Dalton probably starting Sunday

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its because the average bears fan on here gets their news from Black Rainbow.

Bears cap situation is fine. The young depth situation is fine too on the offensive side, at least.

These isn't the most difficult rebuild ever for a new GM and coach, particularly if they focus on the offense to let Fields blossom.

Its because the average bears fan on here gets their news from Black Rainbow.

Bears cap situation is fine. The young depth situation is fine too on the offensive side, at least.

These isn't the most difficult rebuild ever for a new GM and coach, particularly if they focus on the offense to let Fields blossom.
may be fine for a 12 loss team, but far from cutting the mustard on a contender

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Just trying to put things in perspective. A lot of people see $43 million and think they have a lot of room to work with this offseason which isn't accurate

They have plenty of cap space. They're certainly not in "cap hell". They may not be in the best position, but they have more than enough cap space to do whatever they want to do this off-season.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have plenty of cap space. They're certainly not in "cap hell". They may not be in the best position, but they have more than enough cap space to do whatever they want to do this off-season.
lol no they don't. Yes it's not dire, but they also need to fill half a roster, rookie draft pool, in season spending etc., I feel like they can make a big free agent signing (hopefully a center) and a budget WR.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say whatever they want. Like people that want Adams, that would be at the expense of other positions such as OL

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say whatever they want. Like people that want Adams, that would be at the expense of other positions such as OL
Agree. We have some room to maneuver, but it’s not unlimited. The new staff will have to be smart with their cap use this off-season, to prepare for a bigger move for 2023…

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Nobody seems to give a shit at this point if Fields plays or not since the season is lost but its not a good sign that he can't stay on the Field. You can't have your starting QB missing a quarter of the season or more and expect to be in contention every year.

For a guy who's supposedly so athletic I've never seen a qb look so awkward when he gets hit or falls.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Which is fine with me. Put Justin in bubblewrap, keep Nagy's hands off. He's going to be a question mark going into next year. There's nothing he can show between now and a week from Sunday to change that. At least he'll be healthy. He's had plenty of rookie season reps under Matt Nagy.

bust, dude can't stay on the field, injury prone and fumbles like a mofo

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My opinion is they should tank hard next year for CB/WR. Save up their money and start looking 2 or 3 years out…acquire players and picks you can deal for future picks and let contracts expire into the compensatory system together.
Come on strong in say 2024 with a cyclical war chest of capital.

Bust

Liked Posts:
My opinion is they should tank hard next year for CB/WR. Save up their money and start looking 2 or 3 years out…acquire players and picks you can deal for future picks and let contracts expire into the compensatory system together.

If the bears in your words tank <suck> next year it would only mean Fields is struggling in year 2 to grasp the new offense and is still turning the ball over like a mofo, heh.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They aren't where we would all like them to be but also not as bad off as many keep saying they are. They can't go sign any player at the top of their position (maybe one) in free agency but can shop in the tier 2 and 3 department and sign good players and fill out the roster. Somewhere around 10 or more of the players they sign won't even get $1 mil for the year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hicks and Robinson as top players to replace or sign
31 FA

GB has Adams
22 FA
And will save $20m against the cap if Rodgers leaves.

Difference in random FA signings will be about $1m each but we need starters/upgrades at WR, DB, OLB and OL so it will be more. Maybe not worse shape that the team with the lowest cap # but we are not better overall.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That would take a GM that has a total different view of this team then R.Pace does and could be exactly what we have after this year.

To be continued on that one.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They aren't where we would all like them to be but also not as bad off as many keep saying they are. They can't go sign any player at the top of their position (maybe one) in free agency but can shop in the tier 2 and 3 department and sign good players and fill out the roster. Somewhere around 10 or more of the players they sign won't even get $1 mil for the year.
And those won't be starters or if they are, we likely won't improve. Do you think GBs cap will bring them to under 500, even if they lose Rodgers? As was said before, of course we'll have 53. hardly the point in this competitive environment. Signed WRs, Mooney and Daz. What's out DBs? OL needs to get better eve if the Ts work out. 2nd ILB?

We could get lucky and land some diamonds in the rough but you certainly can't count on it.

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
And those won't be starters or if they are, we likely won't improve. Do you think GBs cap will bring them to under 500, even if they lose Rodgers? As was said before, of course we'll have 53. hardly the point in this competitive environment. Signed WRs, Mooney and Daz. What's out DBs? OL needs to get better eve if the Ts work out. 2nd ILB?

We could get lucky and land some diamonds in the rough but you certainly can't count on it.
Every team needs young players to step up. We have several that need to be filling key roles. If they do, we will be fine…even good, maybe. If they don’t…rebuild.

But that’s the case for most every team, isn’t it?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I keep seeing this. The Bears have just under $43 mil in projected cap space. For the record the Packers are currently projected to be $37 mil over the cap in 2022.
Quinn’s best chance with be against NYG. I believe Cousins is one of the least sacked QBs this year
Bears got him 4 times a couple weeks ago. I think Quinn got 2. They tend to play well against Minnesota recently.