Detroit Sports Guy on Gordon, Pistons

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Okay he is a slasher, whatever, he doesn't handle the ball well enough to play the point, and he doesn't guard well.

I have watched damn near all of Gordon's games and I agree with Valenti's opinions. As those others in Chicago, so what is your point?
My point is that obviously your one game is misleading becuase stuckey can handle the ball, slash and defend but not create for others. Stuckey is at least an average defender and just completed his second year, it is likely he will improve. Just because he doesn't create well for others doesn't make him a bad pg. 5 apg is about average for a starting pg. Its the same with some random detroit guy saying it. I don't care about your opinion you are out numbered at least 5 to 1 on your opinion on this board.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
DerrickRose1 wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Gordon is the greatest 3 point shooter of all time. It's pretty hard to replace that
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think he meant Bulls all-time. Which is true.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
My point is that obviously your one game is misleading becuase stuckey can handle the ball, slash and defend but not create for others. Stuckey is at least an average defender and just completed his second year, it is likely he will improve. Just because he doesn't create well for others doesn't make him a bad pg. 5 apg is about average for a starting pg. Its the same with some random detroit guy saying it. I don't care about your opinion you are out numbered at least 5 to 1 on your opinion on this board.

Should I care about opinions like this?

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Gordon is the greatest 3 point shooter of all time. It's pretty hard to replace that

Lets look at statistics, that would be false, the greatest of all time was Steve Kerr, who spent some years in Chicago, he shot 45% from 3P while Gordon is at 42%.

oh, but weren't you the one who told me stats are deceiving :woohoo:

BG took his shots under double and triple coverage, kerr's a spot-up three point shooter.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

Should I care about opinions like this?

You probably should, as it would enhance your NBA knowledge.

There are different types of point guards. there's score first, create first, and there are combo guys who can do both well. Stuckey leans toward a score first point guard.

Ron Harper didn't create well for others, he wasn't much of a distributer. Yet he started on 4 title teams with Bulls and Lakers.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
There are different types of point guards. there's score first, create first, and there are combo guys who can do both well. Stuckey leans toward a score first point guard.

Ron Harper didn't create well for others, he wasn't much of a distributer. Yet he started on 4 title teams with Bulls and Lakers.

Sit down, class is in session, when you replace Chauncey Billups, the last thing you should be bad at is creating for others...no one else on the team handles the basketball much, they relied on Billups, Stuckey didn't show the ability to handle that responsibility. Okay, wash the chalkboard, then you can leave.

Stuckey leans toward a SG. That is why the team missed Billups. He is a score first PG who scored 13 a game.....right.

oh, but weren't you the one who told me stats are deceiving

BG took his shots under double and triple coverage, kerr's a spot-up three point shooter.

I can tell you a dozen or so better three point shooters all time, but didn't want to waste time refuting such a statement, it was laughable. I didn't call you stupid, or dumb or anything else, I presented a brief argument of an opposing view to yours. I hope you will accept Kush's explanaton of your statement, he gave you an alibi, please take it. Otherwise that was a far fetched statement.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Sit down, class is in session, when you replace Chauncey Billups, the last thing you should be bad at is creating for others...no one else on the team handles the basketball much, they relied on Billups, Stuckey didn't show the ability to handle that responsibility. Okay, wash the chalkboard, then you can leave.

Stuckey leans toward a SG. That is why the team missed Billups. He is a score first PG who scored 13 a game.....right

LMAO, who you talking to son

Stuckey replaced Billups, but no one expected him to be the exact same player as Billups. I think he's a bit overrated, but he is still young. He has only played 2 NBA seasons and will continue to grow and improve. Billups was a seasoned veteran and proven player. The team missed Billups because they didn't have their leader, not because of how Stuckey plays.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
[
oh, but weren't you the one who told me stats are deceiving

I can tell you a dozen or so better three point shooters all time, but didn't want to waste time refuting such a statement, it was laughable. I didn't call you stupid, or dumb or anything else, I presented a brief argument of an opposing view to yours. I hope you will accept Kush's explanaton of your statement, he gave you an alibi, please take it. Otherwise that was a far fetched statement.

dang houheffna, you and your dozens...

reggie miller, ray allen, steve nash, larry bird...i can't really think of anyone else...

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Gordon vs. Kerr. I would go with Gordon. The point bullsman brought up was good, Gordon took alot of those threes with coverage, off the dribble, etc.. Kerr was spot up, set up by his teammates.

And by the numbers, Gordon took 1856 3-pointers and Kerr 898. They both played 5 years with the Bulls so that worked nicely. I would take BG shooting 42% and taking almost 1000 more attempts over Kerr's 45%.

All-time three point shooters, hmmm.

Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, Glen Rice, Dell Curry were all pretty damn good. BG will be up there in 5/6 more years. Especially if he keeps shooting at a 40% clip.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
glen rice, forgot about him...idk if i'm including role players like dell curry cuz they were pretty much just able to hit the wide open jump shot, even if well, but they weren't under double coverage and stuff like ray, reggie, glen, bg...