Cutler was great tonight.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
Can't really complain about Cutler this year. Like people have already said, he has been good just about every game except the Lions game where he was just off (probably from being ill) and I recall maybe ONE INT that was a pass he shouldn't have made:

vs Bengals Bennett was open but Cutler was getting pulled as he threw the ball: DE made it happen, not bad decision
vs Vikings the first one the TE was open on his 2nd/3rd read but he threw it too flat. Bad throw, but not bad decision. The 2nd one was a questionable decision but I think he was anticipating Marshall to flash in front of the safety instead of continuing straight and even Marshall's immediate reaction when it happened indicated the same thin
vs Lions, 1st int Delmas just made a great play ripping it from jeffery, 2nd pick Cutler threw off his back foot on a blitz but had Marshall open, 3rd pick jeffery was wide open in the middle of the field but the ball sailed.

I think mechanical things will continue to improve as well as getting used to his surroundings and the system, but if he continues to make good decision we will be golden. This is by far the best consistent decision making he has done as a Bear and it shows in the numbers.

As long as

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Serisouly, can some of ya'll just accept and atually think that the qb isn't the problem? Some people on here I'm sure can't understand that it's not always the qbs fault.. But it's not. Cutler is a stud and it's annoying this board thinks he's the issue. It's like grow up dude.. Let's talk about the REAL issues.. The defense! The special teams!

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
It seems pretty obvious that Jay is NOW feeling comfortable in the pocket and of equal importance is trusting the playcalling and the offensive scheming. Even though it does appear that Jay has matured I tend to believe if he had a better oline and an OC he trusted we would have seen this version of Jay more in the past. The key will be how he and Trestman handle the pressure cooker in Green Bay on 11/4. That will be a benchmark for the entire team but especially for Jay. Lets hope the defense is healthy that day.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Give the man the credit he deserves. He was great. Played like an elite QB tonight.

24-36, 262 yards, 2 touchdowns, and not one turnover. Great play from Cutler tonight.

Oh and on a side note: 4-2!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's what we should expect from the guy who we gave up 2 1st picks for....yes good game. More important no turnovers or mental mistakes.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It seems pretty obvious that Jay is NOW feeling comfortable in the pocket and of equal importance is trusting the playcalling and the offensive scheming. Even though it does appear that Jay has matured I tend to believe if he had a better oline and an OC he trusted we would have seen this version of Jay more in the past. The key will be how he and Trestman handle the pressure cooker in Green Bay on 11/4. That will be a benchmark for the entire team but especially for Jay. Lets hope the defense is healthy that day.

NO it should be about him doing everything he can to improve and get better.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
For sure he's had more explosive games, but he was never consistent. It'd be one amazing pass and then 2 or 3 goofs.

For the most part this year he has made good decisions, got rid of it quick, thrown it away etc. those little things are the difference between a decent QB and a good one.

Consistency........is the key from here on out. jay has to be consistent, from game to game.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I thought he played conservatively enough to win, he missed some deep throws tonight though.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Great game. Detroit is looking more and more like an aberration due to health. I wonder what's up with out hurry up O. If it's a sideline thing, Cutler or the guys still needing too much direction?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Really? That's all you got from that game?

yeah I mean he was playing controlled and certainly made some great throws. It reminds me of the year that Favre won the Superbowl, Mike Sherman got him to play controlled and conservatively for a year and they won (also had a great Defense)....I think it's a shame Trestman wasn't here in the past 5 years when we had a real Defense. I didn't understand the long sideline pass to Earl Bennett on 3rd and 4 late in the game.

kvalentine

Liked Posts:
jay did have a great game last night. made some really nice throws and took care of the football.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
jay did have a great game last night. made some really nice throws and took care of the football.

I think this is key, when I watch Brady or Manning, they start out w/ the mindset of taking care of the football, and take conservative proven chances. Cutler didn't always used to be like that. To me that is the QB elevating the team over his own ego. The QB ends up looking good by making the team win.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'll still always remember that DET game two years ago ago where he was running for his like and making plays everywhere. We lost, however, but Cutler was the best I've ever seen him.

+1 on this

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Progress from Cutler for sure, this oline has helped his cause for sure. So, lets give this oline some credit as well. Middle of our oline still isn't helping Forte out much though.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
These guys keep saying it's a different Cutler. No. Cutty's Cutty. It's a different offensive line, and a better one. #Bears #CuttyDoesIt

It's the same Jay

This.

3 years ago the roles of Eli and Jay were reversed last night.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
This.

3 years ago the roles of Eli and Jay were reversed last night.

Except Jay was getting sacked left and right, and being hit on nearly every play. Our Dline was terrible and Eli kept his jersey clean.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
Progress from Cutler for sure, this oline has helped his cause for sure. So, lets give this oline some credit as well. Middle of our oline still isn't helping Forte out much though.

Is it just me, or does Forte get much more room to run going to the right versus the left? It seems every good gain he has always comes from Long and Mills' side.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
Except Jay was getting sacked left and right, and being hit on nearly every play. Our Dline was terrible and Eli kept his jersey clean.

Yeah, and concussed.

They've got to figure something out with this pass rush though.