Did we see signals that the hammer is going to come down hard on NE?

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Dont think I am the only one so tired of hearing about ball, anyway

B811e2_CYAEXktU.jpg

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
new york post tho. what do you expect?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
btw, obviously the Pats are guilty of cheating. And obviously whoever deflated the balls did it because they were damn well aware of Brady's preferences and at one point or another (maybe years ago) had been taught to do so.

That said, who really gives a fuck about ball inflation?

It has been interesting to see so many retired QBs come out and say everyone did it. I think it was Montana or maybe Elway that was saying, sure the pats cheated, but its a stupid rule. And it's a good point.

What does it matter what psi QBs inflate the ball to? As long as each team gets their own separate balls, who cares? With how much the league props up the passing game, why does that rule exist at all? As long as each QB gets to have their footballs inflated to their liking, then there is no special advantage as far as I can see.
For me, it isn't the 1-2 psi. If they turned in the balls under inflated and the ref's failed to inspect them properly, I would say no biggie. The act of manipulating the psi after inspection, whether of any actual value or not, is a major breech of trust and fair play. And coming from an already convicted cheater, it is a big fuck you to the NFL.

Thing is they are a great coach/QB combo, but this being the second time, it will follow them always. There will always be the, "if they didn't cheat..." argument.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard Ian Rapoport commented recently that only 1 of the 12 balls was significantly deflated and nearly 2 psi under rather than the 11 of 12 that was initially reported as being significantly under-inflated. The other 10 now said to be right on the brink or just a bit under 12.5. Of course Ian works for NFL network so looks like the plan is to back up and back off the initial reports and just say no big deal. Cheaters do profit, believe it.

Mitchapalooza

I heard Ian Rapoport commented recently that only 1 of the 12 balls was significantly deflated and nearly 2 psi under rather than the 11 of 12 that was initially reported as being significantly under-inflated. The other 10 now said to be right on the brink or just a bit under 12.5. Of course Ian works for NFL network so looks like the plan is to back up and back off the initial reports and just say no big deal. Cheaters do profit, believe it.

super-bowl-xlix-memes_12.jpg

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All it would really take would be person who actually did the thing in the Indy game to also admit that he did it in other games and UNDER ORDERS by either Brady or a member of the coaching staff. That is it. It would be over for the Pats for awhile. There is no question that someone did it and did it more than one time. The evidence is there in spades. Those who are shaking this off as something minor are wrong. This is not minor. This is an organization that is willfully cheating on league wide rules and have a track record of doing similar stuff.

All it will take is one witness with evidence and the walls have ears. I think that this is really gonna be good before it is over. Belicheat is going down.

Mitchapalooza

All it would really take would be person who actually did the thing in the Indy game to also admit that he did it in other games and UNDER ORDERS by either Brady or a member of the coaching staff. That is it. It would be over for the Pats for awhile. There is no question that someone did it and did it more than one time. The evidence is there in spades. Those who are shaking this off as something minor are wrong. This is not minor. This is an organization that is willfully cheating on league wide rules and have a track record of doing similar stuff.

All it will take is one witness with evidence and the walls have ears. I think that this is really gonna be good before it is over. Belicheat is going down.

10847839_943338262345800_4698949986386126069_n.jpg

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone listen to that blabbering Edelman did on the victory stand? Yeah, he sure must have passed that wonderful concussion screening that the NFL provides, huh? Just another pathetic example of the lack of sound medical practices and procedures used by the NFL. That guy had no business on that field. Hell, he had no business on that victory stand. He was punch drunk. He should have been under quiet observation in a hospital somewhere. Fuck this league!

Mitchapalooza

Anyone listen to that blabbering Edelman did on the victory stand? Yeah, he sure must have passed that wonderful concussion screening that the NFL provides, huh? Just another pathetic example of the lack of sound medical practices and procedures used by the NFL. That guy had no business on that field. Hell, he had no business on that victory stand. He was punch drunk. He should have been under quiet observation in a hospital somewhere. Fuck this league!

