Did Pace & Nagy get secret under the table contract extensions?

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Not defending Pace whatsoever, but I bet his expectation was that Nagy could put together an average offense (at least) to match with what was a dominant defense.

Nagy totally fucked shit up by not being able to develop a QB, not being able to scheme a proper running game, and horrible use of personnel.

This is the guy we're still stuck with and continues to undermine things while learning on the job. I dunno how we get better unless he lucks into it at this point. There are simply a number of football philosophies that Nagy, spiritually, doesn't abide by and it has costed us dearly.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Really? It makes all the sense in the world to me.

Your offensive guru has never really had the financial commitments to offense from the team. The money in the defense was always over committed.

Now they are balancing The ledger and for the first time in history I'm assuming are trying to invest that kind of money into the offense so your offensive mind can prove his offense works when given the proper tools.

This is a recalibration to a more offensive minded team.

Regardless of whether it works or fails, welcome to the 21st century Bears fans. This is what teams look like now.

lmao! No guess what “21st century” teams like the Rams and Seahawks paid 2 1st round picks for? A premier secondary player! We just cut ours because this idiot has no idea of premier value positions and loves to overpay scrubs. Trevathon and Quinn getting paid while Fuller is cut just ridiculously poor cap management. Let’s add Graham, Leno, dalton, Foles, hell even ifredi all guys I’d rather who are getting paid this year over fuller.

The other top 5 player for this team, ARob can’t get a deal though. Oh no can’t pay that guy long term have to tag him for max 2021 cap hit....

This goof is the worst GM in the NFL.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
There was a rumor there were contract extensions two years ago but George won’t confirm which pretty much is a yes and why they won’t eat ten mil in contracts

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
The press conference with George and Teddy sure left a lot of questions on contract status for Pace and Nagy. I'd say that based on the approach they've taken so far in free agency, they do not feel like their job is on the line this year because outside of tagging ARob, every move seems to have taken us further from being competitive. I would say Dalton is a bit of a wash compared to Trubs but lets be honest, for the money Pace gave Dalton it really cost us another impact player in FA. As of now, we still need a CB1, NB, RT just to fill new holes not to mention improve on what was already deficient and if we lose Hicks.... yikes.