Cuts begin for Bears

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
my predictions for last five cuts: robertson, hurst, md jennings, draughn/perry, and dunn.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
my predictions for last five cuts: robertson, hurst, md jennings, draughn/perry, and dunn.

I think we only have 6 corners left. Doubt Hurst gets cut if so

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Time to say bye to a lot of those D Line men.

yeah....Robertson and Dunn need to go, not sure what the hold up is there. Perhaps they are doing this by position group and got a little bogged down with the safeties and WR's trying to trade out of their problems and sort that out before moving on, because they want to keep as many of that D-line group as they possibly can.

Bass and Lane both deserve the team. I think Washington needs to go as the last cut, keep 10. Its gotta be Lane/Washington for the last spot if we keep 10, neither if 9. Its not that hard to predict...but I think they are trying to clear up the rest of the roster because Emery is trying to hold onto Washington.

I think it emotional, because I have given up on Washington. He is far too slow and plodding for this league, he just isn't going to work out. Sorry to his fanboys, but we might as well let him go as we aren't ever going to see much contribution from him. Might as well just let Lane go as well, though I haven't given up on him in the same way. I just think you found Bass and Scott this off-season as well as adding Allen/Fergeson/Sutton/Houston/Young thats 7 guys that can play!! be happy with that overhaul and squeeze some more troubled positions on the roster. I just find Lane redundant given the flexibility of the 9 in front of him.....and that is where special teams and versatility could push Lane out of that 10th spot and have Emery give it to Washington....you can make a case for that potential 5th DT in an emergency.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Danieal Manning got cut. Should the Bears take a look at him?

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
I think Robertson has been hanging on as our 5th DT in a pinch.
He's listed as a DE I believe, but on the depth chart they had him in the DT spot.
And he's been doing some work at the DT position in the Preseason.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The thing is Washington provides more special teams value than Lane

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
man, they are really down to the wire. how in the hell do emery / trestman make even the last couple of cuts exciting? keep thinking they're scrambling around trying to make something happen. which is great, because in the past, seemed like we didn't do much of anything. lots of interesting cuts on other teams, should be cool to see if we make any moves.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
man, they are really down to the wire. how in the hell do emery / trestman make even the last couple of cuts exciting? keep thinking they're scrambling around trying to make something happen. which is great, because in the past, seemed like we didn't do much of anything. lots of interesting cuts on other teams, should be cool to see if we make any moves.

The last thing I picture Emery/Trestman doing is "scrambling". These dudes always look so calm and collected, haha. I'm sure they're sitting in their offices, sipping coffee calmly as they make the final decisions.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
John Mullin - #Bears working phones for possible trades before final cuts - never know when 2 teams will help each other
2:51pm - 30 Aug 14

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Roberton, Dunn,

Ola or Leno?

Draugns or Hurst?

Where are we on longsnapper? We should just cut ours and sign the SF guy tomorrow.

Spurlock or Leno or Ola?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ola has zero chance of getting cut

Reactions: WCL

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ola has zero chance of getting cut

anybody want to give a scouting report on Ola?

I don't get it but I am a size/speed freak and Ola is just a football player grinder that gets it done. He's a hog, a plugger.

Anybody with o-line knowledge want to crituque his strengths and weaknesses for us, I am very interested and haven't had a chance to review tape and watch him.