Cutler, Forte, Marshall, Bennett today

Liked Posts:
Even though Bennett was out of bounds that one handed grab he had really makes me hope that Cutler targets him even more. My God I love seeing a TE worthwhile in Chicago again. So far he's an absolute BEAST, & arguably been Emery's FA move from the past offseason. I definitely had a hard time keeping my cool in this game. I just don't understand not using Michael Bush for anymore than two carries, especially less than a yard from the goal line. I expect almost expect a turnover from the offense but four of them has to stop or they will eventually pay for it. I don't think the defense was as bad as the rap they've been getting & it sure doesn't help to have them on the field even more because of three out of the four turnovers.

I really want to see the D-line play somewhere other than the Soldier Field pig pen to see if the D-Line went from upper echelons of the league to the bottom in an offseason. I can't help but wonder if the field conditions aren't hurting their ability to get push up the middle. Cincy's D-Line, Minnesota's D-Line, & the Bears D-Line have all played poorly in two games at Soldier. Three different teams with some damn good talent on their D-Lines are not as bad as they've looked over the past two games at Soldier, no way...not buyin' it.

Glad they won, that's for sure but I'm definitely cautiously optimistic until the D-Line can show something, the turnovers are reduced in hopes that this unit can get running on all cylinders for the meat of the schedule.

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
That game winner

footballbearsvsvikingaebd4.gif

Liked Posts:
That game winner

footballbearsvsvikingaebd4.gif

No not that one, which was sweet as hell too. He also had an acrobatic one handed grab in the air, he ended up well out of bounds in the back of the end zone, yet he did real in a one handed catch that to me says he's money on most contested passes that actually are in bounds. I love that the Bears have an effective TE in the offense again.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unlikely after FOX's complete bollocks coverage.

Man I was about ready to throw the remote at my TV when the coverage went dead near halftime. There I sat pressing refresh like a million fucking times on the yahoo Sportacular android app to keep up with what was happening in the game. I was inconsolable, pacing back and forth.

Liked Posts:
Man I was about ready to throw the remote at my TV when the coverage went dead near halftime. There I sat pressing refresh like a million fucking times on the yahoo Sportacular android app to keep up with what was happening in the game. I was inconsolable, pacing back and forth.

I wanted to flip, plus the sound went on my stream too. So I checked ESPN game cast & they were at the Minnesota 2 yard line all of the sudden & I still have no idea how they managed to get down the field.

Liked Posts:
Definitely thinking about getting a Martellus Bennett jersey.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I almost punched the tv at the bar.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wanted to flip, plus the sound went on my stream too. So I checked ESPN game cast & they were at the Minnesota 2 yard line all of the sudden & I still have no idea how they managed to get down the field.

All I saw was we were somewhere around mid-field then suddenly Marshall had caught a deep ball and we were in scoring position. I was extremely pissed to be missing all of that.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's made many key catches already in first 2 games. Definitely paying dividends quickly. Hope he's healthy.
Yes it's nice having players that can catch a football now..

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Cutler: 28-39 , 290 yards. 3 tds.

Forte: 19 carries 90 yards, 4.7 ypc. 11 rec, 71 yds (161 total yards)

Marshall: 7 rec, 113 yards, td.

Bennett: 7 rec, 76 yards, 2 tds.

We finally have an offense that can overcome a lot of mistakes and still win. That's exciting.

Nice breakdown bearmick......lets also keep in mind...... we can't expect to win against good teams with 3 turnovers. We came back today which was great, jay
truly looked a Qb worthy of 2 first round picks on the winning drive. I'm sure you agree. the turnovers must come down for us to be a SB bound team.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Nice breakdown bearmick......lets also keep in mind...... we can't expect to win against good teams with 3 turnovers. We came back today which was great, jay
truly looked a Qb worthy of 2 first round picks on the winning drive. I'm sure you agree. the turnovers must come down for us to be a SB bound team.
We can go on and on and on about the turnovers(cut it out, the 1st one was a complete fluke)

You can't expect to win when your defense is making Christian Ponder a friggin stud. That defense is where the concern should be, not the offense.

Oh, and Cutler has been worth the 2 1st's since we got him. It's not even a question. I think people just like the idea of the "next and best thing" as future draft picks, which wasn't the case with Jerry Angelo. We also can say the fact the Bears are 30-8 when Cutler starts and finishes a game really speaks a lot about the guys ability.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Obsolutely

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We can go on and on and on about the turnovers(cut it out, the 1st one was a complete fluke)

You can't expect to win when your defense is making Christian Ponder a friggin stud. That defense is where the concern should be, not the offense.

Oh, and Cutler has been worth the 2 1st's since we got him. It's not even a question. I think people just like the idea of the "next and best thing" as future draft picks, which wasn't the case with Jerry Angelo. We also can say the fact the Bears are 30-8 when Cutler starts and finishes a game really speaks a lot about the guys ability.

Yes the "D" made Ponder "look good". However, in order to be a SB contenderr we can't make mistakes and let the other teams back in games, while having too orchestrate last minute drives to win games. More times than not, we will lose.