Dale Sveum: Dead Man Walking

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would eval him on how he has been influencing the young hitters. Take Rizzo and Castro. They sucked and the tinkering has made them worse. Reason why is because starting next year the real talent starts upwelling. Starting with Baez. Do we want Dale molding these guys? Based off of Castro alone no.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I would eval him on how he has been influencing the young hitters. Take Rizzo and Castro. They sucked and the tinkering has made them worse. Reason why is because starting next year the real talent starts upwelling. Starting with Baez. Do we want Dale molding these guys? Based off of Castro alone no.

It's quite possible that Rizzo and certainly in Castro's case that they just aren't good players.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's quite possible that Rizzo and certainly in Castro's case that they just aren't good players.

Yea, Castro is no good. The three seasons before this season doesn't count. He sucks. Give him away. Ridiculous

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:

Just stop. I don't know about Rizzo, but the Cubs messed up Castro. And Theo admitted over the past few days. Should have just left him the way he was. Hopefully he gets back to form.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

LMAO at "certainly in Castro's case"

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Woo hoo 3 in a roll that just laughed at Brett's post. I don't even know why we chose to respond to him lol.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm gunna try and write up an article today that says "Should Dale Sveum Go or Should He Stay?"

He lost the game for the Cubs again today by him not know how to use a bullpen.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I'm gunna try and write up an article today that says "Should Dale Sveum Go or Should He Stay?"

He lost the game for the Cubs again today by him not know how to use a bullpen.

Figured someone would have posted the Phil Rogers column by now...front page of today's Trib sports section in which he suggests Girardi.

LOL, I wanted him over Piniella originally and have little confidence he's a good fit at this point.

So what if a slightly better manager gives the club an extra 10-15 wins, Cubs are not even close enough to competing in their own division for those W's to make a difference.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
The team is garbage. Ron Washington, Joe Girardi, Jim Leyland, etc wouldn't do a damn thing with this roster. However I don't think Sveum has done an acceptable job as players have regressed under him.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
It wouldn't be for next year... it would be the year after next. So the manager would have to be a future move.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Figured someone would have posted the Phil Rogers column by now...front page of today's Trib sports section in which he suggests Girardi.

LOL, I wanted him over Piniella originally and have little confidence he's a good fit at this point.

So what if a slightly better manager gives the club an extra 10-15 wins, Cubs are not even close enough to competing in their own division for those W's to make a difference.

Overvaluing how much a coaches decision impacts the season. It would be 10 games at the maximum but more like 5 to 6. Sveum will play out his contract and be on his way.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Agreed, but how many managers survive back-to-back 95-loss seasons?

The biggest problem isn't the win-loss record, it's the lack of development of players like Rizzo, Castro and Jeff Samardzija.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know. Now I am reading that this has legs. Evidentally, Theo and them are not happy with the regression of Rizzo and Castro and are blaming it on Sveum. Seems his job is really up in the air. Also, reports are that he doesn't have much control of the team and the players don't really care for him.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if the Cubs can't get Girardi, he'll finish out his contract. If the Cubs can, obvious he's gone.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yea, Castro is no good. The three seasons before this season doesn't count. He sucks. Give him away. Ridiculous
I never said give him away. Did say he should have been traded a long time ago just after his peak had been met. So far, I'm dead on with that. But I know, rip up the contract that he has and give the man a better one ;)
Just stop. I don't know about Rizzo, but the Cubs messed up Castro. And Theo admitted over the past few days. Should have just left him the way he was. Hopefully he gets back to form.
Yeah, not like he couldn't just keep on doing what worked for him. He got paid, it's not like they were going to send him down or bench him for a prolong period of time for continuing to hit like he did prior to the "adjustments."
LMAO at "certainly in Castro's case"
Called sample size bro.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You realize that Castro started to suck after he was told to reinvent himself and to not be aggressive at the plate right?

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_09_22_atlmlb_chnmlb_1&mode=recap_home&c_id=chc

Castro said that even though he struck out in that situation, his 11-pitch at-bat -- in which he fouled off five pitches -- was indicative of the type of hitter he was a couple of seasons ago, when he collected over 200 hits.

"I feel good," Castro said. "I'm not a machine that every at-bat I get a hit or something like that. But I feel pretty good. I feel like it was me when I got my 200 hits, when every at-bat I felt like I won the at-bat. I looked at some pitches. I think I had my timing."

Castro added that a piece of advice from Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein has helped him over the last few games.

"He told me to be myself and don't try to take a walk," Castro said. "Some people have this talent and some people don't. Some people swing the bat and some people can take pitches, but I'm not that kind of [hitter]. I just [have to] be me and go and play and keep being aggressive."

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never said give him away. Did say he should have been traded a long time ago just after his peak had been met. So far, I'm dead on with that. But I know, rip up the contract that he has and give the man a better one ;)

Yeah, not like he couldn't just keep on doing what worked for him. He got paid, it's not like they were going to send him down or bench him for a prolong period of time for continuing to hit like he did prior to the "adjustments."

Called sample size bro.

Sample size? :X