DC succeeding this year ?

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
With all of the fire Tucker threads, can someone please name a DC that would have succeeded this year with our personnel? I'm not saying Tucker should be fired, but having a someone must pay mentality is short sided and rarely does any good.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I think people would just rather have someonewith a track record of success. Tucker has a track record of being below-mediocre so why even keep him?

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
well we saw marinelli succeed with the exact same roster. Really dude, ur puttign the blame on the players?
Ur saying peppers, briggs, melton, tillman, jennings brought tucker down not the other way.

i can almost guarantee u the guys we get this year wont be rated as good as those guys were going into last season.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well we saw marinelli succeed with the exact same roster. Really dude, ur puttign the blame on the players?
Ur saying peppers, briggs, melton, tillman, jennings brought tucker down not the other way.

i can almost guarantee u the guys we get this year wont be rated as good as those guys were going into last season.

I can almost guarantee u that I'm not going to try to make sense of your post here bruh.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
There is more than one reason to fire Tucker. He was hired to run a cover 2 defense. If Phil and Marc are as smart as I believe they are they will choose to run a different defense. So then you decide which defense best suits the players we have and have a realistic shot to acquire then you decide who is the smartest and most gifted DC on the market. Then you hire that guy. Tucker seems to be a knows a lot of defenses but is master of none type. We want the guy who is as close to being a master of whatever defense can get the most out of our players.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can almost guarantee u that I'm not going to try to make sense of your post here bruh.

Quit being so snorchy with the new guys :D

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
I honestly believe even with the great Messiah of defense Lovie Smith our D would have ranked at the bottom of the league, especially with what happened to our D this year.

having Peppers play like he is 90 years old and McClellin play like well ... just playing the Cover Who would have been dismantled by any Pee Wee league QB, no pressure, clueless linebackers and Safeties that should probably be working at McDonalds. I doubt it would have been much better than we saw with Tucker.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
I honestly believe even with the great Messiah of defense Lovie Smith our D would have ranked at the bottom of the league, especially with what happened to our D this year.

having Peppers play like he is 90 years old and McClellin play like well ... just playing the Cover Who would have been dismantled by any Pee Wee league QB, no pressure, clueless linebackers and Safeties that should probably be working at McDonalds. I doubt it would have been much better than we saw with Tucker.

good god, no, under lovie this d with the same players had elite players. Pro bowl players. wth?

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
This is what im getting at. All these excuses for tucker and none for the players who have actually showed some success in the system.
What was tuckers excuse for being so bad in jacksonville? He was just as bad, people act like put tucker in a bad situation, no he was given the keys to elite defense with mulitple probowlers.
Injuries or not, thats not an excuse.
We had bad safties , guess what so did lovie, he had a less experienced conte and wright and grossly outdeveloped them compared to tucker whcih every single player on our team regressed. No type of development at all.

Usually wash away seasons there is at least a silver lining, a young player getting his chance or some type of development. This year nothing. im talking about the defensive side of the ball. Sure we have silver linings on offense, on defense , nothing not a one.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

And watched Marinelli and company completely fail in Dallas this year... due to injuries, huh sound familiar?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Frazier, Horton for starters.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
The problem seems to be no one on the FO wants to take accountability for the firing. Becuase then if he is fired it will be an indictment on the hire and emery is too new at his position for the heat. trestman would be a good fall guy, make it seem like a rookie mistake.
but if they retain him and tucker sucks again, it shouldnt only be his head rolling u know what im saying.

The success of lack there -of of tucker should be tied into the job security of those of decided to make the retention.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
i cant beleive it! u guys are defending tucker ! and throwing the players under the bus.
Where the hell is the accountability.
The guy who started off the injury train was playing like crap before he went down!
Collins, the guy is lucky to be in the league.
Briggs, was sucking too.
WIlliams, sucked and was done the year before couldnt get out of training camp.
Peanut was getting toasted every week! He went through a renessaince the year before. He just got old right not good enough for tucker.

Cant believe u guys are buying the injury cop out for a guy who had one decent ranked defense in like 5 years as a DC. And it wasnt sustained , the d immediately fell back to league bottom the following season. how can u guys back him up?

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
First off we didn't have the same players. How can you blame a coach for your highest paid player not showing up? We also lost our pro bowl DT, pro bowl CB, two starting LB, another starting DT to injury. To say Tucker had the same players is not accurate. I'm not saying he should keep his job as I don't have the opportunity to study tape, but what I can say is he was dealt an unwinnable hand of cards. If he was our choice last year, unless the tape screams that he made terrible play calls, he deserves a chance to run his system with a decent hand.

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
i cant beleive it! u guys are defending tucker ! and throwing the players under the bus.
Where the hell is the accountability.
The guy who started off the injury train was playing like crap before he went down!
Collins, the guy is lucky to be in the league.
Briggs, was sucking too.
WIlliams, sucked and was done the year before couldnt get out of training camp.
Peanut was getting toasted every week! He went through a renessaince the year before. He just got old right not good enough for tucker.

Cant believe u guys are buying the injury cop out for a guy who had one decent ranked defense in like 5 years as a DC. And it wasnt sustained , the d immediately fell back to league bottom the following season. how can u guys back him up?

wait so you are admitting that those players sucked but then turn right around and blame the DC?

Peppers was bad
McClellin = bad
Paea ... did he even play
Wooten bad
Bostic/Greene are rookies who looked like rookies
Brigg injured
Anderson bad
Conte?Wright - terrible
Peanutt often injured
Jennings played the best he could

yet we should blame the DC? i mean besides bostic/Greene you are telling me that in one training camp these guys forgot how to play football and lost all their talent because of tucker? does Tucker have one of those magical basketball from Space Jam that takes talent away from players?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

i think its more due to the poor lack of depth that really hurt tucker. It is true that marinelli was successful with a lot of the same players but how many of those players went down with injuries when he was coaching? the only common linebacker is briggs otherwise marinelli's group of hayes, roach, urlacher(played 3/4 season) vs Tuckers group of bostic, greene, anderson, williams(played 1/4 of season)...which group is better? they are certainly not even.

compare dlines
Marinelli - melton, peppers, izzy, wootton, shea, paea, collins vs tuckers - melton(out week 3), collins(played 4 games), wootton, paea, peppers, shea, cohen, toupou, minter...Again this is a no brainer.

secondary was rellatively the same with exception of tillman going down...

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
The players were horrible, and there were many signs against good teams in 2012 that this defense wouldn't be able to stay at the top of the defensive standings again this season. However, injuries or not, when you are the DC and you place on the field a defense of historically bad proportions; you should be fired.

Even if you wouldn't have been the coach of the defense that allowed 3 straight 4th down conversions. Mel Tucker appears to be who many of us thought he was.