Demaryius Thomas could be available this offseason

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If they let him go, we need WRs. That's all there is to it. If we don't add 2-3 WRs via FA/draft we're in trouble imo. :D

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
If were commit to overpaying, let’s do it for a number one like Thomas.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Muhsin Muhammad style. I think he was 32 when the Bears picked him up. DT is only 30. It is becomes a possibility, do it.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
If a guy becomes available who is an upgrade from any WR on the roster, it makes sense to at least try??? :shrug:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Might be a good addition. He's going to come cheaper due to his mediocre stats

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Would definitely take him, Wilson, and a rookie with Meredith.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
We could potentially bring in Thomas and Graham while retaining Meredith, Wright, and Inman for ~25 million a year. Throw in Shaheen, Cohen, and White and we have a potentially dominant group of receivers to pair with our elite running back, elite offensive line, and top ten defense.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
We could potentially bring in Thomas and Graham while retaining Meredith, Wright, and Inman for ~25 million a year. Throw in Shaheen, Cohen, and White and we have a potentially dominant group of receivers to pair with our elite running back, elite offensive line, and top ten defense.

You managed to pull this off for 3,900 posts? Props to you.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say do it. He had a couple years of being an absolute beast. If we can even get him at a fraction of that performance on the field, he's instantly better than anyone we've had in the last 10 years.

I can't imagine he'll cost a ton and maybe he'll be able to help in the development of some of our younger receivers.

Liked Posts:
If were commit to overpaying, let’s do it for a number one like Thomas.

Signimg him wouldn't bother me. It's not uncommon for good players at the WR & CB positions to play well into their mid 30's. If he were 32 like Muhammad was thats bit different & Moose wasn't as good of a reciever as Thomas to begin with. Personally I'd like to see the Bears go young at WR & draft both Ridley & draft Simmie Cobbs Jr. who is a big physical target too. But they will also have to sign a WR also. I'd be fine with this as well as exploring other WR options in FA.

Don't the Bears only have one WR under contract next year? I know they don't have many. IMO they are going to have three new WR additions between FA & draft, or no less than two. It's not like the A-typical argument of adressing a weak position of need vs. taking BPA either, when it comes to WRs, they just don't have any.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyone who doesn't think we should go after Thomas if he is cut is losing their mind. A 30 year old Thomas is monumentally better then Bellamy/Wright/Inman. Lets not forget that we started Tre McBride and Tanner Gentry for several games throughout the season.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
As far as I’m concerned Bears WR should be meredith, inman, Wright + 3 others from FA and draft. So ideally we sign 2 FA. Thomas would be a great signing for this team

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Will he be released or traded?

I'd like to restructure his contract if we trade for him.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Will he be released or traded?

I'd like to restructure his contract if we trade for him.

Article just says they shopped him and had no takers and may want to unload him this offseason. Unload to me sounds like cut or trade very cheaply. I don't think that Pace would trade for him.