Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Can you melee pwn the final boss? I didn't even try lol

I wound up ambushing him after chipping away at him and I shot him like 10 times with a devastator shotgun.

You can use any EMP type weapons to bring down his defenses and use a non-lethal takedown if you do it enough times or time it right. I used my Tesla Aug to stun him and defeat him this way.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can use any EMP type weapons to bring down his defenses and use a non-lethal takedown if you do it enough times or time it right. I used my Tesla Aug to stun him and defeat him this way.

Only non-lethal? Can't gut him?

I was going for the kill with him.... I had no intention of letting him live.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Only non-lethal? Can't gut him?

I was going for the kill with him.... I had no intention of letting him live.

Oh I didn't try killing him as I generally play a non-lethal approach and was going for the achievement. I am currently playing the perma-death mode so probably will just use the kill switch on his ass as I don't want to risk trying to take him on and have some sort of bullshit death and have the game start over.

I can't imagine how pissed off I would be if I lost to him there and had to start the game over.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh I didn't try killing him as I generally play a non-lethal approach and was going for the achievement. I am currently playing the perma-death mode so probably will just use the kill switch on his ass as I don't want to risk trying to take him on and have some sort of bullshit death and have the game start over.

I can't imagine how pissed off I would be if I lost to him there and had to start the game over.

It's kinda funny, I actually find non-lethal and stealth are easier/more fun than killing.... anytime you start killing you lose stealth and it becomes a mess.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's kinda funny, I actually find non-lethal and stealth are easier/more fun than killing.... anytime you start killing you lose stealth and it becomes a mess.

Yeah unless you have max armor and Titan, getting involved in a shootout is more hassle than its worth.

Particularly now that I am playing the perma death mode. I am not fucking around with trying to draw any attention to myself.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah unless you have max armor and Titan, getting involved in a shootout is more hassle than its worth.

Particularly now that I am playing the perma death mode. I am not fucking around with trying to draw any attention to myself.

I noticed as well that even the melee kill method vs the non-lethal melee.... the kill would often draw attention where the melee KO would not.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I noticed as well that even the melee kill method vs the non-lethal melee.... the kill would often draw attention where the melee KO would not.

Yeah I accidentally killed someone and dudes heard. I ended up reloading anyways because it was going to fuck up the Pacifist achievement. I remember when I played Human Revolution I thought I had achieved it but didn't get it at the end and was pissed so now I make sure and check every person I take out to make sure they are just knocked out rather than dead.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, there was a spot during the game that I knocked out three guys. I turned around and there was a power switch on the wall and I was like "Oh, I wonder what this does?" I flipped it and immediately electrocuted the three guys I had knocked out on the floor as it electrified the floor. Needless to say I reloaded immediately.

LOL

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I started a 2nd play through yesterday with my ideal plan for doing a fully stealth and non-lethal game and apparently you can do a play where you get to keep all your inventory and abilities as what you had when you completed your first play through.

I did not realize that is what I selected lol

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I started a 2nd play through yesterday with my ideal plan for doing a fully stealth and non-lethal game and apparently you can do a play where you get to keep all your inventory and abilities as what you had when you completed your first play through.

Yeah, its pretty cool. I am playing through on "I never asked for this" difficulty. I am taking my time but think I might go lethal as I already have pacifist.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah New Game+. You can't do it on "I Never Asked for This" though so I had to start a fresh game for that mode.

Yeah, its pretty cool. I am playing through on "I never asked for this" difficulty. I am taking my time but think I might go lethal as I already have pacifist.

I'd say just make sure you get the Armor Aug because then if you accidentally set off a laser and get blown up, it's not an insta-kill.

Although did you get the Foxiest of Hounds achievement yet as if not you might want to make sure you don't set off any alarms? I got screwed on my first play-through because when you are at the GARM facility in the Alps, if you call Miller instead of Alex, once you reach the second hanger, the alarm automatically goes off once you get back in contact with Chikane and you lose the achievement which is fucking annoying.