Dentfan's Mega Mock Thread

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
With all of the drama surrounding the Front office and Coaching staff, and, now, apparently, the entire scouting staff’s going to be overhauled, I figured that we needed to do a mock draft before the Senior Bowl and other talent showcase bowls.

Fuck you Ryan Pace. I’m not upset about not having our 1st round pick because that was money well spent on Justin Fields. I am pissed that he pissed away the rest of our picks.

I’m using a combination of the NFL Mock Draft Big Board as my primary determinant of projected draft position and value. I am also very thankful for Windy City’s own Jacob Infante’s pre-Senior Bowl Ranking, which I’m using to double check the value.

Big Poles is building from the line out. He also realized that we need WRs. Finally, we need to retool the D a bit for the transfer to a 4-3, which may be more organic than some think since we have ends and DTs already.

I’m not doing any trades, yet, as this is more an exercise in terms of value per round per pick. Again, Fuck Ryan Pace.

Round 2:

1643641812135.png

Darian Kinnard: OT/G Kentucky

We are going to get mean and ugly up front. The first few games may see us running a Power/RPO scheme where linemen can drive dudes off of the ball. This guy’s a fucking animal. He’s a mean motherfucker who moves people. He may go higher, but, as of now, he’s being valued around where we pick.

I’m thinking that we put Kinnard at the RG, Borrum at RT, and then re-sign Daniels and move his ass back to C. I think he’s grown a lot since his first attempt there and doesn’t have to deal with the clowns in charge and whatever fuck-witted scheme they were trying to get him to run. We will run hat on hat power and plow the fuck out of the dudes in front.

Round 3:

1643641923350.png

Darrian Beavers LB Cincinnati

Most of us would agree that we need an MLB that can be on the field for all 3 downs. We need a guy that can straight up wreck shit. Beavers is a very good athlete who was a safety in HS who just got big. He can come, move Roquan to WSLB, and really help to solidify our D.

Round 5:

1643641938995.png

Dontario Drummond WR Ole Miss

Wait, why did I wait so long to pick a WR? Who is this guy? This is the next in a long line of very successful Ole Miss WRs. Watch as he catches everything with his hands. Look at his size. Look at him move. This guy will probably sky rocket up the chart due to the Senior Bowl, but, for now, he’s considered a round 5 value. He is the man. If we can pick him up and re-sign AR, we would then have a Deebo style, chain moving, sticky-handed WR who will become JF’s best friend on the field.

Round 5:

1643641972086.png

Jayden Peevy DL Texas A&M

The dude’s big, a run stuffer, and has an explosive first step. He needs some time to develop. He can easily work into the rotation on 1st down or 2nd and short to get some seasoning. He’s the kind of pick you put on the bench and slowly work in. He’s good value for the pick.

Round 6:

1643641992888.png

Danny Gray WR/KR SMU

First, this is Danny Gray winning the state championship in track back in HS. I wonder how many of those kids he beat are being drafted with him now or are playing in the NFL. He is fast. Very very fast and plays very fast. He plays to his speed. He has the kind of speed that would give everybody fits. He can return kicks right away, and he’ll always be a threat to hit the end zone in a blur.

This is another dude that will probably skyrocket up the charts after the Senior Bowl, but, for now, Infante and I agree on his projected draft position. Finishing the draft out with him will give us a nice complement to Mooney.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will be pissed if we come out of this draft without:

1 CB
2 WR that's not a project (3rd)

#39, IMO should be BPA between CB/OL/WR in that order and #72 WR/OL

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

1 CB

You're not wrong. The problem I see is that there seems to be a glut of 1st round talent at CB, and then there's a huge drop off. So, looking at value for the 2nd pick, it came down to WR vs. OL. I figured Kinnard was a no-brainer. I just think we win more games with him than any WR that would be there. I can be wrong.

Round 3 may end up being Dontario Drummond, anyway. He is going to blow up at the Senior Bowl. Count on it. So, if we ignore D early, and then get a Troy Andersen in the 5th to play MLB, I'd be okay. I just think Drummond is the guy we should be getting, and he's, as of now, valued at a 5th. Also, I really think Beavers will be a great LB in a couple of years and would love to see what he could do paired with Smith and under Eberflus. Don't forget that Beavers can pash rush, too.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're not wrong. The problem I see is that there seems to be a glut of 1st round talent at CB, and then there's a huge drop off. So, looking at value for the 2nd pick, it came down to WR vs. OL. I figured Kinnard was a no-brainer. I just think we win more games with him than any WR that would be there. I can be wrong.

Round 3 may end up being Dontario Drummond, anyway. He is going to blow up at the Senior Bowl. Count on it. So, if we ignore D early, and then get a Troy Andersen in the 5th to play MLB, I'd be okay. I just think Drummond is the guy we should be getting, and he's, as of now, valued at a 5th. Also, I really think Beavers will be a great LB in a couple of years and would love to see what he could do paired with Smith and under Eberflus. Don't forget that Beavers can pash rush, too.
Agree. There are also some true 3T in the 3rd that could immediately come in and start. There are so many holes on this roster it is going to be tough to cover them all. They really need an impact safety, lb, DL. with 5 picks lol.. hopefully we get some value in free agency.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Agree. There are also some true 3T in the 3rd that could immediately come in and start. There are so many holes on this roster it is going to be tough to cover them all. They really need an impact safety, lb, DL. with 5 picks lol.. hopefully we get some value in free agency.
It's like, I really really liked Derrion Kendrick in the 2nd, but, after the CFC game, no fucking way. He almost lost them the game twice! I knew he was a headcase, but, talent-wise, he was the only CB I'd even consider over Kinnard.

