D the last two weeks

CalebsFingerNails

Liked Posts:
Look at the respect Flus is getting. His own player is recording Flus' speech so he can be inspired whenever and wherever he needs inspiration in football, nay life.
Dude even got out the shower to hear his speech, truly an inspirational coach

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I’ve never fan of fan of Flus as a HC. I don’t like his defensive scheme.

I will say this, however. It seems like he has gotten the players to play hard for him, and he seems to at least try to adapt to changing circumstances.

I think he would be a good DC if he adapted his scheme a bit.

I think he is in over his head as a HC.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I will say this, however. It seems like he has gotten the players to play hard for him, and he seems to at least try to adapt to changing circumstances.
Story of all the Bears' sub-par head coaches for ages now, sans Trestman.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears have been playing much more man since the first Vikings game. Thats all I ask, mix it up a bit and they've done that on defense

And just like a offensive head coach would get credit for his offense, eberflus should get credit for his work with the defense. 9th in yards right now

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You most certainly can

Just like the Steelers fired their OC. Not saying this should happen but saying they can't is not correct
Tomlin has a proven record as a winner

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't count the DET game as any kind of standard of quality defense. They gave up 31 points in just over 19 minutes of time of possession to DET while choking away the game in the final 4 minutes. Once Goff stopped doing stupid stuff, he carved that defense up. Any time this defense plays a mediocre or good quarterback, they can't ever get off the field. Josh Dobbs might as well have been another Brian Hoyer.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Wait! I thought Monk's line was, "Here's what happened".
Lmao...............You're correct, but that's in the 2nd half-hour, but "he's the guy", is in the 1st .....as I'm sure you are aware of that.......you can thank me later.......lol.........btw.... A "Monk" 2-hour movie is coming out soon on Peacock.

ChiGuy23

Liked Posts:
If the D continues to dominate I think there is a case for keeping Flus. To give all the credit to the players and leave out the system and play calling is extremely short sighted.

Getsy and Fields seem to be the biggest setbacks at the moment. Maybe add receiver in that mix and then online. There were so many plays today when Fields had time but did not pull the trigger. All 22 will be very telling.
I honestly don’t think Fields has the processing ability to throw receivers open and manipulate defenses from the pocket. Getsy is aweful, no doubt. But for Fields to all of a sudden be able to do these critical mental things at an elite level just isn’t going to happen at this point. The Vikings game is proof of this fact, to me. He’s had more time to throw in the pocket than any other QB in the NFL. Every start of his shows receivers getting open and he’s just not pulling the trigger or he doesn’t even see it. The downfield game has become almost nonexistent.

He makes some electric plays, but in the mental aspects of what makes a great QB, Fields is severely lacking.

They don’t need Fields 2.0 in Caleb Williams, who also can’t throw with anticipation or manipulate from the pocket. I’m hoping they draft a QB with the highest playing IQ mixed pocket presence.