Demaryius Thomas could be available this offseason

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Having watched DT his whole career here in Denver, hard pass unless he came super cheap for some reason. Looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Well, he'll turn 31 late next season, so it better be a contract that's favorable and lower than top of the market. I really don't love signing anyone at that position over 27 in theory, but we're in an emergency. No to hurting our cap position in 2019 and beyond, but yes if it's a nicely structured, REASONABLE contract.

Overpaying for old FA's isn't a smart thing to do if it's done to squeeze out one more win in years where we will not be competing for rings.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Article just says they shopped him and had no takers and may want to unload him this offseason. Unload to me sounds like cut or trade very cheaply. I don't think that Pace would trade for him.

I’m sure he would love to give another team another conditional 7th they’d never see.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Might be a good addition. He's going to come cheaper due to his mediocre stats

Exactly and that's the thing, I don't think he'd ever even be available in the first place if it wasn't for this weird vegan diet thing and him playing with bad QB's every year now. I am sure some of that is definitely mental at this point.

We have seen it time and time again in the NFL where good receivers get buried by bad QB play and then switch teams and instantly become productive again.

There's no doubt in my mind he'd be refreshed here playing with Trubisky.

Not to mention he would be the perfect 2 year stop gap for the Bears to recover from the Kevin White and Cameron Meredith injuries

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Bring in Thomas and Eifert.

WR:

Demaryius Thomas
1st/2nd round pick
Cameron Meredith
Kendall Wright/Dontrelle Inman
Kevin White
Josh Bellamy

TE:

Tyler Eifert
Adam Shaheen
Dion Sims

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
If he’s cut he’s going to a contending franchise. Hopefully he believes the Bears are a contending franchise.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

WR:

Demaryius Thomas
1st/2nd round pick
Cameron Meredith
Kevin White
Josh Bellamy

TE:

Tyler Eifert
Adam Shaheen
Dion Sims

Eifert and Hiestand have a history together. However does Eifert ever play again?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Demaryius has been in decline the last 2-3 seasons.

He has never had great hands nor does he run great routes. He was elite mostly because of his elite physical intangibles. As he has aged, those have declined and he hasn't adjusted.

Landry is a better option than DT and I don't even want Landry.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
If they let him go, we need WRs. That's all there is to it. If we don't add 2-3 WRs via FA/draft we're in trouble imo. :D

Your avatar is amazing. That one troll sucking off the goat. ?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

WR:

Demaryius Thomas
1st/2nd round pick
Cameron Meredith
Kevin White
Josh Bellamy

TE:

Tyler Eifert
Adam Shaheen
Dion Sims

Not bad, but i would like to see two fa receivers.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Beggars can't be choosers. Get anyone who's better than our current guys----that's damn near the entire league.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Demaryius has been in decline the last 2-3 seasons.

He has never had great hands nor does he run great routes. He was elite mostly because of his elite physical intangibles. As he has aged, those have declined and he hasn't adjusted.

Landry is a better option than DT and I don't even want Landry.
Disagree..........Over the last two years with crap QB's, protected by a crap OL he still managed 90 receptions in 2016, 83 in 2017, with 5 td' per year. Not a #1 anymore but still a very good #2 in this league. With no #1 WR's in free agency it may be best to sign two very solid #2's.