Did Nagy Lie?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember reading that Nagy gave up play calling to Bill Lazor.

I rewatched the Bears/Jax game this afternoon.

During the first drive of the 2nd half, the Bears were at the Jax 36, 4th and 5.....The camera swings and shows Nagy studying the play sheet with his head down. I couldn't tell if he was speaking into his mic because of the face covering. But it sure looked like Nagy was calling the play

Is Lazor calling plays, or Nagy?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There was that dumb goal line play where instead of running they tried to pitch it to Kmet for a loss.

That was a Nagy Special.

I suspect he can override a play if he wants. I bet Lazor loves that.
and then, on 2nd and 7, he calls the run up the middle which should have been called on 1st down

YUP..NAGY!

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
regardless of how play calling is handled... i thought it was relatively fine sunday. only complaint is Monty didn’t get enough first half touches and the kmet hand off.
I agree...and even if Nagy IS calling them, he has seen the light.
Except for those goal line plays he called that stunk to high heaven.

But if he lied..Im really pissed

Szlachcic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
I remember reading somewhere right after Nagi relegated play calling there will be collaborative effort with sideline inputs. So possibly that's what you see.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I agree...and even if Nagy IS calling them, he has seen the light.
Except for those goal line plays he called that stunk to high heaven.

But if he lied..Im really pissed
for real. just grow a pair and say you’re calling plays if you’re calling plays. if you’re offering input say you’re offering input.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
People hate on the Kmet play quite a bit. Understandable so, but if you watch Kansas City they do all kinds of crazy plays at the goal line designed for Kelce. Obviously Kmet isn’t On Kelce’s level but I understand the thought in the play design considering Nagy comes from Reid’s tree. If nothing else it will give the Packers something to game plan for if we send Kmet in motion on the goal line I guess.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
People hate on the Kmet play quite a bit. Understandable so, but if you watch Kansas City they do all kinds of crazy plays at the goal line designed for Kelce. Obviously Kmet isn’t On Kelce’s level but I understand the thought in the play design considering Nagy comes from Reid’s tree. If nothing else it will give the Packers something to game plan for if we send Kmet in motion on the goal line I guess.
In reality with the way Jax was lined up at first, before the offsides, that play is a TD. Problem is that they changed up after the penalty, and nobody, Mitch, Nagy, Lazor either saw it or thought it mattered enough to change the play.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I don’t think so because Bill Lazor wasn’t down on the field like he was before when Nagy was calling plays. He was still upstairs.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
In reality with the way Jax was lined up at first, before the offsides, that play is a TD. Problem is that they changed up after the penalty, and nobody, Mitch, Nagy, Lazor either saw it or thought it mattered enough to change the play.

Lazor commented on it I believe and thought it was still a good call. Problem was they blew a blocking assignment