Dalton will start @ Raiders if he's healthy enough, Nagy says

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
What Justin Fields needs right now is a coach and organization to stand at the mic and say loud and proud for everyone to hear:

"Justin Fields is our starting quarterback, and we are devoted to using all our resources to make sure he's the best damn quarterback he can be. We believe in him 100 percent and are excited to get going with his progress."
Instead we have Nagy, "Did you see that 60+ yard pass?" "All me!" "I, as HC, had everything to do with the Bears win from Monty running well, Fields being extremely accurate to the Lions center snapping the ball early. All me!"

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Raiders bring serious heat in the pass rush. And without Montgomery its going to be much harder to set up playaction. Its going to be a tough game probably.

Though if they do win today against the Chargers I do think this becomes a little bit of a trap game for them. This is the fourth season since the Khalil Mack trade, most of these players weren't around for that and those that were already got even in London. The Raiders at 4-0, two games ahead of the Chiefs in their division and feeling really good about themselves are primed for a big correction against a team that is still better than people give it credit for

Brownie

Liked Posts:

(sorry if this was already posted)

.. I wonder how much truth there is in this, or maybe it's part of the current arrangement: that Nagy calls place if Dalton plays :unsure:

I could totally see that happening (or is common knowledge?) with Nagy being so hellbent on the World seeing that his system isn't total shit..

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he does this, and the team can only get to 14 points with Dalton's dink and dunk playing, Nagy should be fired in Vegas, and tell his dumb ass to find his own flight home.

Clearly he has no plan to get Fields ready to be the face of this team....IE his fucking job, so I don't get why Pace doesn't just shit can him now and get it over with. Having Fields go through the rookie bumps and bruises NEXT year is insane.
Maybe someone should roofy him before the game in vegas and leave him on the roof of the hotel

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I just cannot believe someone higher up than Nagy isn't stepping in.

If I was Pace I would trade Dalton and tell Nagy to get bent if I wasn't allowed to fire him.
In that scenario, Foles would start. Nagy is gonna Nagy.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I’m starting to think Nagy has some kind of mental disorder. I’m not saying that negatively and certainly not saying that as an insult. But I have never seen a coach who absolutely can’t see reality as severely as Nagy.

1) He actually believes his scheme is fantastic and just needs to find the right QB to run it (wherever he is), or

2) he is doing this so at the end of the year he can claim NOW he needs more time to develop Fields since Dalton started this year. Which serves his interests, and not the teams’.

Either way, he needs to be fired immediately. He is absolutely an unstable guy masquerading as a HC.
The visor wearing fried his brains.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Nagy is daring the Bears to fire him because he knows they won't. Hysterical.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy is daring the Bears to fire him because he knows they won't. Hysterical.
The above statement is totally fucked up.....not because it is wrong.....but because it is exactly right.

It's just not their way. They would have no idea who to hire to replace him.

It would be another call to old "Ern" for help.

They are football stunted.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
If he goes back to Dalton, and they lose, Nagy is going to lose the locker room.

It's all about Nagy's need to vindicate his system, and the lovers promise be gave Dalton in the offseason....

Pair7_740x.jpg

ImSure

Liked Posts:
now that we know exactly who Matt Nagy is (and have for some time) was there a worse boss to work for (for Mitch and Justin)?

forget about their difference in talent. they neither had a chance with (OC) Nagy as their boss (we don't even need many snaps with OC Nagy and Justin to know now).

Justin is just blessed that he's coming in at the very tail end of a horrible OC.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one understands that Dalton was promised the starting position.

I don't think this is Nagy's call.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
No one understands that Dalton was promised the starting position.

I don't think this is Nagy's call.
I don’t agree with that. Unless it’s in the contract, if Nagy and the FO are going back to Dalton because of convos before the draft and before JF fell within range, then a lot of other people besides Nagy need to be fired.

greg23

Liked Posts:
The Raiders bring serious heat in the pass rush. And without Montgomery its going to be much harder to set up playaction. Its going to be a tough game probably.

Though if they do win today against the Chargers I do think this becomes a little bit of a trap game for them. This is the fourth season since the Khalil Mack trade, most of these players weren't around for that and those that were already got even in London. The Raiders at 4-0, two games ahead of the Chiefs in their division and feeling really good about themselves are primed for a big correction against a team that is still better than people give it credit for
The funny thing is; you don't even need to run the ball alot or that effectively to have "play action" work......you just need to be under center; with a running back behind the qb and the "play action" usually opens up the intermediate middle of the field AND slows down the pass rush

Our bald genius would rather sit in shotgun with a rookie qb and 5 avg lineman blocking for him and see what happens.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t agree with that. Unless it’s in the contract, if Nagy and the FO are going back to Dalton because of convos before the draft and before JF fell within range, then a lot of other people besides Nagy need to be fired.
It has nothing to do with a contract. I believe it has to do with the good faith negotiation in that Pace promised him the starting position and the Bears front office have to decided to stick with it until they can't.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
It has nothing to do with a contract. I believe it has to do with the good faith negotiation in that Pace promised him the starting position and the Bears front office have to decided to stick with it until they can't.
Then that is reason enough to fire Pace. You don’t “guarantee” anyone anything like that before the draft.

I understand the difference between contractual language and good faith talks. But even making that promise is stupid and grounds for termination. A draft changes all of those metrics.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Yeah this looks bad for Nagy and I think he's dumb for making this decision BUT Dalton was on fire before that knee injury. If he picks back up where he left off maybe it won't be so bad to have two QBs playing well for us
There is dink and dunk "on fire".

There is explosive play "on fire".

and there is so much shit coming out of it, Nagy's ass must be "on fire".