Derrick Rose Interview

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 12m
As previously stated, Thibodeau rules Rose out for season. "We want him to be completely healthy."

bdxcZwt.gif

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Ive heard this before.
1) Won't rule himself out for playoffs
2) Will come back just as good as before
3) Won't change the way he plays
4) Won't recruit anyone, will play with anyone

I think Derrick is sugarcoating his situation and i know he has at least a tad bit of doubt.
The way he plays when he comes back is an unknown and no matter what he said in the interview, its also an unknown to him.
I do however appreciate his positive outlook, as it could boost his teammates spirits, and his own..........

The wise thing for the F.O to do at this point is to just carry on and do the necasary roster adjustments as if Rose ISNT going to be back to his old self...
That way the franchise can be prepared for a very possible disapointment, regardless what Rose is saying right now.............

It does piss me off that Rose is still too stubborn and cocky to recruit.........That in itself is his downfall, especially if winning titles is all hes caring about like he claims........He needs to wake the Hell up and realize he aint winning jackshit by himself........
EVEN LEBRON AND JORDAN COULDNT WIN TITLES BY THERESELF...
Rose isnt even on Jordan and Lebrons caliber, so he needs to stop being so damned vain...The NBA isnt his own personal Vanity Fair......
DERRICK NOT RECRUITING IS NOT HEALTHY FOR THIS ORGINIZATIONS FUTURE....OR HIS KNEES.....

Last edited:

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I don't see what the problem is with him saying that he could be back. What do you expect him to say? "There's no chance I come back this season and I'm not gonna be the same player I was before" what good does that do for him? Of course he's going to say that he could make a fast recovery and that he'll be the same player. It's like the FO saying that they're not going to tank. You can't just throw yourself under the bus like that from a professional standpoint.

One would reasonably expect Rose to differ to his doctors and Thibs as to when he'll be back, instead of giving fans false hope and unreasonable expectations. We've all been down this road before, so for him to say that bs is just stupid. The way Rose plays the game, it would be pointless to try and come back this season anyway. The season is shot.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
One would reasonably expect Rose to differ to his doctors and Thibs as to when he'll be back, instead of giving fans false hope and unreasonable expectations. We've all been down this road before, so for him to say that bs is just stupid. The way Rose plays the game, it would be pointless to try and come back this season anyway. The season is shot.
Honest question, Chi.

If Rose would have stated that he wasn't playing in the playoffs under any circumstances, would you have accepted that answer?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Honest question, Chi.

If Rose would have stated that he wasn't playing in the playoffs under any circumstances, would you have accepted that answer?

Nah, saying that would be insincere. There are circumstances where he could potentially come back before the season's over. Is it likely? Hell no.

Look, given what he's been through the last few seasons, the only honest answer is either 1)"I just don't know when I'll be back," or 2)"We'll just have to wait and see how the knee heels up." Obviously if the Bulls make the playoffs, there will be talk about Rose. If you think Thibs and PAXGAR plan on bringing Rose back for a first roun playoff series against Indiana or Miami, you're out of your mind.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We know that the season is a "lost cause" now, but from Rose's perspective, wouldn't you want to get back on the court as fast as you could? No player likes sitting out. Perhaps the "right" answer would be to say that he doesn't know when he'll be back in order to appease all the fans that want to blow the team up and rebuild everything from scratch, but any level headed fan wouldn't expect Rose to come back come playoff time anyway. So yeah, perhaps Rose is "stupid" for wanting to come back this season, but again, what do you expect?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
We know that the season is a "lost cause" now, but from Rose's perspective, wouldn't you want to get back on the court as fast as you could? No player likes sitting out. Perhaps the "right" answer would be to say that he doesn't know when he'll be back in order to appease all the fans that want to blow the team up and rebuild everything from scratch, but any level headed fan wouldn't expect Rose to come back come playoff time anyway. So yeah, perhaps Rose is "stupid" for wanting to come back this season, but again, what do you expect?

