Cutler Back in 2017

AussieBear

1iod7n.jpg

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Glad we're clearing all these draft threads to sub-forums to make sure there's room for important stuff like this.

If I don't get my daily fix of Cutler trolls, I drive to Chambana and tie Urblock to the top of a lightning rod.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
If I don't get my daily fix of Cutler trolls, I drive to Chambana and tie Urblock to the top of a lightning rod.

Let me know if you do. I only 20 minutes away. Need some cheap entertainment.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
But what about that 65 yard completion?

Cutlers last pass as a Chicago Bear:

Jay Cutler pass incomplete deep left intended for Marquess Wilson is intercepted by Landon Collins at NYG-21 and returned for 3 yards

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
If Cutler is back again next year I think it's time to find a new team or quit watching the NFL.

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
It's time for all involved to move on: Jay, The Chicago Bears, and Bear fans.

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
Go for it
If you knew starting today that the Bears were going to be Cleveland Browns-level bad for the next 20 years, with only 1-4 wins a season, would you go into it still wanting to support this team?

That's the way I see it if they trot Cutler out there one more year for us to swallow. It wouldn't be because of bad luck they suck but rather gross incompetence or malfeasance. Why pay money or waste time to support that?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you knew starting today that the Bears were going to be Cleveland Browns-level bad for the next 20 years, with only 1-4 wins a season, would you go into it still wanting to support this team?

That's the way I see it if they trot Cutler out there one more year for us to swallow. It wouldn't be because of bad luck they suck but rather gross incompetence or malfeasance. Why pay money or waste time to support that?

Trotting Cutler out one more year really will not affect the next 20 years. It means one more year of Cutler.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is indeed time for Cutler and the Bears to part company. I think both parties likely share that sentiment. But, and this is a huge BUT, if the Bears were committing to a rookie QB who they intended to sit for half to a full season I don't see a lot of difference between Cutler and Hoyer or Barkley or pick your QB. That wouldn't be the end of world if it was obvious that the starter in 2018 was the guy they drafted in 2017. But I don't know that Cutler would be willing, that his ego would allow for this. I would guess he would rather be cut and take his chances elsewhere.

With the right FA and draft class, the argument could be made that 2017 is a year setting up a deep run in 2018. I am not advocating this but making an attempt to point out that retaining Cutler might not be the end of the world.

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
It's not just "one more year of Cutler". Cutler counts $14M against the cap to retain. We've seen multiple journeymen QBs come in and do as good a job or better for a fraction of that price. Using that cap space to bring in talent elsewhere on this team could affect this team for years - similar to a draft pick.

How you don't see this and say "that's ok if they keep Cutler" boggles my mind.

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
There is a big difference between having a rookie learn behind Cutler and having a rookie learn behind Hoyer or Barkley. Cutler played like shit and got rewarded for it. He's going to show the rookie that you just need to do the bare minimum and the NFL will reward you since teams are so desperate for QBs. Those other guys still have chips on their shoulders. No I don't know these QBs personally or how they are in the locker room, but basic human psychology tells me that Cutler situation has to have had fucked with him.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Trotting Cutler out in 2017 for another year behind Massie would accelerate Jay's CTE to the point he'd be wearing diapers by November. As is, the guy won't be able to remember Kristin's name by 2019.