Danks placed on DL

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
White Sox placed LHP John Danks on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right oblique.

It's the first time in his career that he's required a trip to the DL. Danks left Saturday's start after just 1 2/3 innings with the injury and although he felt a little better Sunday, he remained very sore. He's expected to undergo an MRI Monday, at which point we'll have better idea how long he might be sidelined. Typically, though, oblique strains require a minimum of three weeks on the DL. The White Sox will go back to a five-man rotation with Danks out.
Not surprised.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm still confused as to why the sox are using a 6-man rot in the 1st place.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still confused as to why the sox are using a 6-man rot in the 1st place.

6 man rotation doesnt put you in 1st or last. each guy responds different to an extra day off.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
damn, anyone know who replaced him on the roster?

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Very disappointing. Hopefully Danks can pick up where he left off. He was really throwing the ball well in his past few outings. We can't catch a break...well, aside from Humber's emergence.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
6 man rotation doesnt put you in 1st or last. each guy responds different to an extra day off.

still confused. The Sox have too much talent to be in last....they'll finish near the top...6 man rot's just don't make sense to me.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
still confused. The Sox have too much talent to be in last....they'll finish near the top...6 man rot's just don't make sense to me.

Me either. Ahh... thats Ozzie, short answer. Humbers been too good to go to the bullpen, Floyds' a starter, so is Danks, so is Janckson and Buerhle aint goin nowhere. Ozzie doesnt know who to bench, so 6 man rotation.We should trade(ejax, floyd, imo) for some bullpen help, a long reliever.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

they are stupid. the only explanation I have heard is the career innings that MB has had and how he slows down at the end of the year. I think a lot of pitchers go through what is called "dead arm" and it isnt like MB is this power pitcher, he is all finesse. Another reason may be the trust factor with Peavy and his injuries.

i wouldnt mind ejax traded or gavin floyd to the pen for long relief. gavin needs to get his shit together.

But as of right now, we arent going to win with pierre in everyday, and ozzie sucking at in game managing.

To think we have blown 2 plus run leads in the 9th multiple times, pierre dropping the ball, dunn having a mental breakdown, and being the worst team in baseball may 3, i am shocked that the team is 4.5 back and only 3 games under .500

on a side note i hate bad baseball as im sure you do to. it sucks, makes the summer long.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Me either. Ahh... thats Ozzie, short answer. Humbers been too good to go to the bullpen, Floyds' a starter, so is Danks, so is Janckson and Buerhle aint goin nowhere. Ozzie doesnt know who to bench, so 6 man rotation.We should trade(ejax, floyd, imo) for some bullpen help, a long reliever.

Absolutely do not trade Floyd. Floyd is one of the 3 starters under contract going into next season.

Rick

Liked Posts:
Why not bring up Dayan Viciedo? It's nice to have arms in the bullpen but Juan Pierre has been a disaster.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why not bring up Dayan Viciedo? It's nice to have arms in the bullpen but Juan Pierre has been a disaster.

You don't follow the Sox, do you?

Silly question :)

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Perhaps right now is not the right place to ask, but when did having 12 pitchers become the standard? It seems like every team now feels the need to carry 7 relievers when not that long ago 6 was considered fine.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Not too much but just a little. I still think it makes more sense to bring in Viciedo. Pierre is bad.

Ozzie refuses to bench Pierre for Viciedo.