Derek Carr: It’s hard to watch Khalil Mack go out and strip-sack everybody

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
If Raiders fans are as optimistic as fans here, the perspective will be that ALL four picks are future HOFers before they even play a snap.

There’s a post in a thread about how the Bears got fleeced that pretty much says exactly that. Basically we traded Mack for 4 pro bowlers.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Raiders fans will be fine and forget this when they have four 1st round picks in two years, and they already have their QB. Pretty easy to get excited about.

Carr blows

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Raiders fans are as optimistic as fans here, the perspective will be that ALL four picks are future HOFers before they even play a snap.

Reality is that Mack is on the path to the hall of fame but hey lets look a Gruden's first round picks over the years

98- Charles Woodson. Oakland makes the obvious choice picking up the heisman winner. Woodson wins rookie of the year, then bolts to Green Bay where he had the better career but hey technically Oakland drafted him

99-Matt Stinchcomb. Missed his whole rookie year and at least followed Gruden's lead to Tampa where he did nothing

00-Sebastian Janikowski. Hall of famer to be sure. Hope they have the same idea using our pick.

01-Derrick Gibson. I wont pretend to know who this is.

Gruden then gets traded to Tampa where he wins with Dungy's team in place

02- Bucs didnt have a first but their first draft pick was Marquise Walker.

03- Still no first round but their first pick was Dewayne White. Again no clue who this is

04- Bucs finally get their pick back and Gruden picks up sure hall of famer Michael Clayton. Great rookie season and thats it

05-Cadillac Williams. Yep I remember him

06-Davin Joseph. Pro bowl player.........as soon as gruden left

07-Gaines Adams. Hmmmm why does this name ring a bell?

08-Aqib Talib. YES another pro bowl player as soon as he left Tampa.

Okay so basically what we need to worry about is whoever the Raiders gm was back in Gruden's first HC stint or him drafting players who will become good once they get away from him.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Meanwhile Gruden out there telling folks its hard to find a good pass rusher

Where is a Tony Dungy built team when you need one?

I have never cared for the Tony Dungy built team argument. I may feel differently if it wasn't a Gruden built team that he played in the Super Bowl. People always seem to leave out the fact that he played the Raiders in the Super Bowl. If anything it's a testament to Gruden that he was able to get the team over the hump when Dungy couldn't. Dungy by the way is the most overrated coach of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bugg

Liked Posts:
“It’s hard to watch him go out and strip-sack everybody,” Carr said. “He has done that so many times here, and it hurts your heart to see it, but at the same time, it doesn’t hurt anymore. I’m happy for him.
[video=youtube;g0olJFaTY-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0olJFaTY-8[/video]

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have never cared for the Tony Dungy built team argument. I may feel differently if it wasn't a Gruden built team that he played in the Super Bowl. People always seem to leave out the fact that he played the Raiders in the Super Bowl. If anything it's a testament to Gruden that he was able to get the team over the hump when Dungy couldn't. Dungy by the way is the most overrated coach of all time.

Well, lets also remember he had the Oakland Raider playbook in his back pocket when he coached Tampa Bay in the Superbowl. Anyone that watched that game knew the Bucs knew Oakland's plays better than the Raiders did.

Now as for being a head coach, Gruden is a good coach. Great? That is debatable. He has won one Superbowl, a notable achievement and took the Raiders to the AFC Championship twice, also notable but that makes him good, not great. His personality is what most people recognize him for. He is like Mike Ditka to me, interesting, above average but not in the same league as the greats of the game. He is no Walsh, Bellichick, or Shula.

I understand he is trying to tear the Raiders down and remake them in his image. To do that requires money and having Mack's contract would impede that. At the same time, you don't get too many guys on your team that not only single handily improves your defense but makes other players on that defense better. The Raiders may be fine in three years after they build up their team but by then Carr might be on his way out and you still have to try to build. Mack will still be around, and short of injury, will still be in his prime.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Posted mostly for the funny title:

For Raiders quarterback Derek Carr, seeing his old friend and teammate Khalil Mack succeed somewhere else is bittersweet.

