David Montgomery

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Montgomery is 4th in the league in rushing with a bottom 5 Oline!

He is the BEST player on the offense! I love AROB but he touches the ball, maybe 7 times a game, MONT is the best player on this offense!

Pace is terrible but I like this pick!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

He is the BEST player on the offense! I love AROB but he touches the ball, maybe 7 times a game, MONT is the best player on this offense!

Their run blocking has been very fucking good lately and he was doing jack shit when they werent playing well. Stop it.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Their run blocking has been very fucking good lately and he was doing jack shit when they werent playing well. Stop it.
This. I ate crow on Monty after the line started playing better but lol

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You know who else is really good. Roquan.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The game plan today should be alarming if that’s what they’re gonna try against Green Bay. They were really imbalanced going into halftime.

Monty SHOULD get 30 carries to 20-25 pass attempts.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The game plan today should be alarming if that’s what they’re gonna try against Green Bay. They were really imbalanced going into halftime.

Monty SHOULD get 30 carries to 20-25 pass attempts.

Maybe because they adjusted and it worked?

They ran the ball early, it wasn't working because the jags stacked the box and forced mitch to beat them. They ended up going to a hurry up shotgun look with quick passes. Ended up keeping the jags honest, and thats when we started to run the ball well.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Maybe because they adjusted and it worked?

They ran the ball early, it wasn't working because the jags stacked the box and forced mitch to beat them. They ended up going to a hurry up shotgun look with quick passes. Ended up keeping the jags honest, and thats when we started to run the ball well.
That jet sweep to Kmet on the 1 yard line was sick. They should do that against Green Bay. In all all seriousness if Mitch has 40+ attempts passing the bears are catching an L 100% against GB because that means 1 of 2 things.
1.Defense sucks so their playing from behind
2.Nagy is a pass happy idiot

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
That jet sweep to Kmet on the 1 yard line was sick. They should do that against Green Bay. In all all seriousness if Mitch has 40+ attempts passing the bears are catching an L 100% against GB because that means 1 of 2 things.
1.Defense sucks so their playing from behind
2.Nagy is a pass happy idiot
nagy hasn't been calling plays for a while now pal

Spankypants

Liked Posts:

Seriously? You think the run blocking has been "very good" lately? The Oline has been adequate, perhaps even close to average, but there are still multiple defensive players roaming the backfield when Monty gets the ball.
As to the early games, "he was doing jack shit when they werent playing well" is bullshit too.
The line sucked, one of the worst! And yet Monty lead the league in broken takles and was near the top in YAC.
He has the longest run from scrimmage in 32 years.
First consecutive 5TD/5 100 yd in 43 years.
Monty could be a cornerstone to this team for years if they work him, if you can't see that go sit with pass happy, trick play Nagy.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Seriously? You think the run blocking has been "very good" lately? The Oline has been adequate, perhaps even close to average, but there are still multiple defensive players roaming the backfield when Monty gets the ball.
As to the early games, "he was doing jack shit when they werent playing well" is bullshit too.
The line sucked, one of the worst! And yet Monty lead the league in broken takles and was near the top in YAC.
He has the longest run from scrimmage in 32 years.
First consecutive 5TD/5 100 yd in 43 years.
Monty could be a cornerstone to this team for years if they work him, if you can't see that go sit with pass happy, trick play Nagy.
Yes, its been very good. He was breaking tackles and his ypc was low and his production was non-existent. Again, this isn't because he sucks or anything. Its because the OL was performing as bad as its ever had.
These stats youre throwing around is all since the interior of the OL figured it out.
I think you're arguing something that im not even saying.

My whole point is this production of his isn't with a bottom 5 OL. As they've gone, so has he. It's not an insult to say that he couldnt run behind the OL when they were bottom 5, and thats being generous. Most backs wouldn't.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

He is the best on this offense.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
the offensive blocking has been OK, not very fucking good. GTFO~ Watch some coaches film and learn some shit