Cubs @ Mets 6/30 - 7/2

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I hope you stop being overly emotional about Castro regardless of whether he stays or gets traded.

Quite the opposite. Very practical. Seeing it as it really is. Like you, i fooled myself for a while and thought he could be a really good player.

But he was negative WAR when he hit .300. At .261? Murder!

I liked him. I rooted for him. But no emotion. Quite simply, he does not ultimatelyvhelp more than he hurts.

He won't be our SS much longer.

Russell gets rid of the ball quickly, uses his head, and plays with focus and urgency.

Castro is a walking brain fart.

We haven't even touched on how utterly clueless he is in the basepaths!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I guess TL1961 will blame Castro for Bryant's baserunning gaffe.
That's the kind of post one makes when one is having a pity party.

Poor Starlin. The analysts at MLB Tv and ESPN are bashing him. They must just like to pick on him for no reason!

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Quite the opposite. Very practical. Seeing it as it really is. Like you, i fooled myself for a while and thought he could be a really good player.

But he was negative WAR when he hit .300. At .261? Murder!

I liked him. I rooted for him. But no emotion. Quite simply, he does not ultimatelyvhelp more than he hurts.

He won't be our SS much longer.

Russell gets rid of the ball quickly, uses his head, and plays with focus and urgency.

Castro is a walking brain fart.

We haven't even touched on how utterly clueless he is in the basepaths!
No. It isn't practical with game threads clogged with overly emotional comments about why he couldn't even get a sac fly, even though it was clear that is what he was trying to do. Take a deep breath. As an FYI I don't care whether they keep him or trade him provided what they get as a replacement is demonstrably better.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Damn, this guy makes nervous. Where the hell is Ramierz at?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That's the kind of post one makes when one is having a pity party.

Poor Starlin. The analysts at MLB Tv and ESPN are bashing him. They must just like to pick on him for no reason!
Not remotely pity. If you are going to bitch about stupid play in the game threads, the least you could have done was mention Bryant's booboo. You can't do that because you have too much invested in Castro's lack of positive output.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Montero is getting pissed at him.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Uh oh. Len just said Castro had the game winning hit. 1 for 2 in game winning situations. Who wouldn't want a hitter who is .500 in game winning spots?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A 3 hour and 50 min 2-0 game. LOL, don't see many of those.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
This offense needs a much needed shot in arm, hopefully soler return this weekend can provide it...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
No. It isn't practical with game threads clogged with overly emotional comments about why he couldn't even get a sac fly, even though it was clear that is what he was trying to do. Take a deep breath. As an FYI I don't care whether they keep him or trade him provided what they get as a replacement is demonstrably better.

There is no emotion involved.

That is the whole point.

People fall in love with guys hoping they'll be great, and let their emotion cloud their judgment.

There is no emotion involved in my very honest, accurste assessment thst is pretty much consensus among baseball scouts, analysts, etc

"It's not personal, Sonny. Strictly business. "

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Not remotely pity. If you are going to bitch about stupid play in the game threads, the least you could have done was mention Bryant's booboo. You can't do that because you have too much invested in Castro's lack of positive output.
I mentioned Bryant's K with Rizzo on 2nd and no outs and sait was inexcusable. I didn't see the baserunning gaffe- his first- but it, too, was inexcusable. Could have cost us a chance to score had it not been for Castr's hit!!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
International signing starts tomorrow, anyone getting a thread going with top players involved

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I mentioned Bryant's K with Rizzo on 2nd and no outs and sait was inexcusable. I didn't see the baserunning gaffe- his first- but it, too, was inexcusable. Could have cost us a chance to score had it not been for Castr's hit!!
Now that's the spirit, TL.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ridiculous would be making it about one game or one series.

And the fact there are no runs tonight only underscores the importance of his error. Mets saved us getting caught off 3rd with one out.

But your hero may get a chance to win it with a ground out and " prove your point".

All I can surmise by your failure to realize that players like him are killers, is that you must not have watched a lot of baseball.

Lol, Game winning hit and the error was a half error. Rizzo should pick that ball 10 out of 10 times. I caught the Mets broadcast and Keith Hernandez blamed Rizzo for the error. He went on for about 2 or 3 minutes how Rizzo put himself in bad position to receive it.

It happens. But, you post are most certainly ridiculous. You see it your way. The Mets want Castro but the Cubs want a huge package. ESPN said the other night they specifically want Russel or Castro and not Baez. Im glad the fastest Cub to 1000 hits is a negative player. I would like to see a positive one. Oh, and you want to see the worst glove in the league. Watch Ian Desmond.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is no emotion involved.

That is the whole point.

People fall in love with guys hoping they'll be great, and let their emotion cloud their judgment.

There is no emotion involved in my very honest, accurste assessment thst is pretty much consensus among baseball scouts, analysts, etc

"It's not personal, Sonny. Strictly business. "

Your post aren't emotional over Castro? :lmao:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Let me just put it this way, regarding emotion.

Every analyst on any network covering baseball agrees with what I say about Castro, and they have no emotion involved.

Every Cub fan who falls in love in any guy in a cub uniform thinks these analysts (inexplicably) have it in for their guy.

Yeah, keep banging that "game winning hit" drum. It was awesome! Glad he got it. I never root for him not to. But I know better than to bet on it.

If the Cubs trade Russell, they better get a helluva return, because they'll pay for it dearly. There is a reason GM's like good defensive SS regardless of offense. Like catchers, their D is a HUGE part of a game.

Russell and Baez are both better defensively.

Neither will approach Castro's hit total. He will push 3,000 hits (though the projected number goes down each year as he has regressed offensively big time). But he'll break your heart in doing it.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I vote the Cubs play the Mets everyday until the All-Star break