Cubs vs Rangers

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Good game today. Stroman really earned this win, good D definitely helped..

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Good game today. Stroman really earned this win, good D definitely helped..
Today was the recipe the cubs plan on winning games with. Great pitching and defense, and find a way to scrape a couple runs together

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
I know it's early, but I like what I see out of this bunch so far. Sweep them tomorrow Cubbies. ;)

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yea, but he is right. This team will win with base hits, great defense, and pitching. They arent going to smash homeruns but they have a good deep squad that will compete for a playoff spot.

ATM yes. After Suzuki comes back it changes. Matt Mervis at AAA .240/.394/.520

Tat is a L/R tandem that instantly increases line up power.

Currently Suzuki is at AAA on rehab. So Jed could have either up if needed.

I see it as Hosmer could platoon strait with Mancini at 1B.

So I would do when Suzuki gets back demote/release Rios. Then promote Mervis to be the prime DH and demote/release Torrens.

This also allows David some flexibility. He could put Mervis at 1B mover Mancini to RF and let Suzuki have DH days to prevent injury.

Regardless this team is not at its full potential. What is missing is just a matter of time.

Hoerner
Swanson
Happ
Suzuki
Bellinger
Wisdom
Mervis
Hosmer/Mancini
Bernhart/Gomes

Also both of Mervis' home runs came against Lefties. I think he might be Schwarber potentially.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
ATM yes. After Suzuki comes back it changes. Matt Mervis at AAA .240/.394/.520

Tat is a L/R tandem that instantly increases line up power.

Currently Suzuki is at AAA on rehab. So Jed could have either up if needed.

I see it as Hosmer could platoon strait with Mancini at 1B.

So I would do when Suzuki gets back demote/release Rios. Then promote Mervis to be the prime DH and demote/release Torrens.

This also allows David some flexibility. He could put Mervis at 1B mover Mancini to RF and let Suzuki have DH days to prevent injury.

Regardless this team is not at its full potential. What is missing is just a matter of time.

Hoerner
Swanson
Happ
Suzuki
Bellinger
Wisdom
Mervis
Hosmer/Mancini
Bernhart/Gomes

Also both of Mervis' home runs came against Lefties. I think he might be Schwarber potentially.
:what::jonesy::blank:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Regardless. Swanson looks like a steal for the offseason. Best player for the cash investment.

BTW Schwarber never became good until he left the Cubs. He was never a sure thing.

Even this year he is slumping out of the gate. .143/.143/.343 No walks and 12 SO to date. So that and a career -59.2 DEF really pushes him to all or nothing mode. Which is what Mervis is also.

Career wise Schwarber .232/.353/.558 The bar is not high TBH. So I never over rated his big home run or nothing approach.

His highest WAR value has been 2.8. That is not an all star that is a roster filler.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Regardless. Swanson looks like a steal for the offseason. Best player for the cash investment.

BTW Schwarber never became good until he left the Cubs. He was never a sure thing.

Even this year he is slumping out of the gate. .143/.143/.343 No walks and 12 SO to date. So that and a career -59.2 DEF really pushes him to all or nothing mode. Which is what Mervis is also.

Career wise Schwarber .232/.353/.558 The bar is not high TBH. So I never over rated his big home run or nothing approach.

His highest WAR value has been 2.8. That is not an all star that is a roster filler.
My god, just stop it

Schwarbers best season WAR wise came IN a Cubs uniform

He led the league in Homeruns last season, as well

He also won the cubs a World Series.

Let me know when Mervis appears capable of any of those things

There’s a reason Schwarber got fast tracked to the big leagues and why Mervis is 25 years old and still in triple A. He isn’t as good or talented as Schwarber

I also especially love how you use a 6 game sample size this season as reasoning as to why Schwarber isn’t good. Stop being an idiot

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Dude. 46 HR and a .211 BA.

It is so easy to look at one stat and say all star.

But as a body of work. He is a one trick pony. He has crap D. Can't even take advantage of the no shift.

And why don't you hang his poster right next to Heyward's. Both were remarkable on winning the WS.

I would rather have a complete player for the $$$

Mervis is a ¢ and can be replaced.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Oh this game...WTF is Mag a Cub again.....christ sake. Rose to see this shite

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

But as a body of work. He is a one trick pony. He has crap D. Can't even take advantage of the no shift.

And why don't you hang his poster right next to Heyward's. Both were remarkable on winning the WS.

No, I say all star because he’s been voted an all star multiple seasons

You arguing he’s not an all star is well…strange

Again, Mervis is not as good of a baseball player as Schwarber. You were clamoring for the guy that played some first base last year for the cubs, too. I can’t even remember that bums name. Mervis is more likely to be another name forgotten than he is to be better than Kyle “multiple all star selection” Schwarber

Last edited:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yea, but he is right. This team will win with base hits, great defense, and pitching. They arent going to smash homeruns but they have a good deep squad that will compete for a playoff spot.
I’m ready to see what Mash can do

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Again, Mervis is not as good of a baseball player as Schwarber. You were clamoring for the guy that played some first base last year for the cubs, too. I can’t even remember that bums name. Mervis is more likely to be another name forgotten than he is to be better than Kyle “multiple all star selection” Schwarber

Any other tricks that you can perform. You have future sense. How about levitate a chick then cut her in half.

And nominated to a all star means anything.

Fans vote them in. It is a popular contest. Not based off experts.

Very entertaining bro. Standing O

TL1961

Liked Posts:

An All Star and selected to the WBC USA team.

CSF calls out “one stat” and points to a .211 batting average. While thinking .230 with half the HRs is better.

He talked about Mervis at times last year like he was Babe Ruth, then did a .180 coming into this season. Now he’s back on the pro-Mervis hype.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Any other tricks that you can perform. You have future sense. How about levitate a chick then cut her in half.

And nominated to a all star means anything.

Fans vote them in. It is a popular contest. Not based off experts.

Very entertaining bro. Standing O
You know....I'm saying this even though I like what I've seen of Mervis and really believe he will eventually be the guy at first when the Cub's spasmatic love affair with Hosmer reaches it's end. But you really need to actually watch some baseball instead of planting your nose up Bill James ass all the time. There's a lot more to the game than fucking numbers. To downplay the fact that Schwarber was an allstar and a leader in HRs is ludicrous. He still should still be here DHing for the next 10 years....instead we get a GM with the foresight of a toad, not seeing that the future of baseball has DH written all over it.

Your infatuation with metrics has you wrong so, so many times...that it has to be embarrassing by now.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Here is an article explaining how Kyle Schwarber is not a one trick pony.