D. Rose: "I Couldn't Handle Double Teams in The Playoffs"....Reason He Didn't Return

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
D. Rose: "I Couldn't Handle Double Teams in The Playoffs"....Reason He Didn't Return

#Bulls @DRose "I knew I couldn't take on a double team in the playoffs," thus decided not to return.

I can understand his position, he was worried that teams would pressure him and he would turn the ball over. Makes sense, but I would have still liked to see him come out there.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I agree with Scoot. I understand him not playing but the whole talk was about him maybe playing next game, or the next game, or the next game it had gotten ridiculous.

Liked Posts:
It would've been hard coming back in an environment like that, he now has a full offseason, training camp, and preseason to really get back.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
why say this?

if they ask you why you didnt comeback tell them "both teams played hard"

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
#Bulls @DRose "I knew I couldn't take on a double team in the playoffs," thus decided not to return.

I can understand his position, he was worried that teams would pressure him and he would turn the ball over. Makes sense, but I would have still liked to see him come out there.

Just another excuse. Hard to believe this is the reason he didn't play.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:

Wow............Really? :shrug:

Maybe he should of grabbed Dorothys hand and tagged along with her down the Yellow Brick Road.
He could of asked the Wizard for courage. :troll:

I wonder how the media would of reacted if Lebron James had made a statement like Rose said.
Would of been a witch hunt and public crucifixion.....

Last edited:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

I think we need to stop talking about last year, and start talking about how this experience translates into a better DRose, and a FULL Bulls squad since a while.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I think we need to stop talking about last year, and start talking about how this experience translates into a better DRose, and a FULL Bulls squad since a while.

What makes Derrick so immuned to criticism?
Does he have to commit armed robbery or kill someone first?

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
What makes Derrick so immuned to criticism?
Does he have to commit armed robbery or kill someone first?

What has he done to deserve criticism? He suffered a devastating injury, has done everything he can to work his ass off into the best shape of his life, and people would not stop (and apparently still won't stop) bitching about how they think he should have handled the situation (that they know nothing about)

Is it that hard to believe that while he may have been leaning the whole times towards not coming back last season, that just maybe he left open that 1% chance that he could return, and that that is why he never definitively stated that he wouldn't return?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
What has he done to deserve criticism? He suffered a devastating injury, has done everything he can to work his ass off into the best shape of his life, and people would not stop (and apparently still won't stop) bitching about how they think he should have handled the situation (that they know nothing about)

Is it that hard to believe that while he may have been leaning the whole times towards not coming back last season, that just maybe he left open that 1% chance that he could return, and that that is why he never definitively stated that he wouldn't return?

LOL...HE KNEW HE WASN'T COMING BACK! What's done is done but let's not skew history here...

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I would have liked him to just say "I'm not playing this year" and end it at that.

And that's where the criticism of him and the team came from. Instead of just saying the knee is strong and rehab is great I/he can't perform at the level I/he expects so wait until next year. But they kept dropping hints, acting coy and both paid the price because they allowed people to get optimistic when there was no chance.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just another excuse. Hard to believe this is the reason he didn't play.

I actually thought this was honest.

Everything he is saying now is what fans pretty much knew but wanted him say back then. He has also recently said that he didn't want to risk getting injured again. All the knee pain and hamstring tightness was just excuses... I think what he is saying now is legitimate.

Last edited:

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
LOL...HE KNEW HE WASN'T COMING BACK! What's done is done but let's not skew history here...

I'm honest to God not trying to skew history. I'm giving him the benefit of doubt because before the injury the man did nothing but show dedication, hard work, competitive drive, humility, etc.

It just doesn't make sense to me that a person like that would all of the sudden turn into an attention whore who got a hard on pulling Bulls fans strings. Maybe he really thought there was a minute chance that he would return so he never definitely said that he wouldn't. Maybe I'm wrong (I'm not saying I not wrong, I very, very well could be). But I'm going to give the man the benefit of doubt because of everything he has done for this franchise prior to his injury.

But you're right. The past is the past and it really doesn't matter anymore. I'm looking forward as hell to this up-coming season. GO BULLS!

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Give it a rest already. He suffered a devastating knee injury that I'm certain a very few, if any, on this board have ever experienced. I expected him to be out all year. However, the Adidas marketing campaign, coupled with the Bulls team success, a loudmouth big brother, & a spiteful GM, made for interesting back & forth drama that I felt drew unwarranted criticism to Rose, who honestly, just wanted to be left alone to focus on his rehab. If I can forgive MJ for leaving us high & dry after the 1st 3-peat for minor league baseball, I can forgive Rose for sitting out a full year to recover from a torn ACL. At the end of the day, Rose is OUR MVP. So forget the past & focus on the future.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Not touching the Rose stuff anymore, though there were some things omitted/very wrong stated about that situation in this conversation.

MJ left the fans "high and dry"???? Didn't his father get murdered? That is a bit much there don't you think? We are talking the same MJ who fought with management TO PLAY THROUGH AN INJURY! He had a right to retire if he wanted...what he didn't do...

Lead fans on, confuse front office and teammates with his intentions, actions and statements...and he didn't let Nike, his older brother, or anyone else speak for him.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Not touching the Rose stuff anymore, though there were some things omitted/very wrong stated about that situation in this conversation.

MJ left the fans "high and dry"???? Didn't his father get murdered? That is a bit much there don't you think? We are talking the same MJ who fought with management TO PLAY THROUGH AN INJURY! He had a right to retire if he wanted...what he didn't do...

Lead fans on, confuse front office and teammates with his intentions, actions and statements...and he didn't let Nike, his older brother, or anyone else speak for him.

Thank You.
Jordan brought us championships. That was his intentions and thats what he did.

Last edited:

sicko

Liked Posts:
I was all for him sitting out the entire year and I am glad he did!

Fans can be very selfish and just flat out IGNORANT sometimes and start acting and feeling entitled and think because they buy tickets they can tell players what to do and how to live their life and feel as if they know what is best for the players

ROSE MADE THE RIGHT DECISION!