Dick Jauron's Official Statement Vol. 2

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hello ladies and gentlemen. My name is Dick Jauron and with the trade for Khalil Mack, I am now the advocate for the revived Monsters of the Midway.

And I am here to tell you that you have every reason to be excited.

Originally, this post was scheduled to settle the war about Khalil Mack, but after the details leaked out, it seems like everybody is on board.

Yes, we paid a lot of money for a guy who is not a QB. But we are also, by all appearances, front loading the hell out of that contract. He signed a $141M contract. $60M of that is due now. That is $81M left over 5 years, which comes down to about $16.2M a season. However it is structured, Chicago was very wise to get nearly half of the money out of the way immediately, which makes the contract look amazing. This is a credit to the front office. Don't forget the cap seems to rise $10ish M every off-season, more or less. And I am sure there is a new CBA and TV contracts around the corner.

In no time, Mack's contract will be considered cheap. Money skyrockets in the NFL.

My point is, we will be in great cap situation in the future. We have the pillars of our team locked up on defense and offense - from Hicks to Fuller to now Mack. On offense, Long, Gabriel, Robinson, Burton, Leno. Floyd has not proven himself to be worthy of Mack's deal. And he may not. Pace will not overpay.

With that said, let's talk about excitement.

We just went from a quiet, solid, good defense to MONSTERS OF THE MIDWAY. Just like that.

Offenses can't plan to double team Hicks, Goldman, Smith, Floyd, Mack, and company. They must choose one person to double team, which means somebody is going to be free to crush the QB. We are going to make noises. We are going to skyrocket from #10 defense to the top 3. We also have Vic Fangio. We are about to witness something special here, defense-wise. Remember how we longed for the days of Lovie Smith and his playmaking defense? With Urlacher manning the middle, Tommie up front, Tillman, Vasher, Ogunleye, and more on that defense! Turnovers! Forced fumbles! I expect a ton of interceptions for our secondary this year with our front 7. So be sure to have baby wipes next to the couch or wherever you watch football. You are going to shit your pants at unexpected moments. We will see something like the Monday Night Football game when Denny Green (RIP) lost his shit, no pun intended.

As for the offense, I think we will be slightly better than expected. Yes to growing pains. Yes to "WTF, what was that about" moments. We might lose some ball games because of the offense. We might win some ball games because of the offense. With that defense, we will be in every single game, within a scoring reach. But as the season goes on, we will get better and better and more in sync and by the end of the season, we will be witnessing special things on offense too.

Ladies and gentlemen, where am I going with this?

I have one word for you.

PLAYOFFS!

I am, for one, excited, pumped, and have my hopes through the ceiling too.

And it is okay for you to have the same feelings too.

Thank you for reading,
Not the Real Dick Jauron

PS - please "THANK" me if you enjoyed this post. Vol. 3 will be when I have something to say - most likely after the CHI/GB game.

Last edited:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
[video=youtube_share;04-TlST2w_E]https://youtu.be/04-TlST2w_E[/video]

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
PastBlaringCur.gif

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys hurt my feelings.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I read it dick jauron. At first i was going to ignore it but i didnt. You are welcome