Cubs Closing in on Pena?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. No. No, he's not. You're wrong. He is not a horrible contract if we sign him for 1 year, 8 million. He's a good contract for that.

i just said one year i could deal with for 8 mil no too much the most ill spend on the guy is 5 no more. At least you can agree that if we sign him for more then one year its a bad thing right? I am for giving him a one year deal if he goes out and destroys then i will be happier giving him more but you cannot sign him for more then one year.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
im sorry any guy who hits 198 i dont want on my team...he has declined ever year for last 3 years. what makes you think he be all sudden better?

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs Close To Deal With Pena?
By Tim Dierkes [December 8 at 12:12am CST]
12:12pm: Muskat writes that the Cubs appear to be close to a deal with Pena. A source told her that the two sides had agreed on a one-year deal, but a team official said it's too soon to call the deal done.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs Close To One-Year Deal With Pena
By Steve Adams [December 8 at 12:36am CST]
The Cubs are closing in on a one-year deal with Carlos Pena, writes MLB.com's Carrie Muskat. She adds, via Twitter, that the deal is believed to be for $10MM.

Pena, 33 next May, saw his average slip below the Mendoza Line in 2010, totaling a line of .196/.325/.407. While the average and strikeout rate (32.6%) are concerns, Pena still managed to hit 28 home runs. That he managed a .325 OBP with a sub-.200 average speaks well to his plate discipline (14.9 BB%), and his average was unquestionably deflated by a career-low .222 BABIP.

Earlier, it was believed that Pena and agent Scott Boras were looking for a two- or three-year deal, which would be unsurprising in what's shaping up to be a players' market.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NO point to signing him for 8-10 million in a non contending year. period.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
looks like it is done. agreed to terms at 10 million for 1 year. what a waste of 10 million dollars. boras FTW on yet another deal

Status
Not open for further replies.