Jenkins
Cosmi
Eichenberg
Radunz
Brown
Little
Hudson
Mayfield

8 legit OT available in R2 and I think Jenkins is the only one who can't play LT (and he might be better as a guard as he looks slow in pass pro which is why he shouldn't be an option for us now with fields and will likely be gone)

I would hope Pace goes this route in R2 and then finds a wr in r3 (or corner if one stands out above the avail wr).

That said..if moore from miss is still there at 52 think pace has to take him (but figure he's long gone as well)
I agree---I think the choice will be made for Pace, in a way, with E. Moore being gone and so many legit tackles likely to be available. Plus, I think Pace believes he can get good, speedy receivers later in the draft, so getting an OT in the second and a receiver in, say, the 5th would be very on-brand.

Thecoach575

Liked Posts:
In round 2 OL, OL, OL!

This board gets it I just hope Pace and Nagy do too! Who knows how much better Trubiski would have played if he had a better line.

We can't make the same mistake with Fields.
I would love to see the Bears get a stud OT in 2 then, Pace should trade down in the 3rd for some additional picks. There are a lot of day 2-3 players that would be ranked much higher if there was a regular season in 2020 and our scouts seem to have a better idea of finding gems at the back end of the draft.

Liked Posts:
Jenkins and I would trade up and run to the podium for him too. A well balanced run and pass blocker.

Youd probably have to let him start the season and take his lumps at RT and kick over to LT the following season. But Jenkins is a future franchise LT or RT I believe.

Before last night, for years now it seems sometimes that this f.o. has tried to field a winner by pussyfooting around that foundation QB position and cornerstone LT position while doing everything else fairly well.

If Im Pace I just get this out of my hair and get these two vital areas adressed once and for the next decade, & be done with it.

I know their will be sexier picks at other positions, but not getting these two areas right has been a coach killer and a GM killer for years.

Last edited:

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
I don’t see many talk about LT Stone Forsythe. Big, athletic, and pro ready as a pass protector. His run blocking is poor though.

Another guy, RT prospect, Robert Jones.