After blowing out two knees in two seasons, I think a little more prudence is warranted on his part. Instead of telling the media what he thinks people want to hear, he should just tell them the truth. Only time will tell when he's ready to resume his career, and the decision will be made by his doctors and the coaching staff. Next subject.

I don't know about you, but most fans were quite annoyed with Rose's coy behavior during the playoffs earlier this year. He pretty much lied about having any intention of coming back, even though his doctors cleared him to do so. Meanwhile, a healthy Rose is hangin out chillin with his brother in a luxury box at the game while the Bulls are playing shorthanded and exhausted. This kind of behavior makes me question his credibility and sincerity. This has been a trend going back to his high school days.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
After blowing out two knees in two seasons, I think a little more prudence is warranted on his part. Instead of telling the media what he thinks people want to hear, he should just tell them the truth. Only time will tell when he's ready to resume his career, and the decision will be made by his doctors and the coaching staff. Next subject.
Isn't that what he essentially said...the truth?

I don't know about you, but most fans were quite annoyed with Rose's coy behavior during the playoffs earlier this year. He pretty much lied about having any intention of coming back, even though his doctors cleared him to do so.
The moment that he tore his ACL against Philly, I never expected him back last season. I also didn't understand why some were angry with him for not returning to last season's playoffs. Gar Foreman has basically admitted that the FO made moves that off-season knowing that he wasn't returning. He stated that they signed Nate & Marco to replace Rose last season....not as an addition for a title run last season. The moves (non-moves) made that off-season showed us that a championship was not in their plans last season. It's in the thread link below:

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/42589-Interview-with-Gar-Forman

We weren't beating Miami with or without a rusty D-Rose last season. Did you see how he looked at the beginning of this season trying to get adjusted to regular season speed?......Just imagine him coming back last season trying to keep up with playoff speed.

Meanwhile, a healthy Rose is hangin out chillin with his brother in a luxury box at the game while the Bulls are playing shorthanded and exhausted.
So what...He attended the game to watch his teammates. I have a feeling that you would be critical of him if he stayed at home instead.

This kind of behavior makes me question his credibility and sincerity. This has been a trend going back to his high school days.
Are we now expecting high school kids to act like mature adults?......BTW, what "trend" are you talking about?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Isn't that what he essentially said...the truth?

The moment that he tore his ACL against Philly, I never expected him back last season. I also didn't understand why some were angry with him for not returning to last season's playoffs. Gar Foreman has basically admitted that the FO made moves that off-season knowing that he wasn't returning. He stated that they signed Nate & Marco to replace Rose last season....not as an addition for a title run last season. The moves (non-moves) made that off-season showed us that a championship was not in their plans last season. It's in the thread link below:

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/42589-Interview-with-Gar-Forman

We weren't beating Miami with or without a rusty D-Rose last season. Did you see how he looked at the beginning of this season trying to get adjusted to regular season speed?......Just imagine him coming back last season trying to keep up with playoff speed.

So what...He attended the game to watch his teammates. I have a feeling that you would be critical of him if he stayed at home instead.

Are we now expecting high school kids to act like mature adults?......BTW, what "trend" are you talking about?

Nah man, most sensible Bulls fans weren't upset that Rose didn't come back for the playoffs. They were upset because he kept saying over and over again that he might come back. He was medically cleared, but kept saying he wasn't confident yet or some bullshit, yet insisted he might still come back throughout both series against the Nets and Heat. Shit wasn't adding up, bruh. Now he's doing the same thing, accept this time nobody's buying into it because he has no credibility. I love the hell out of Rose, but I have lost a little respect for him. I don't respect people who just tell people whatever they think people want to hear. All his issues in the past with fake SAT scores and falsified grades are starting to look a little different now, in hindsight. Any way, Rose should just quietly sit out the season. His health and career are in jeopardy and the Bulls have nothing to play for.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Nah man, most sensible Bulls fans weren't upset that Rose didn't come back for the playoffs. They were upset because he kept saying over and over again that he might come back.
The underlined emboldened word is KEY. He nor the FO ever said that he was definitely coming back. Anyone that got upset can only blame themselves for not understanding the difference between "possible" & "definite".

