How many games do the Cubs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Your "franchise" did their jobs in producing 0 runs in the DH today.

:fap:

Last post it was "franchise players". Got pointed out that the "franchise players" are producing.

Now it's "franchise" because you got called out for having egg on your face.

Which is it?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Rizzo is hitting .333/.403/.519. I'm trying to decide what is a realistic expectation for him. I think he should fall off some but if he manages .300/.400/.500 he's probably in MVP talks though unlikely to win on a crappy team. His big issue last year was lefties. This season so far he's hitting .350/.333/.400 vs lefties. Another interesting aspect is how much he's crushing it at wrigley. He's hitting .500/.560/.591 at home and .160/.241/.400 on the road. That's not all that surprising given young players generally hit better at home. Anything over .280 batting average probably totally changes the connotation of Rizzo. He probably goes from a decent guy for the future to a cornerstone piece.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Rizzo is hitting .333/.403/.519. I'm trying to decide what is a realistic expectation for him. I think he should fall off some but if he manages .300/.400/.500 he's probably in MVP talks though unlikely to win on a crappy team. His big issue last year was lefties. This season so far he's hitting .350/.333/.400 vs lefties. Another interesting aspect is how much he's crushing it at wrigley. He's hitting .500/.560/.591 at home and .160/.241/.400 on the road. That's not all that surprising given young players generally hit better at home. Anything over .280 batting average probably totally changes the connotation of Rizzo. He probably goes from a decent guy for the future to a cornerstone piece.

Until he learns to hit around the shift and take the ball the other way, he will never hit .300. If he strokes it at the pitcher, more often than not he will get base hits. Getting it past a guy who is 60 feet away from you to earn a base hit shouldn't be that hard to do. Hitting the ball in between 5 defenders on the right side of the field however, is.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
0 runs....meh

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Until he learns to hit around the shift and take the ball the other way, he will never hit .300. If he strokes it at the pitcher, more often than not he will get base hits. Getting it past a guy who is 60 feet away from you to earn a base hit shouldn't be that hard to do. Hitting the ball in between 5 defenders on the right side of the field however, is.

That's why you put it in the air and get the ball in the outfield.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
That's why you put it in the air and get the ball in the outfield.

LOL. Yeah, if it were only that easy. The safe thing is to put it over the fence and then you don't have to worry about a thing.

If he learns to take it the other way, teams will have to respect that and start to shift a little accordingly which would open up holes. Like I said, I am a firm believer that you take what the defense gives you, and that holds true in every sport.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Just a quick note about Mud N Cleats.... If those guys hate CCS so much, then why does CCS pop up over there all the time? Move on. Two separate forums.

It's just funny to see CCS posters names come up over there and get bashed on. Waste of time, IMO. Just leave it alone.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
LOL. Yeah, if it were only that easy. The safe thing is to put it over the fence and then you don't have to worry about a thing.

If he learns to take it the other way, teams will have to respect that and start to shift a little accordingly which would open up holes. Like I said, I am a firm believer that you take what the defense gives you, and that holds true in every sport.

That basically why his Avg has improved this year us because he hitting the ball to left more.. that 4 hit game last week were all hits to left.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Just a quick note about Mud N Cleats.... If those guys hate CCS so much, then why does CCS pop up over there all the time? Move on. Two separate forums.

It's just funny to see CCS posters names come up over there and get bashed on. Waste of time, IMO. Just leave it alone.

I think it's because people are incredibly petty... lol...

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

It has nothing to do with a home run. You seem caught up in the shift and ground balls. Line drives are over .700 BA in MLB. Yes. He needs to go the other way some, but he's hitting the ball hard right now, shift or no shift.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Or the people that are getting bashed and the people that notice them getting bashed are incredibly insecure?
Two different boards. Leave it alone

Sure, but that still requires some really petty people to bring their crap to other forums first...

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Petty in what way? Differing opinions on the way the team is progressing?

Nah, I have no issue with healthy discussions over differing opinions... I'm referring to whatever zack was talking about...

"It's just funny to see CCS posters names come up over there and get bashed on. Waste of time, IMO. Just leave it alone."

I consider going to other forums to bash people pretty petty.

patg006

Liked Posts:

Or it is because of the overwhelming ignorance and hypocrisy like the above statement that makes it too easy and fun to mock.

If this forum didn't produce the never ending tidal wave of ignorance, there wouldn't be anything to mock but the Wall of Shame is full of the 'intelligence' this forum provides.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Never ending tidal waves of ignorance is all in how one views who is ignorant.