Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I stay by San Francisco. He is my favorite non-Bears player in the league. He wills himself into the endzone and is good for one 50+ touchdown play a game. I would trade what Ditka traded or Ricky Williams to get him on the Bears.

He willed himself into the endzone 6 times as a WR. The guy is good. Go buy his poster and put it on your bedroom wall. 50+ TD every game huh?
I'd love to see it. Like, ever... In the history of the game... Pretty sure no one has ever done that.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
You'll have to give up at least 1 future 1st rounder--which is stupid because the bears are probably picking top 5 next year (and SF has none because of the trade up to get Lance a year ago) along with at least one of the 2nds this year then pay him big money. Lynch and Shanahan hold all the cards and are both on the same page trying to keep him, which isn't going to magically drive his price down unless he sits out for a year.

Deebo Samuel is a heck of a player coming off an all-pro year. But he doesn't magically fix this offense or turn a 3 or 4 win team into a playoff juggernaut, he isn't going to elevate the shittiest offensive line in football last year which still doesn't have a RG or set bodies at either tackle position.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I have zero character concerns about Deebo. It sounds like he does not like how he is asked to play in SF. If I was a WR receiver in the NFL asked to play RB (one of highest and most valued positions to one of the lowest) I would have a problem too.
In my mind, it just adds more value given all that he can do, but when it comes time to sign a contract if half your touches are from the RB position you lose leverage. Plus the wear on tear on a RB body.

I would normally think he ends up staying in SF but given this offseason anything is possible.
What would you realistically give up for him?
I would start with our first 2nd and next year's 2nd and agreeing to big contract if its possible to push most of the money until next year and beyond.
Deebo has that it factor to will you to a win. One of the playoff games this year they needed a TD late and he told Shannahan to just put it in my hands and he took a handoff like 50 yards. He gave them a big play so many times this year when they most needed it.
How do you lose leverage? Everyone here is saying he’s worth giving up the farm for. Teams want to trade for him, knowing the price tag.

He’s lost zero value…

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
It really sounds like Deebo has Da fire and Da passion to "will" the Bears to win!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He isn't signing without a new contract either. $30m-ish per while losing at least a 1 next year and more this year because we don't have that 1 in 2022. Members on this board are always talking about the QB window. We would be closing it with a WR.

This is a win the SB type acquisition. We're not in that position.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He isn't signing without a new contract either. $30m-ish per while losing at least a 1 next year and more this year because we don't have that 1 in 2022. Members on this board are always talking about the QB window. We would be closing it with a WR.

San Fran isn't interested in any 1's "next year". It's all about getting draft picks this year, as they currently do not have any until the near end of the 2nd rnd (#61). For instance, Detroit could offer the #2 overall pick THIS YEAR, plus the #34. How in the fuck are the Bears going to match that? The Giants have #5 and #7, fuck, the Pack has two #1's as well.

The Bears are not even remotely in the sweepstakes, not that they should be anyways.

(and I hope the fuck the Lions don't make that trade, but have seen several articles suggesting it).

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have said several times this year that Deebo is the best non-QB player in the league. Seems too good to be true.
I don’t see him being the same guy away from that unique system.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Nor is he that guy.

Pay him that and regret it. You aren’t finding those rushing TDS away from Shanahan.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
If he is looking for 30 million/season, the numbers are tough to justify for San Francisco much less that salary plus draft capital if you trade for him.

15% of your salary cap for one player? I think you can only do that if you have a QB on a rookie deal.

But you look at 60 million+ tied up in 2 players.., thats a third of your cap and you have 20 other starters to pay. The rest of your team is going to be dogshit.