derrick rose needs to learn how to play defense.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully you watched Lebron tonight. It was Rose's job to get others involved. Rose didn't work hard enough to get others involved in this game. His assist to turnover ratio was horrible. He forced way too much. The way he played today, he was trying to make a statement on Christmas day and he failed. It was not a good look for him.

The rest of what you said is pretty stupid, Rose is not beyond criticism, especially after that performance...
Never said he was beyond criticism, but you guys are going way overboard with it.

And to say he wasn't getting people involved, he was passing the ball all over the place, people would taking dribbles and getting in spots where they couldn't shoot, when Derrick set them up where all they had to do was shoot the ball.

Bogans, Deng, korver, hell even Watson and Boozer did that in this game, and the shots they did take? Most of them bricked. We wouldn't be having this conversation had they just converted the open shots Derrick got them.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
How about the guys you named not named Rose need to step up.

You named everything I would say, but then said Rose needs to step up when he had a near triple double.

Did he make some mistakes? Of course he did. But damn, let's not dump this all on his feet when everyone else had an share in this loss.

Did you look at the statsheet or the game? His stats may be deceiving you. He did not play well. He gets lots of credit, just look around this forum...he can take some of the blame too. It only makes sense.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully you watched Lebron tonight. It was Rose's job to get others involved. Rose didn't work hard enough to get others involved in this game. His assist to turnover ratio was horrible. He forced way too much. The way he played today, he was trying to make a statement on Christmas day and he failed. It was not a good look for him.

The rest of what you said is pretty stupid, Rose is not beyond criticism, especially after that performance...

Co-signed

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you look at the statsheet or the game? His stats may be deceiving you. He did not play well. He gets lots of credit, just look around this forum...he can take some of the blame too. It only makes sense.
I watched the game and Rose didn't play like his normal self today. I will give you that. But he still was trying to get guys involved and guys took themselves out of wide open shots.

Derrick DID try to force the action, true, but come on, the man was robbing guys on outlet passes, saving fast breaks with steals, grabbing boards, and getting guys shots.

He can take some of the blame, no denying that, but blame has to go to the other guys too. Korver couldn't hit the broad side of the barn, Bogans sucked as usual, Boozer was getting going, but his defense wasn't there half the time. Watson was absent, so was Deng. Thomas was a foul machine and Taj looked lost out there.

But, let's ignore all of that and dump it all on Rose, because he had a 7 TO's.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched the game and Rose didn't play like his normal self today. I will give you that. But he still was trying to get guys involved and guys took themselves out of wide open shots.

Derrick DID try to force the action, true, but come on, the man was robbing guys on outlet passes, saving fast breaks with steals, grabbing boards, and getting guys shots.

He can take some of the blame, no denying that, but blame has to go to the other guys too. Korver couldn't hit the broad side of the barn, Bogans sucked as usual, Boozer was getting going, but his defense wasn't there half the time. Watson was absent, so was Deng. Thomas was a foul machine and Taj looked lost out there.

But, let's ignore all of that and dump it all on Rose, because he had a 7 TO's.

You do realize that Rose was the one responsible for them struggling today, right? He was forcing the tempo and gambling a lot on defense. Instead of being calm and patient on offense, he wanted to take it to the rim every time or just force the "one and done" pass.

The Bulls' halfcourt offense sucked today because there WAS no half-court set. Rose was the floor generally, and he didn't allow anybody to get set.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I have been frustrated with Rose's ball handling a lot over the last few games. Today was over the top. I don't think anyone on the forum said it was all his fault. But this time, he gets a lion share of the blame because he didn't do a good job of being a point guard today. Plain and simple. I am not even bitching about his defense. I am talking about the fact that he took a very selfish approach out on the floor today, and it wasn't necessary.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just don't see it that way.

He gets some of the blame, but his teammates are getting a pass for not showing up and putting him in a position where he had to go 1 on 5.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just don't see it that way.

He gets some of the blame, but his teammates are getting a pass for not showing up and putting him in a position where he had to go 1 on 5.

Well, I disagree. I say Rose didn't give 3 out of 4 teammates a chance on any given possession.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I disagree. I say Rose didn't give 3 out of 4 teammates a chance on any given possession.
Then you're just piling on.

You guys are starting to sound like his haters, nitpicking everything and expecting him to be perfect night in and night out. He's allowed his mistakes, that's how we grow as people and professionals.

Hopefully he will learn from tonight's game and be ready for the next one.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Amar'e is a bitch. Blake Griffin ability with a Vlade Divac mindset. Finish around the rim, flop the rest of the time...and talk a lot of shit. What a tool.

That being said, Bulls didn't deserve to win today.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then you're just piling on.

You guys are starting to sound like his haters, nitpicking everything and expecting him to be perfect night in and night out. He's allowed his mistakes, that's how we grow as people and professionals.

Hopefully he will learn from tonight's game and be ready for the next one.

Well excuse me for not trying to spin f'ing up a game as a good thing.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I'll give you that what we're asking is a tall drink of water. Ball handlers in the nba, especially the pg position, are going to be difficult to stay in front of. we're asking a lot of rose to step it up on the defensive end, but it's our only option. You can't ask thomas to grow youngers, we can't ask asik to quit being a rookie, and you can't ask boozer to stop being inept on the defensive end.

I didn't get to see the Knicks game, but at least if Felton beat him he was being beaten by a guy who is a legit fast player. I'm more upset when he can't stay in front of guys like Kirk Hinrich and Baron Davis. There's really no reason a guy with Rose's athleticism should be blown past by those guys.

I get that Rose wants to save it for the offensive end but I just don't see how a point guard can rest on defense. The Kobes and LeBrons in the wing position have that luxury because chances are there will be plays where their man isn't involved, but if Rose decides to sleepwalk for a bit they can go at him every time down the floor. If Rose needs rest you have to cut his minutes, live with Watson for a bit longer, which should be possible so long as you play him with Boozer. Because resting on one end of the court doesn't cut it.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
WAAAAHHHHHH people are placing blame on Rose for a Bulls loss WAAAHHHHHH

sicko

Liked Posts:
his defense need work that is VERY TRUE! but I don't think it is all that bad, the effort is their but TEAM DEFENSE is the KEY, some times the Bulls Rotation is so BAD, hopefully by the playoffs the Rotation will be much better but sometimes the Rotation from the Big Men and Deng is very slow or late

Rose will never be a shut down defender and he doesn't have to be especially in Tom's style of defense, this team will just have to build chemistry defensively and work on the rotation

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
no i agree that rose's defense will never have to be immaculate, but the guy can't beat off the dribble by baron davis. especially while noah is out, rose will have to try his ass off on defense.

boozer and thomas just aren't cut from the same cloth as noah on defense