Ozz8tsY.png

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
No, not caring about a few deflated footballs is definitely not the same as not caring about someone trying to intentionally kill somebody. In terms of cheating and laws, this is about as high as trying to steal a candy bar. The fact that people are making such a big deal over something that is pretty inconsequential is fairly annoying and laughable.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk.

I couldn't agree more. I can't believe the drama around this. Comparing this to Bountygate or Murder? LOL. This is no different than a Baseball team watering down the field against a fast team. Furthermore, it's not like other teams don't try this kind of shit.

It's funny that this shit comes from a team that got it's ass kicked. Like it made a difference while the Pat's were running the ball down the Colts throat. If the NFL was smart, imo, they would just say that there was no concrete proof, but they will change the procedure for handling balls in the future so it can't ever be a question moving forward.

Anything more is just another black eye for the NFL. It's getting ridiculous!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think many will be surprised to see a very slight slap on the wrist. With all of the disasters the NFL has gone through this year, there is no way Goodell is going to allow the reigning Super Bowl champion to be dragged through the mud. With last night's Deflatriots victory, the cover up is well underway.

He might not be going to have a choice. This very well may be taken out of his hands if he doesn't act properly. They know that someone tampered with the balls on multiple occasions. Its been proven that this alters the flight of the ball. This is tampering with the performance of one team versus another. This in turn affects the ability of other teams to advance and better their own franchises. It also can affect the betting lines on the games themselves. Imagine what the"boys" do with inside information?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
nothing will happen. it was front page news on nfl.com that the whole thing was bullshit anyway.

Oh.... Gee.......... Front page news on nfl.com, eh? That settles it, then. Who paid for that article, anyway? Graft?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this one of those where the actual infraction is close to meaningless, but if they get caught in a coverup they'll be in deep doo doo.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

Or maybe he drank a bunch of champagne after the game. :dunno:

Liked Posts:
btw, obviously the Pats are guilty of cheating. And obviously whoever deflated the balls did it because they were damn well aware of Brady's preferences and at one point or another (maybe years ago) had been taught to do so.

That said, who really gives a fuck about ball inflation?

It has been interesting to see so many retired QBs come out and say everyone did it. I think it was Montana or maybe Elway that was saying, sure the pats cheated, but its a stupid rule. And it's a good point.

What does it matter what psi QBs inflate the ball to? As long as each team gets their own separate balls, who cares? With how much the league props up the passing game, why does that rule exist at all? As long as each QB gets to have their footballs inflated to their liking, then there is no special advantage as far as I can see.

It's more than that. This all ties back to a rule change back in 2006, which NE lobbied for. During the several years before the rule change, NE's turnovers were in line with other teams. After the rule change they became an outlier regarding turnovers.

The macro level data tells the story regarding to what degree it helped them, how long they've been cheating this way, and its very likely the planned on doing this when lobbying for the rule change. This isn't tin foil hats. 11 of 12 footballs is proof. The macro level data is also proof.

Yeah, they won against Seattle but what about over the course of the year. Most years, this year included, there are a number of teams that can win the super bowl. NE shouldn't have even been in the SB. They did get HFA through cheating.

And now that this their second offense, it's naive to assume they're not doing something else.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's more than that. This all ties back to a rule change back in 2006, which NE lobbied for. During the several years before the rule change, NE's turnovers were in line with other teams. After the rule change they became an outlier regarding turnovers.

The macro level data tells the story regarding to what degree it helped them, how long they've been cheating this way, and its very likely the planned on doing this when lobbying for the rule change. This isn't tin foil hats. 11 of 12 footballs is proof. The macro level data is also proof.

Yeah, they won against Seattle but what about over the course of the year. Most years, this year included, there are a number of teams that can win the super bowl. NE shouldn't have even been in the SB. They did get HFA through cheating.

And now that this their second offense, it's naive to assume they're not doing something else.

An FBI investigation is in order, need to get a wire and a mole in that locker room. Send this team to cellar dweller status.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Or maybe he drank a bunch of champagne after the game. :dunno:

Well, maybe that also. Nothing like slugging some champagne down with a concussion in your dome:)