Cutler, Forte, Marshall, Bennett today

Spirit Hartigan

Liked Posts:
I'll keep watching it for Yvonne Strahovski at least.

yvonne-strahovski-knuckler-dragger-magazine-713610852.jpg

Yeah, good point.

Liked Posts:
defense did alright. dline wasn't playing well. couldn't rush the qb

I agree, no doubt. The D-Line has to find a way to generate the pass rush. The DE's looked better this week but the DT's just aren't getting anywhere. As a matter of fact the DT's for the Bears, Bengals & Vikes have been able to do very little. Three different teams with some talented defensive lines haven't been able to really produce up front, & I am starting to think field conditions are part of the problem. There's no way hell the defensive line for those three teams suddenly went off the radar because of decline or lack of talent.

I think the LB's & secondary have actually done ok with no real consistent pressure from the front four which is supposed to be the engine of the defensive system & everything else behind them is supposed to stem from what they can accomplish. The run defense was hanging in ok, could be better but in the first game only gave up 2.7 yards per carry, & today they were solid on run defense until the Bears started turning it over.

I was happy to see them hold Minnesota to a FG on their last scoring drive when they could have folded like lawn chairs hid behind the 4 turnovers from the offense instead.

They remind me of 2011 somewhat, it took them a few weeks to get it together up front but once they did they didn't look back until Jay & Forte went down with injuries. I remember in 2011 when Urlacher called the defense out & said they were "soft" publically. I think Briggs should do something similar & hopefully help light a fire under their asses. No one is going to hand them shit based on reputation. If & when the front four get it going, & I still think they will, the Bears will be real tough to beat.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Come on, Spartan. Now you're just being childish.

His mind couldn't take the overwhelming force of Cutler continuing to be clutch so he tries to make up for it by being annoying