Then you look at 3rd Round CB's and compare them to any position available then, and it's not even close.

In the fifth, I was looking hard at the CB from Penn State, big guy, fluid, but can't get his back around to body to the ball or turn his head well. I'd rather have a big guy on the line with an explosive first step who may be the Tommy Harris role. I'm not saying that Peevy will be Harris, but looking at CBs that are available when we pick is really really underwhelming. We are going to have to scrape the FA market there. I just don't see how we get value in the draft due to Fucking Pace.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
It's like, I really really liked Derrion Kendrick in the 2nd, but, after the CFC game, no fucking way. He almost lost them the game twice! I knew he was a headcase, but, talent-wise, he was the only CB I'd even consider over Kinnard.

Then you look at 3rd Round CB's and compare them to any position available then, and it's not even close.

In the fifth, I was looking hard at the CB from Penn State, big guy, fluid, but can't get his back around to body to the ball or turn his head well. I'd rather have a big guy on the line with an explosive first step who may be the Tommy Harris role. I'm not saying that Peevy will be Harris, but looking at CBs that are available when we pick is really really underwhelming. We are going to have to scrape the FA market there. I just don't see how we get value in the draft due to Fucking Pace.
As far as value in the draft, while Poles was in KC in 2019,2020, and 2021 The Chiefs found nine starters while not having first round picks in two of those years. All this while picking at the bottom of the draft. So, there is some hope Bears can get two NFL starting caliber players in this year's draft.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I’m thinking that we put Kinnard at the RG, Borrum at RT, and then re-sign Daniels and move his ass back to C. I think he’s grown a lot since his first attempt there and doesn’t have to deal with the clowns in charge and whatever fuck-witted scheme they were trying to get him to run. We will run hat on hat power and plow the fuck out of the dudes in front.
daniels is not going to take a discount to come back...bears will have to pay market value for him and then try him out at center...he was not even an above average starter at RG....not sure thats a risk poles wants to take unless someone like callahan who is rumored to be coming to chicago is all in on daniels...

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Would be very happy with the first three picks. Beavers value seems right unless he blows up at the combine. Kinnard and Drummonms draft stock seems harder to pin down. Both guys could go sooner.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Sticking with the whole foundation first concept it's safe to say OL will be the first pick in the draft.

Should be some good skill players WR and CB in FA they can get.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

So post press conference OL/DL with 39/72?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

1 CB

I would scratch db off the list if we are going cover who. I think our first pick has to be a dt. Of course this can change depending on Fa. Prob should move safety up the list as well

napo55

Liked Posts:
Order should be--WR and then either CB or OL/C
Agree that WR is no.1 priority. Anybody notice that the two superbowl teams, along with great QBs, have outstanding WRs? To progress, Fields needs some targets. Also, good interior linemen are always available in later rounds.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Would be very happy with the first three picks. Beavers value seems right unless he blows up at the combine. Kinnard and Drummonms draft stock seems harder to pin down. Both guys could go sooner.
Yeah. I really see Beavers skyrocketing after the combine, much like Edmunds did. He is huge, can pass rush, and is a natural in coverage. He was a really good highly recruited blue chip safety who got huge and kept the skills. I see him being used as a defensive weapon that roams in the center of the 4-3 and, maybe, sometimes lines up Strong side and rushes off of Quinns or Mack's ass right into the QB.

Kinnard may go in the 1st, but he is on so many Big Boards right where we pick, so, until his value changes, I'm going to pick him up like I found a twenty on the sidewalk.

I can tell you've seen Drummond's tape. Yeah, he may very well be our 3rd, maybe even 2nd round pick. I think he has a lot more than people think to do with getting his QB in the conversation as a 1st round pick. He may not test that straight line speed and people may balk that he's an older JUCO transfer, but man can this kid ball! He is exactly who I want on this team.

I really tried to be as objective as possible with the value and then tried to play position vs team need value. That's why I went with an LB in the 3rd. I just saw that as a bigger need, especially in light of the rumored move to a 4-3. Plus, we do have DEs and Dts as a bigger team strength than LBer right now.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I was in and out of the room during the press conference, did he confirm a move to the 43?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was in and out of the room during the press conference, did he confirm a move to the 43?
Not in so many words, but did say he would adapt to his players he has. I think ideally he'd like players to fit that tampa 2 defense though., which I am fine with.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
daniels is not going to take a discount to come back...bears will have to pay market value for him and then try him out at center...he was not even an above average starter at RG....not sure thats a risk poles wants to take unless someone like callahan who is rumored to be coming to chicago is all in on daniels...

Daniels is well above average starter. He actually had a really good year. And he's still young, just 24. He'd be high on my list of guys the Bears should re-sign.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
For what it’s worth, Harrison Graham reported that they confirmed it would be a 4–3 in today’s presser. I didn’t get a chance to watch the whole thing, so I can’t confirm.

Last edited: