Dak Prescott MVP candidate

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
One year ago fourth round third string QB with absolutely no clue about anything about his offense or the NFL. Romo gets hurt and everything changes because Dak gets to play. Dak played and only then did Dallas know what they had.

Drew Bledsoe gets hurt and Dallas has no idea what they have in Tony Romo and he plays and has a top-5 all time QB efficiency rating.

Drew Bledsoe in New England gets hurt, who in the hell knows what sixth round draft pick Tom Brady is, do the Patriots even want to find out? Oh he's a five time Super Bowl champion.

You don't know what you have until he plays. Mitchell Trubisky should go out and play and play well.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
We will know the Bears intent tomorrow when the Bears are on the practice field if it is a possibility Mitch is the week 1 starter.

If he is getting reps with the 1's, things will get verrrrrrry interesting.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But the Bears do know what they have, a potential franchise QB. That's why they traded up to draft him. I'm not sure why you are trying to compare Trubisky's situation to that of a 4th and a 6th round draft pick.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
One year ago fourth round third string QB with absolutely no clue about anything about his offense or the NFL. Romo gets hurt and everything changes because Dak gets to play. Dak played and only then did Dallas know what they had.

Drew Bledsoe gets hurt and Dallas has no idea what they have in Tony Romo and he plays and has a top-5 all time QB efficiency rating.

Drew Bledsoe in New England gets hurt, who in the hell knows what sixth round draft pick Tom Brady is, do the Patriots even want to find out? Oh he's a five time Super Bowl champion.

You don't know what you have until he plays. Mitchell Trubisky should go out and play and play well.

Man I wish we had Drew Bledsoe instead of Garbage Glennon

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Man I wish we had Drew Bledsoe instead of Garbage Glennon

I actually wish we had Romo. At his age/health I think the dynamic in the QB room would probably be different.

ignignokt

Liked Posts:
So we are hoping Glennon gets hurt so we can get Tribs in..?? Right??

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

I'm hoping the Bears are up 40 by halftime each game so Trubinsky can get reps with the first team earlier in the third quarters.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually wish we had Romo. At his age/health I think the dynamic in the QB room would probably be different.

That is a good point.

This would be much more stable and low drama if it was Tony Romo's last hurrah, with Trubs in the wings, rather than all this pressure on Glennon to do something and salvage a season he probably isn't capable of salvaging. It was a good try by team, with rose colored glasses, and unfortunately netted us nothing but controversy and a slight draft screen for 18 million. It happens.

Romo would have been committing to a stop-gap short term solution and I guess they didn't want that. It makes more sense now that we have a future QB. Perhaps Romo would have retained Jeffery as well?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping the Bears are up 40 by halftime each game so Trubinsky can get reps with the first team earlier in the third quarters.

when glennon is down 25 in regular season you might get your wish and see Sanchez brought out to cacophonous boo's.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
But the Bears do know what they have, a potential franchise QB. That's why they traded up to draft him. I'm not sure why you are trying to compare Trubisky's situation to that of a 4th and a 6th round draft pick.

Because the argument that Mitch isn't ready is silly. None of these guys are ready when they come into the league. But they have to have the opportunity. The Bears not willing give him a chance is silly.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

I'd rather have him as a backup than injured.
No matter how futile I think I'll keep hoping the Bears' staff wises up and realizes that short of playing for a #1 pick Glennon does nothing for us.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
The difference is none of those guys had the vocal intent of the coach and GM to be the long-term franchise QB. It's not a matter of if he gets a chance, it's when. With that being said, I do selfishly want to see him get a chance because his potential is endlessly higher than Glennon and Sanchez put together, which is known as a dirty Glennon Sanchez. If the coaches think the early chance could inhibit his growth because he's not mentally ready, then I'll respect that for part of or all of 1 year.