Deng sure missed DRose

BullsZoneJason

Liked Posts:
Although I had my doubts during the offseason its quite apparent to me that Deng is going to benefit the most from Derrick coming back. He looks more confident in his three ball, jumper, and I think most importantly relieved he isn't the so called go to guy anymore. He can now settle into his 2nd-3rd or even 4th option offensively. Not that he was ever perceived by myself or most fans as the go to guy last season, but I still think he may have felt the pressure. Thoughts?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I actually thought he was the go to guy on offense last year. Or at least in a 1a/1b with Boozer. Yes, even with Nate Robinson outscoring him. Teams focused their defenses on shutting down Deng first over the other players...not that it's an extremely trying task for any team with a decent perimeter defender. Deng has plenty of experience being the first option on the British Olympic team...and if that was my experience, I'm not sure if I would like it much either.

Ecript

Liked Posts:
Yeah his 3 pointers yesterday were awesome. #Signhim

BullsZoneJason

Liked Posts:
He is just showing a better all around game early this season. Not sure if its because of Rose or because its a contract year for him. Probably a little of both

MMan

Liked Posts:
I think it also helps that he's probably finally fully healed from that wrist injury. I think he's at his best as that 3rd option offensively, if he can knock down the open 3's on drive and kicks, along with Butler, the Bulls offensive will be tough to stop.

Mr. 247

Liked Posts:
The only reason DENG was ever even close to good was because of BG and ROSE!!! It's TRUE!!!

DENG only made the all star team when he was being SPOON FED by ROSE and he had that one good season against the HEAT and he had BG to carry the load. He's an average role player that's been overrated due to playing with GOOD teammates!

I'm sure having ROSE back will help his stats and scoring, but it still won't be enough becuase he's not a DYNAMIC SCORER, but an OPPURTUNISTIC SCORER!!! And he does nothing in the 4th.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Although I had my doubts during the offseason its quite apparent to me that Deng is going to benefit the most from Derrick coming back. He looks more confident in his three ball, jumper, and I think most importantly relieved he isn't the so called go to guy anymore. He can now settle into his 2nd-3rd or even 4th option offensively. Not that he was ever perceived by myself or most fans as the go to guy last season, but I still think he may have felt the pressure. Thoughts?

Rose makes Deng a much much much better player offensively...thus why I picked Deng to be the surprise Bull this season.

Mr. 247

Liked Posts:
Rose makes Deng a much much much better player offensively...thus why I picked Deng to be the surprise Bull this season.
I AGREE with you. But to be FAIR, ROSE makes EVERYONE a much much much better player OFFENSIVELY!

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
Rose makes everyone around him better. I can't wait for the regular season, imo this is easily the most talented Bulls team since '98.

BullsZoneJason

Liked Posts:
The only reason DENG was ever even close to good was because of BG and ROSE!!! It's TRUE!!!

DENG only made the all star team when he was being SPOON FED by ROSE and he had that one good season against the HEAT and he had BG to carry the load. He's an average role player that's been overrated due to playing with GOOD teammates!

I'm sure having ROSE back will help his stats and scoring, but it still won't be enough becuase he's not a DYNAMIC SCORER, but an OPPURTUNISTIC SCORER!!! And he does nothing in the 4th.

Totally agree with you which is why I did had my doubts. I wasn't sure if he had fallen to much to be picked up yet again by a good/great teammate in Derrick Rose! I am just happy his jumper is falling consistently which had huge questions marks last year.