Cullimore placed on waivers

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
I am certainly not pointing fingers at Scott for this teams performance, in fact I made a thread blaming this start on Keith, Seabrook, and Hammer. I am just pointing out that I don't understand wasting a roster spot on Scott and that I think Ben Smith could bring so much more to this team in his place. Ben Smith showed he is not a "boarder-line minor league guy," he looked like and NHLer in his short call-up earlier in the season, plus he can play wing and center. I am not saying he is going to score at a point per game pace but Smith would be a valuable versatile asset to this team right now.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am certainly not pointing fingers at Scott for this teams performance, in fact I made a thread blaming this start on Keith, Seabrook, and Hammer. I am just pointing out that I don't understand wasting a roster spot on Scott and that I think Ben Smith could bring so much more to this team in his place. Ben Smith showed he is not a "boarder-line minor league guy," he looked like and NHLer in his short call-up earlier in the season, plus he can play wing and center. I am not saying he is going to score at a point per game pace but Smith would be a valuable versatile asset to this team right now.

Stan Bowman said he wanted a guy that could "play".

He was full of shit when he signed the useless clown.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Stan Bowman said he wanted a guy that could "play".

He was full of shit when he signed the useless clown.

He is not going to say "I signed a useless goon because he is on a league minimum contract and can fight." I don't understand why he signed him for two years though, they signed him thinking he could be our 6th defensemen but that failed badly. Maybe he can be roommates with Huet in Switzerland?

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know he won't say that or admit it was a mistake wasting a spot on a guy who has no skill.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Im waiting for a trade to be announced. lol

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Ok, well you are talking scoring, and I am talking about the need for defensive forwards, so right there is a difference- once you set aside Scott. If you have the bottom 2 lines filled with clones then unless you find some guys focussed on defense for one of those lines, you are still going to have a weak team defense as it puts all of the burden on the defensemen (and the guys on the top line that right now are struggling trying to work out how they can score and still be a shut down line (or lines since usually the 3 guys I mentioned aren't on a single line).

Now the good thing about that is -that in theory those guys (defensive forwards) are supposed to be relatively cheap.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cullimore did pass through, as expected...and will be playing again tomorrow night.