D-Line issues

Bearsweatherman

Liked Posts:
Just my opinion but after watching last weeks game where Jacobs just gashed us, it isn't the lack of talent alone on the D-line that is hurting us. I feel we have young DT's who are busting their tails, trying to make plays, which is leading to them getting out of their gaps. I think if the coaching staff can get them to maintain gap discipline our rush D will improve greatly. This isn't going to improve our pass rush unfortunately but I do feel this problem of getting gashed on the ground is fixable.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
The pass rush will improve and the defense overall will improve, when the offense starts scoring more points than the other teams offense scores, not adding in any points that the defense may contribute by way of turn over, it is as simple as that IMO.

The offense needs to carry this team, that is how it is looikng right now, and it should since so much has been put into that side of the balll. You have an above average QB, a very good TE, several above average WR's, a very decent set of running backs who both are capable of running the ball, and also catching it, and as I see it right now, an o-line that looks to be legit and improving weekly.

This offense should be scoring 24+ points per game, on their own, not turning the ball over, and moving it on a consistent basis so that the field position always favors our defense when the other team is on the offensive. There is no reason why this can not play out like this given what they have right now. If they can do that then it will offset the kinks in the defense and special teams.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
No. That's what the offense is averaging.

okay, then that is good....so to add to that, if they can limit the turn overs so the defense is not having to defend short fields, and the offense can move the ball on a consistant basis so that the opposing teams offense starts their drives in field positon that is favorable to our defense, then I think the issues with defense and special teams will be covered.....again, my opinion.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
we got gashed on the ground because our MLB was terrible at playing the run...

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
it was... DJ williams new nickname.... the ghost

Jacobs avergaed 2.8 yards before even being touched. That is the fault of the DL. Jacobs sure got a bunch of yards after Williams was injured. Jacobs had 45 yards in the 4th qtr

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Jacobs avergaed 2.8 yards before even being touched. That is the fault of the DL. Jacobs sure got a bunch of yards after Williams was injured. Jacobs had 45 yards in the 4th qtr

Are you sleeping with DJ williams? aka the ghost?

He was terrible all season long... I can't even believe you are defending him... Brian Urlacher injured and old led the league in tackles after 5 weeks from this defense... DJ Williams had the least tackles in the league as a starter at his position... Please just stfu...

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Are you sleeping with DJ williams? aka the ghost?

He was terrible all season long... I can't even believe you are defending him... Brian Urlacher injured and old led the league in tackles after 5 weeks from this defense... DJ Williams had the least tackles in the league as a starter at his position... Please just stfu...

2.8 yards before being touched, how is that on Williams? Please explain. Plus, Jacobs ran wild in the 4th quarter, this was after Williams was out.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just my opinion but after watching last weeks game where Jacobs just gashed us, it isn't the lack of talent alone on the D-line that is hurting us. I feel we have young DT's who are busting their tails, trying to make plays, which is leading to them getting out of their gaps. I think if the coaching staff can get them to maintain gap discipline our rush D will improve greatly. This isn't going to improve our pass rush unfortunately but I do feel this problem of getting gashed on the ground is fixable.

I'm glad you feel we might get other teams to give up on running us over.... someday.
I hope it starts with Bostic in the middle, but I'm afraid it has more to do with the Dline than the LBs, as to improving and our D becomming better.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had a combination of chocolate fiber one and reeses puffs for breakfast.