Cutler Out At Least 4 Weeks

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amendola came back from his fairly quickly. Hopefully the same can happen with Jay.

JeffSpicoli

Hey bud....Let's party!!
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what is the guess here? Severe grade 2 or grade 3 strain/tear? If it is grade 3 then they are dreaming for a return in under 7-8 weeks (even that is pushing it)....Severe grade 2 then I would say 6 weeks is possible, but not probable....in NO world is Cutler coming back in 4

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
So what is the guess here? Severe grade 2 or grade 3 strain/tear? If it is grade 3 then they are dreaming for a return in under 7-8 weeks (even that is pushing it)....Severe grade 2 then I would say 6 weeks is possible, but not probable....in NO world is Cutler coming back in 4

Apparently in the medical world there's a chance. Also my guess would be a mild grade two tear.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We will lose every game that Jay misses.

Cutler was strugling to cover up for this horrendous defense and McCown will struggle even more.

Briggs going down just adds to it.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Remember when everyone thought he'd return at the end of the 2011 season, just in time to make a playoff push?

Yeah, I'm not buying the 4 week return. That's best case scenario and doesn't sound very likely based on the reports. I can see it moving into week 5, then 6, and by then the Bears not being in playoff contention, so...

Realistically, this season is likely over. I held on until the very end in 11, I'm not getting my hopes up this time.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Remember when everyone thought he'd return at the end of the 2011 season, just in time to make a playoff push?

Yeah, I'm not buying the 4 week return. That's best case scenario and doesn't sound very likely based on the reports. I can see it moving into week 5, then 6, and by then the Bears not being in playoff contention, so...

Realistically, this season is likely over. I held on until the very end in 11, I'm not getting my hopes up this time.

No that return was 6 weeks. 6 weeks would have been the Wild Card Game... There was a chance he'd be back for the GB game or finale, but that was highly unlikely. In reality, he would have been ready for the wild card game, had the Bears made the playoffs.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Cya next year then bub

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I tore the same muscle when I played Rugby. It was super painful. I couldn't even stand on my left leg without being in severe pain. Anyway, the doctor said 4-6 weeks. While it healed after 6 weeks to the point I could run and cut without falling over, it didn't fully heal for about 5 years. With that said, 4 weeks would put him back potentially for the Ravens game. It depends if he needs those extra few days (i.e. 4 weeks is 28 days. The ravens game is 27 days from now).

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
A groin pull is just like any other muscle pull.

LOL spoken like someone who's never pulled/torn one. Those injuries are slow to heal because they don't get much blood flow. Last time I had to deal with one it was only a mild pull and I could still walk relatively normal and without much pain... until I tried to actually run or made any sudden movements.. Took months before it was back to 100%. The way Cutler was walking to the tunnel and on the cart I don't see how anyone could actually think he'll be back in 4 weeks from a torn groin. Talk about getting your hopes up and setting yourself up for disappointment.

JJMPB

Liked Posts:
5-11 looks about right

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Come on, anyone that believes the Bears have a reasonable shot at the playoffs at this point is just fooling themselves. First of all there's that d, that's not getting fixed over night. Then lets say Jay does actually come back in 4 weeks, he was only 7 games into a new system, those 4 games he missed will be a huge set back in regards to his growth in the O.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
FUcking defense sucks ass. Resign Cutty, keep Mccown-- blow u defense- attempt to contend next year.

No more bullshit D crap, they suck, have sucked for awhile now. Oh look! No turnovers and opponent offense minimized mistake-- Defense sucked.. Shocker shocker, been sayin it forever

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
FUcking defense sucks ass. Resign Cutty, keep Mccown-- blow u defense- attempt to contend next year.

No more bullshit D crap, they suck, have sucked for awhile now. Oh look! No turnovers and opponent offense minimized mistake-- Defense sucked.. Shocker shocker, been sayin it forever

...and draft a QB.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL spoken like someone who's never pulled/torn one. Those injuries are slow to heal because they don't get much blood flow. Last time I had to deal with one it was only a mild pull and I could still walk relatively normal and without much pain... until I tried to actually run or made any sudden movements.. Took months before it was back to 100%. The way Cutler was walking to the tunnel and on the cart I don't see how anyone could actually think he'll be back in 4 weeks from a torn groin. Talk about getting your hopes up and setting yourself up for disappointment.

Broc..Ya think Kristin could increase the blood flow to that area??:pray:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
that joke never gets old with repetition... well, actually, yeah, it does

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not getting my hopes up for a quick return.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

I don't like doing things like this but I have a masters in exercise physiology and am currently going to school in the physical therapy arena so I'm plenty aware of blood flow. Your adductor (groin) muscles receive just as much blood glow as your other major muscles. This isn't a ligament or tendon problem that lacks blood supply. Your groin muscles are no different than other muscles. There are very few muscles that don't have very good blood supply. Those are the intrinsic muscles in the fingers and toes. Just about every other muscle group has do have good supply or else it dies, including the adductors.

Ps. I'm not saying I expect him back in four, just that there's a chance.