Carr told Scott Bair of NBCSports.com that he’s happy for Mack that he’s doing well with the Bears, but it’s difficult to see the two great games Mack has played so far this season and wish Mack could still be doing it in Oakland.

“It’s hard to watch him go out and strip-sack everybody,” Carr said. “He has done that so many times here, and it hurts your heart to see it, but at the same time, it doesn’t hurt anymore. I’m happy for him. If you’re a Raider fan, it’s hard to see him do that. But just be happy for the guy. He has strained his tail off to get to where he’s at. The fact he’s making plays for someone else, we don’t like it, but we can be happy for him because we all love him to death.”

Raiders coach Jon Gruden traded Mack because he wants to build for the future, but Carr said losing is tough to take in the present.

“We’re sitting there 0-2 and you feel sick,” Carr said.

Perhaps the Bears’ first-round draft picks the next two years can help Carr feel better about the direction of the franchise. At the moment, however, he’s wondering what could have been if the Raiders had been able to make it work with Mack.

"it hurts your heart to see it, but at the same time, it doesn’t hurt anymore."

Yeah, those players aren't pissed at all.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I think a shit ton of people saw Gruden's signing as a train wreck but holy shit. Even I didn't think he would railroad the Raiders that hard and that fast. I don't know if that team will even respect him by the end of the season.

I don't think the team respects him now.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Well, lets also remember he had the Oakland Raider playbook in his back pocket when he coached Tampa Bay in the Superbowl. Anyone that watched that game knew the Bucs knew Oakland's plays better than the Raiders did.

Now as for being a head coach, Gruden is a good coach. Great? That is debatable. He has won one Superbowl, a notable achievement and took the Raiders to the AFC Championship twice, also notable but that makes him good, not great. His personality is what most people recognize him for. He is like Mike Ditka to me, interesting, above average but not in the same league as the greats of the game. He is no Walsh, Bellichick, or Shula.

I understand he is trying to tear the Raiders down and remake them in his image. To do that requires money and having Mack's contract would impede that. At the same time, you don't get too many guys on your team that not only single handily improves your defense but makes other players on that defense better. The Raiders may be fine in three years after they build up their team but by then Carr might be on his way out and you still have to try to build. Mack will still be around, and short of injury, will still be in his prime.

Just to clarify, I agree with you. I don't believe Gruden is a great coach. A good coach yes, great no. It's just bothers me when people don't give him credit for building the raiders team that made it to the superbowl

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Posted mostly for the funny title:

For Raiders quarterback Derek Carr, seeing his old friend and teammate Khalil Mack succeed somewhere else is bittersweet.

Carr told Scott Bair of NBCSports.com that he’s happy for Mack that he’s doing well with the Bears, but it’s difficult to see the two great games Mack has played so far this season and wish Mack could still be doing it in Oakland.

“It’s hard to watch him go out and strip-sack everybody,” Carr said. “He has done that so many times here, and it hurts your heart to see it, but at the same time, it doesn’t hurt anymore. I’m happy for him. If you’re a Raider fan, it’s hard to see him do that. But just be happy for the guy. He has strained his tail off to get to where he’s at. The fact he’s making plays for someone else, we don’t like it, but we can be happy for him because we all love him to death.”

Raiders coach Jon Gruden traded Mack because he wants to build for the future, but Carr said losing is tough to take in the present.

“We’re sitting there 0-2 and you feel sick,” Carr said.

Perhaps the Bears’ first-round draft picks the next two years can help Carr feel better about the direction of the franchise. At the moment, however, he’s wondering what could have been if the Raiders had been able to make it work with Mack.

Carr is going to need Mack to get back to strip sacking if he is going to have any real success behind center as a bear...