Cubs Roster Tracker 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whitenack is interesting because a lot of reports is the velocity still hadn't come back from TJS. Makes sense.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dolis up

Rafael Dolis is going to be called up it appears for today's game. No mention of the corresponding roster move. This is BN's take on the situation. Reliever to the DL makes the most sense or maybe Feldman. A Lillibridge DFA is unlikely since he is in the starting lineup.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reports suggest Fujikawa to the DL, but no official confirmation.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chicago Cubs have placed closer Kyuji Fujikawa on the 15-day DL with a muscle strain in his right forearm. As the corresponding move, the Cubs have recalled relief pitcher Rafael Dolis from Triple-A Iowa.

Fujikawa was not his self yesterday and many believe he was throwing injured. Fujikawa got up in the 7th inning yesterday to throw and see how his arm felt. His arm supposedly felt good and did come in the 9th. However, Fujikawa’s did not pitch well, giving up 3 earned runs and blowing the save. But he did get the win as the Cubs came back in the bottom of the 9th to beat the San Francisco Giants. Fujikawa could not command any of pitches and why he struggled badly.

Now who will be the closer with Fujikawa going down? Will Marmol get his spot back? No, he will not. Manager Dale Sveum said he will go closer by committee, manly going with Shawn Camp and James Russell in the 9th depending on match-ups. Marmol will not be part of the closer by committee. Great move by Sveum.

Dolis has pitched 3 games for Iowa this year, all out of relief. In his 2.1 innings of work, Dolis has given up 1 run, 3 hits, 1 walk and struck out one. Dolis has great stuff, but has to throw strikes. In the past, Dolis has not been able to command the strike zone. We’ll see if it’s different this time around.

Other notes:
*Darwin Barney will be begin his minor-league rehab stint today and Ian Stewart will start his tomorrow. Barney will play in Iowa today, tomorrow, Monday and be activated off the DL on Tuesday. He will be in the line-up on Tuesday. I don’t know how many rehab games Stewart will play in.

*Scott Feldman will miss the whole Texas Rangers series and pitch a week from today in Milwakee. Feldman is dealing with back tightness, but it’s not believed to be serious.

*Scott Baker is in town to see a doctor. All hope there is he’s on scheduled or he’s ahead of scheduled and maybe can start throwing again.

http://www.chicitysports.com/2013/04/13/kyuji-fujikawa-placed-on-15-day-dl-rafael-dolis-recalled/

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
R4vTSn7.jpg

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clevenger out about six weeks with that bad oblique strain. Barney should be off DL by Tuesday, and they don't expect to have to do any roster moves. Once Stewart comes back I think Alberto Gonzalez is gone, and then they'll probably stash Clevenger in Iowa as the catcher when he's healthy and let Valboner do the lefty-bench-bat thing.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
...and then, there was this:

The Cubs announced that they have signed reliever Kevin Gregg to a minor league deal. Gregg will report to the club's spring training facility in Mesa, Arizona before being assigned somewhere within the organization.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
To top it off:

The Cubs announced that they have claimed right-hander Kameron Loe off of waivers from the Mariners. Seattle designated Loe for assignment after acquiring Aaron Harang from the Rockies on Thursday. The Cubs made room for Loe on the 40-man roster by placing Steve Clevenger on the 60-day disabled list with a strained left oblique suffered yesterday.

And to stop people from freaking out about claims and minor league deals...

http://worldseriesdreaming.com/2013/04/14/how-baseball-works/

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
MLBTR blurb:

The Cubs could designate Brent Lillibridge or Alberto Gonzalez for assignment when Darwin Barney is activated from the disabled list on Tuesday, speculates the Daily Herald's Bruce Miles.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
‏@BruceMiles2112 2m
#Cubs option Dolis to Iowa. That will make room for Loe.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
In: Ransom, Loe, Gregg, Barney. Out: Lillibridge (cut), Dolis (Iowa), Takahashi (cut), Clevenger (60 day DL). Stewart on rehab in Iowa.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
maybe the stros pass on borbon. i think the cubs should get him

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't mind the swapping of Julio Borbon for Alberto Gonzalez. I just don't understand it for this roster with six outfielders, and several players with noticeable platoon splits amongst them. This as a prelude as a trade makes some sense, but I'm guessing they just roll with this til Stewart is ready to come back.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I don't mind the swapping of Julio Borbon for Alberto Gonzalez. I just don't understand it for this roster with six outfielders, and several players with noticeable platoon splits amongst them. This as a prelude as a trade makes some sense, but I'm guessing they just roll with this til Stewart is ready to come back.

I agree. This only makes sense if they have a trade going in the background with DeJesus. Overall this move makes no sense unless it is a prelude deal.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
I like DeJesus. I kinda hope we keep him around, even though he is older.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cody Ransom can cover SS, 2B and 3B. With Barney back at 2B this is not unexpected. Valbuena can also cover 2B and SS if needed.

I see this being a prelude to a DeJesus trade and they are covering his replacement early.

Status
Not open for further replies.