Current Updated Las Vegas Head Coaching Lines

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Nagy has the same odds as Shurmur.

In any case, wonder what Vegas knows about Shurmur that we don’t, to have him #1 with Nagy. Vegas wise guys are usually pretty damn well-informed. Could be process of elimination, I suppose, if you were to assume the Giants have the inside track on McDaniels, combined with statistical likelihoods showing a QB coach is not likely to beat out qualified coordinator candidates, combined with oh my god I’ve gone cross eyed this decision can’t come soon enough for this board.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have the Nagy odds changed for the Bears?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Nagy has the same odds as Shurmur.

In any case, wonder what Vegas knows about Shurmur that we don’t, to have him #1 with Nagy. Vegas wise guys are usually pretty damn well-informed. Could be process of elimination, I suppose, if you were to assume the Giants have the inside track on McDaniels, combined with statistical likelihoods showing a QB coach is not likely to beat out qualified coordinator candidates, combined with oh my god I’ve gone cross eyed this decision can’t come soon enough for this board.

Vegas knows what they are doing. Shurmur from an outward perspective fits the type of personality we hire. Combined with him being an offensive guy and a qb guy it’s easy to see why him being the favorite makes sense. They aren’t always right though, pretty sure they didn’t have us picking Trubisky as a latest example.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have the Nagy odds changed for the Bears?

No, but the Nagy to the Colts odds have gone down slightly. The line went from +300 to +325, now tied with Dave Toub. Also, Patricia to the Lions odds have gone down while the Vrabel odds have gone up.

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you're gambling on the personnel movements of professional sports teams, you MAY have a problem.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Vegas knows what they are doing. Shurmur from an outward perspective fits the type of personality we hire. Combined with him being an offensive guy and a qb guy it’s easy to see why him being the favorite makes sense. They aren’t always right though, pretty sure they didn’t have us picking Trubisky as a latest example.

Vegas knows about money lines. That's it. They don't know or care about anything else. What you see in terms of odds or point spreads just reflects their attempt to balance the betting so that they win regardless of how things turn out. In the end, Vegas odds/spreads just reflect how people are betting, or are at least projected to bet. If you think there's wisdom or value in that, fine. But Vegas doesn't know crap about who the Bears will hire as HC, or where Shurmur will end up.