Derrick Rose off crutches, ready to travel

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/10286942/derrick-rose-crutches-travel-chicago-bulls-soon

CHICAGO -- Derrick Rose is off crutches and is expected to resume traveling with the Bulls in a few weeks as he continues to recover from a torn medial meniscus in his right knee.

"He's coming along fine," coach Tom Thibodeau said after Monday's shootaround. "He's off the crutches. He's doing more and more but he still has a long way to go. But he'll probably start traveling in the next couple weeks. He's doing great."

Rose has been spotted both in the Berto Center and the United Center in recent weeks while receiving treatment. He appears to be in good spirits as he continues his second straight year of rehab.

He did not play at all last season as he recovered from a torn ACL in his left knee suffered in the Bulls' first playoff game in 2012.

Despite Rose's injury problems and the recent trade of All-Star forward Luol Deng to the Cleveland Cavaliers, Thibodeau is still confident that Bulls management, led by owner Jerry Reinsdorf, is committed to building a championship contender.

"Look, Jerry's owned the team a long time," Thibodeau said. "Not many people own two major sports franchises. So I think he has a very good understanding of winning and losing and what goes into it. There's a lot of tough decisions that have to be made. I don't think he ever shies away from that. And he's treated me great so that's all I can go by."

Bulls guard Jimmy Butler missed Saturday's game against the Charlotte Bobcats because of a thigh bruise but is expected to play Monday night against the Washington Wizards.

"He went through the whole shootaround," Thibodeau said. "Feels a lot better, ready to go."

Too bad he isn't playing this year. God almighty, I just hope he's healthy enough for a full season next year.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Isn't this enough to feed the media into thinking he's coming back for the playoffs when the Bulls eventually make the playoffs?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Isn't this enough to feed the media into thinking he's coming back for the playoffs when the Bulls eventually make the playoffs?

No. I'm sure that'll start when he begins to practice lightly in 2 months or so.

Liked Posts:
At least one member of our opening night backcourt is returning tonight

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
At what point will he be back on crutches?

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Whooop dee doo. Derrick Rose is off crutches. Honestly who gives a shit anymore? I'm sure his dumb ass spotlight-hogging brother will leak a story any day now about how much the Front Office sucks.

Derrick Rose had one truly great year in the NBA. That's it. When it's all said and done, Derrick will go down in sports history as another player who didn't come remotely close to reaching his potential. The baggage that comes along with him and his team far out-weights what he actually does for a franchise.

It looked so promising in 2011 but it's become a nightmare.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
DJMoore with a insightful post

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He does have a point though...DRose had not yet peaked when he won MVP. If he hadn't been injured the past 3 years who knows what we'd be watching right now? Who knows anything really...:dunno:

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
He does have a point though...DRose had not yet peaked when he won MVP. If he hadn't been injured the past 3 years who knows what we'd be watching right now? Who knows anything really...:dunno:

The Heat beat the Bulls 4-1 in the ECF that year, so it would have been more of the same if Rose hadn't been injured.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Heat beat the Bulls 4-1 in the ECF that year, so it would have been more of the same if Rose hadn't been injured.
It's possible, and the most likely case, but we'll never know. Maybe Rose would've grown the balls to beat Lebron in a 1 on 1 situation in the clutch...he had already made a ton of clutch shots that season. The Heat also beat us 4-1 last year without DRose, Hinrich, and Deng. Maybe if a healthy DRose that was better than the 2011 Rose was on that team, it's at least a 7 game series? There was actual secondary shot creating ability on that team to compliment Rose with and who knows how that could've factored in. Point is, we'll never know. It's very likely that we'd still be pissed off at everything.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes

Yeah but lets be hypothetical about this. Other than the first game where we blew the doors off Miami, the rest of the games were within a few points at the end not including the just out of reach trash buckets. The next year we dumped Bogans for a much more effective Hamilton. Now you gotta admit, a healthy Hamilton is>>>>Bogans. If Rose and Hamilton stayed it may have been a different story and not "more of the same". But notice my bold part, we will never know.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
2012 would have been interesting if Derrick and Rip would have stayed healthy. Historically, Rip used to bother the crap out of D-Wade. I still think Miami would have knocked us off - but it would have been close. The series would have gone 7 games. History shows that the team with the best player usually wins in a playoff series and Lebron is the best.

But 2012 would have been more entertaining - that's for sure.

Liked Posts:
2012 would have been interesting if Derrick and Rip would have stayed healthy. Historically, Rip used to bother the crap out of D-Wade. I still think Miami would have knocked us off - but it would have been close. The series would have gone 7 games. History shows that the team with the best player usually wins in a playoff series and Lebron is the best.

But 2012 would have been more entertaining - that's for sure.

[video=youtube;NlTIFCPxqgw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlTIFCPxqgw[/video]

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Derrick Rose will have his own, very successful line of crutches someday. D Crutches, new nickname?

But on a serious note, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Derrick Rose still has 5-6 good seasons in him. The Bulls just can't rely on him being the bullheaded, carry the team on his back every night kind of guy. The misfortune in Chicago is mind blowing.

Liked Posts:
If anyone can return to form after those type of injuries, it's Rose. However, he needs another high caliber player he can defer to so he'll be healthier and more successful in the playoffs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Historically, Rip used to bother the crap out of D-Wade.

and i think thats why we lost game 5 last year....Rip checked in and then Wade went off after being quiet the whole series....the mere sight of Rip pissed him off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlTIFCPxqgw

lol i remember that

i was mad nobody got at wade for doing that

Liked Posts:
and i think thats why we lost game 5 last year....Rip checked in and then Wade went off after being quiet the whole series....the mere sight of Rip pissed him off

lol i remember that

i was mad nobody got at wade for doing that

Yea I think they wanted to play like the soft victims because I remember an article after the game saying "heat bully bulls in playoff atmosphere game"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk