Dental floss

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Interesting...

I personally use a water pick instead of flossing and my dentist says that it does about the same job of removing plaque/preventing tartar without tearing the fuck out of my gums.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
i use a very soft floss and alternate with a waterpik every other day

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting...

I personally use a water pick instead of flossing and my dentist says that it does about the same job of removing plaque/preventing tartar without tearing the fuck out of my gums.

Didn't even know they still made Water picks.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My dentist told me I had gingivitis at an exam and set up some expensive plan to treat /fix it. He said my flossing was inadequate. Leading up to that appointment I'd been using a floss tool for regular flossing. After that I switched over to just flossing by holding the floss with my fingers. Went back to next appt and the hygienist was shocked asked me what I did because my gums were fine.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I started oil pulling for shits and giggles. It has replaced my flossing and it's just way easier to swish around the mouth for 5 minutes while multi tasking, then spend a minute or two hunting fibers or plaque between teeth.

And I carry a handful of these in my wallet, plus a bottle of mouthwash in my cars arm console.
172045144_Plastic_dental_floss_toothpick_s.jpg

I rarely use the floss on them, just the softer plastic picks to get stuck food out. Seems to work pretty good as a routine.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I started oil pulling for shits and giggles. It has replaced my flossing and it's just way easier to swish around the mouth for 5 minutes while multi tasking, then spend a minute or two hunting fibers or plaque between teeth.

And I carry a handful of these in my wallet, plus a bottle of mouthwash in my cars arm console.

I rarely use the floss on them, just the softer plastic picks to get stuck food out. Seems to work pretty good as a routine.

What is oil pulling?

Edit: nm, I just read about it. Coconut or Sesame Oil?

Last edited:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
What is oil pulling?

Edit: nm, I just read about it. Coconut or Sesame Oil?

I do extra virgin coconut + a few drops of cinnamon oil. Slightly less than a teaspoon a day.

Just FYI, people make some wild claims about oil pulling, and most of it is bunk. What does help is the viscosity of the oil. It's able to get into spots that you miss with floss or a waterpik. Plus it is a good mild facial exercise, which is good if you need to speak a lot at work. Get clean and warmed up in the morning. I'm sure there are a number of ways to do it with varying results. None that I know of will actually whiten teeth or support a lot of the quack out there.