Data says Fields is the best Rookie QB past the first read................

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
“Impossibly talented, he has developed some bad habits... he’s an arrogant passer and must learn to respect the defense more,” Solak said. “That’s something that, if he can’t grow out of it, he’ll get burned by in the league.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
“Impossibly talented, he has developed some bad habits... he’s an arrogant passer and must learn to respect the defense more,” Solak said. “That’s something that, if he can’t grow out of it, he’ll get burned by in the league.
“But he’s already shown reps of growing out of it—and even when he sticks to his guns, he remains one of the best quarterback prospects of recent memory in terms of arm talent, accuracy, and sack-breaking ability. In this way, he is not like every other quarterback to come out: he is a better blend of accuracy, arm talent, and physical tools.”

he’s never going to lose a game

BearTX

Liked Posts:
One thing about Fields that we all will love is he is a winner and will not quit trying to make plays! The two games against Alabama and Clemson showed me all I need to see. Playing hurt and never once crying about it. Can’t wait until he is leading us!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's like a Cam Newton / Prescott hybrid. He's going to be good. Bronco's going to be taking the dick ripping from us bears fans for a while.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's a smart guy and it's a tough league. Cant imagine his confidence in his home run ability will hinder him long term if it looks like it's hurting his game. Let him play and figure it out.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He's like a Cam Newton / Prescott hybrid. He's going to be good. Bronco's going to be taking the dick ripping from us bears fans for a while.
There is a chance the 10 teams that drafted before the Bears will all regret their decisions. And that includes the Panthers for trading that pick.

Stonewall

Liked Posts:

I think he is a far better thrower and qb than either coming into the league

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is not conclusive evidence. It was one person who may have had biases.

That being said I think Fields was under drafted and could wind up being the best QB in the draft

Bust

Liked Posts:
There was some crazy stat where he was over 60pct completion on passes over 20++ yards down field with a crap ton of td's and but one pick.

Dude is working out even on vacation with his family, heh.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think that my draft prediction is going to come true, and I was just kidding when I said it.

My draft prediction was, in a few years, there was going to be some Youtube video with a title something like, The 10 (changed because the Bears moved up) Players Chosen Before Justin Fields.

It will talk about the 10 teams with foolish decisions of passing on Justin Fields, with 5 players being busts (1st round average failure rate), a few being ok and some being really good but not as good as Fields.

I see Denver, Detroit, 49er, Jets and Carolina fans choking back tears. Atlanta will probably have a terrific TE with no one to throw him the ball. The Vikes and Pats fans will be upset because they didn't trade up.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He needs to quit looking for the home run play and utilize the quick hot reads.
I think that much of his "he can't look beyond the first read" and "he is slow to process" are a result of him looking for the homerun all the time.

I would have wanted Nagy to create a whole field barrage of different level passes, but, Nagy being Nagy, wants Fields to be Homerun to Homerun, adding pressure to Fields instead of creating an offense of 100s of slashes, some deep, seem medium and some shallow.

I hope that Nagy is an amazing play creator because he has no clue how to develop a QB.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Article directly shows that Fields has the best #s both on looking past read 1 and success when doing so.

Yet, lotsa doubters, but no retort to the numbers ?‍♂️ Is there doubt this article's stats are true?

I get it, Bears Nation is gun-shy to anoint him saviour til we see results, but this reads good to me so far. Hope he doesn't change a thing - til he needs to. Throwing mechanics especially. Don't fix what clearly isn't broken. Dude's been blowing stats away - in a good way so far in his career. Let it build! But what do I know?

I do know that I don't trust Nagy to "fix" anything in what Fields walks in with.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I do know that I don't trust Nagy to "fix" anything in what Fields walks in with.
I remember someone saying that Nagy shouldn't fix anything because it is not his job, the job being the job of the offensive coordinator on down.

Everyone knows that it is the "offensive genius" on down whose job it is to fix the offense and Fields being part of the offense it is his job too. Does anyone think that the Denver defense doesn't have Fangio's fingerprints all over it?

Fangio's defensive staff take their identity from Fangio and so they teach players based on that. This way, when Fangio calls a game, he knows what to expect from his players because they were taught by his coaches in what he wants the players to know and what they should do.

Matt "Be You" Nagy brings no identity to the offense (can anyone say what his offensive philosophy is besides a Rorschach inkblot test?) so how can any coach teach Fields or anyone else on the offense to be competent in it?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember someone saying that Nagy shouldn't fix anything because it is not his job, the job being the job of the offensive coordinator on down.

Everyone knows that it is the "offensive genius" on down whose job it is to fix the offense and Fields being part of the offense it is his job too. Does anyone think that the Denver defense doesn't have Fangio's fingerprints all over it?

Fangio's defensive staff take their identity from Fangio and so they teach players based on that. This way, when Fangio calls a game, he knows what to expect from his players because they were taught by his coaches in what he wants the players to know and what they should do.

Matt "Be You" Nagy brings no identity to the offense (can anyone say what his offensive philosophy is besides a Rorschach inkblot test?) so how can any coach teach Fields or anyone else on the offense to be competent in it?

We've seen a lot of disfunction so far. An inkblot test would be a perfectly appropriate test...completely inaccurate and not proven to do anything but be randomly pointless.

We've also seen where Nagy gives up playcalling...team puts up 30+pts/game...only to have him take over playcalls again & lose. ?‍♂️

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta see him in some games.

EVERYBODY thought Cutler was the franchise savior in 2010.

Admit that much. You didn't doubt that when the trade was announced.

Nothing matters until you see Fields play.

No "data set" champions.