He was medically cleared, but kept saying he wasn't confident yet or some bullshit, yet insisted he might still come back throughout both series against the Nets and Heat. Shit wasn't adding up, bruh.
Again with that same word.

JR, GarPax, Thibs, & all of his teammates were just fine with his decision.

Now he's doing the same thing, accept this time nobody's buying into it because he has no credibility.
No, he's not doing the same thing.

I love the hell out of Rose, but I have lost a little respect for him. I don't respect people who just tell people whatever they think people want to hear.
That's what you took from his press conference?

All his issues in the past with fake SAT scores and falsified grades are starting to look a little different now, in hindsight.
There are players from pro sports leagues that have DUIs, drug abuse issues, domestic violence issues, gun charges, murder charges/convictions..........and you want to focus on SAT scores?...Seriously?

How many pro athletes through the history of pro sports received "wink wink" grades & scores throughout high school & college?....Dude, it's been happening since the beginning of time.

Any way, Rose should just quietly sit out the season. His health and career are in jeopardy and the Bulls have nothing to play for.
I agree, but unfortunately the NBA rules mandate that all injured players have to speak to the media throughout the course of the season.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
The underlined emboldened word is KEY. He nor the FO ever said that he was definitely coming back. Anyone that got upset can only blame themselves for not understanding the difference between "possible" & "definite".

Again with that same word.

JR, GarPax, Thibs, & all of his teammates were just fine with his decision.

No, he's not doing the same thing.

That's what you took from his press conference?

There are players from pro sports leagues that have DUIs, drug abuse issues, domestic violence issues, gun charges, murder charges/convictions..........and you want to focus on SAT scores?...Seriously?

How many pro athletes through the history of pro sports received "wink wink" grades & scores throughout high school & college?....Dude, it's been happening since the beginning of time.

I agree, but unfortunately the NBA rules mandate that all injured players have to speak to the media throughout the course of the season.

Why is this so difficult a concept for you to understand. Rose CLEARLY had no intention of coming back, and if you think otherwise you're a fool. And as it turned out, HE WAS NEVER READY TO COME BACK, not even now. Played like dogshit, fucked his knee up again. Like I said before, he should just keep quiet and focus on his health, not the fans or the media. Personally, I think Rose is done as an elite player. It's time to accept the fact we will never see MVP Rose again. Life is not a fucking fairy tale.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Why is this so difficult a concept for you to understand. Rose CLEARLY had no intention of coming back, and if you think otherwise you're a fool. And as it turned out, HE WAS NEVER READY TO COME BACK, not even now.
I fully "understood" that he wasn't coming back, which is why I stated in an earlier post that "the moment that he tore his ACL against Philly, I never expected him back last season".

JR, GarPax, Thibs, & his teammates also "understood" that he was not coming back last season. They, nor Derrick, ever used the word definite. They, like Derrick, were hopeful that he could possibly return.

Considering that you're the one pissed off at Rose, it seems that you're the one that doesn't "understand". There's a difference between the word possible & the word definite, but you seem to be having a difficult time comprehending the differences between those words.

Played like dogshit
He would've looked even worse if he attempted to play in last season's playoffs.

fucked his knee up again.
Not the same knee.

Like I said before, he should just keep quiet and focus on his health, not the fans or the media.
I would also love for this to happen, but NBA rules prohibit this from happening.

Personally, I think Rose is done as an elite player.
I somewhat agree, but I believe that he falls to the next tier of superstar players. He will still be elite, but not on a Lebron or Durant level.

It's time to accept the fact we will never see MVP Rose again.
It's not a fact, but we share this OPINION.