed some kids don't understand that terminology in another thread. "One of the better" doesn't necessarily mean you're actually elite. At least IMO

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
I don't. I really hope Brett Jackson can step up and take over in CF this year. However, he is a Hendry pick and all his prospects flame out faster than the Broncos secondary.

Same with Soler and Almora because they are actually real prospects I can have confidence in. DeJesus may be a solid veteran but he isn't going to help take this team take a step up.

Well he may be older and not really a part of the future "contending" years, but he is a good solid player. He is like my new Reed Mantle. I loved both of these guys haha

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
Sveum's night is over.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is no debate that Rizzo can pull the ball a long way.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs-Brewers is always crazy and Jean Segura trying to steal second twice in the same inning is up there. Tease rally time.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Can't say I have ever seen a guy steal 2nd and get caught stealing 2nd in the same at bat

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
soCGtnu.gif

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Caught stealing to end the game. Well that was fun.

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
Fucking stupid.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Information on Hiram Burgos from John Sickels. This is the quote that caught my attention:
he doesn't have exceptional velocity, working at 88-91 MPH. The fastball plays up, however, due to the contrast with his wide array of secondary pitches. He has a very good curveball, but also uses a changeup, cutter, and traditional slider. His pitching patterns aren't predictable and he does a good job keeping hitters off-balance.

Sounds exactly like the type of pitcher that ought to be able to throw eight shutout innings.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uncanny this team's ability to hit into double plays, and since then notta. Edwin Jackson has been decent in two innings, but he really needs to put up zeroes for four or five more innings to get back on track.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
BABIP dragon smiles on the Cubs and tie ballgame.