Did you draft any bears in your fantasy football leagues?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah this league is driven by RBs. There are only 4 bench spots so most stock up on RBs and what's usually left on waiver wire is other spots. You don't get 3 or 4 RBs within first 7 rounds and you are usually fucked. Ended up with Monty in 2nd, Dobbins in 3rd, Pierce in 4th and Gibson in 6th. A guy like Thielen for example whose ADP is 5th round, I got in the 8th.
My first three picks in our draft were RBs. Cook, Mixon, and Monty. Everything thing else is gravy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd say you took each one of them early but can't remember how many teams you said this league was and do think i remember you saying it was non PPR which means Monty and Dobbins are both good RB's to pick up since neither catches many passes at all. Pierce flew up draft boards ever since they cut M.Mack. I have him in one of the superflex leagues where he was there in the 8th round somehow and scooped him up quick. Don't know what to think about that Wash backfield. The only thing i know for sure is that McKissic should get some good work in PPR leagues.

Yeah this is a situation where you gotta know the league you are in. After I took Monty, the other guys taken in the 2nd round were Connor and Zeke. I like Monty better than both those guys. In the third round, Jacobs was taken after Dobbins. In the 4th, it was Dillion taken right before I took Pierce and then Elijah Mitchell and Swift were keepers from last year. In the 5th, Chase Edmonds was a keeper from last year and then Pollard and Mostert were taken. Then finally in the 6th Harris went before Gibson and Stevenson went after.

So by the time you hit the 7th round, the only RBs left would be guys like Melvin Gordon, Kareem Hunt, James Robinson ie the handcuffs. So there was no way Pierce would last beyond the 4th as the 4th is the first round we allow keepers so he would be a prime keeper pick as the primary option on the Texans.

My first three picks in our draft were RBs. Cook, Mixon, and Monty. Everything thing else is gravy.

Yeah to show how RB hungry my league is, Mixon went 5th and Cook went 6th. CMC and Henry went 1 & 2 (Taylor was a 4th round Keeper), Eckeler went 4th, Najee went 7th, Chubb 8th, Kamara 9th and Aaron Jones 11th. Only WRs taken in 1st round was Kupp went 3rd, I took Davante 10th and someone took Diggs 12th. Then Barkley went top of 2nd round at 13 and Javonte 14th. So took Monty 15th.

Last edited:

Canth

Liked Posts:
I play in an 8 team league that uses individual defensive players and has 18 rounds (5 defensive starters). Offensive points are greatly reduced vs 'normal' fantasy football settings to keep it even with the defensive players. For example, it's only 1 pt for 20 yards receiving and rushing and then 1 pt per tackle. So, good linebackers are really steady, solid point production.

So, Bears I drafted:

Roquan in 6th round.
Montgomery in the 15th
Fields in the last round (Dak is my starting qb for now, got him in the 10th round)

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cool. Can we move this to the Fantasy Forum?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Not that it means it's a for sure thing just because it's Mathew Berry saying it because much of what these "draft experts" say is wrong but............

? Isaiah Likely (TE23) - Likely burst onto the scene over the past few weeks as a preseason MVP, but there is staying power here. The Ravens clearly want to run lots of 2-TE sets with their lack of WR weaponry, which means Likely could be useful right out of the gate in addition to having massive contingent value in the event of a Mark Andrews injury.
He was talking about te premium leagues. I got the same email. Of course he's got the whole handcuff thing going, but what is the likely outcome? As opposed to say grabbing a rb from an unclear backfield.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He was talking about te premium leagues. I got the same email. Of course he's got the whole handcuff thing going, but what is the likely outcome? As opposed to say grabbing a rb from an unclear backfield.
Pun or no pun??

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I tried to get Mooney in the 7/8 rounds of the drafts I've had this year. He is usually gone. Montgomery is usually gone in rounds 4-5. I usually already have 2 RBs in the first 3 rounds so Monty just didn't make sense in the 4th to secure him. Kmet was always gone too.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I dropped Kmet last night.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I decided to go Lions St Brown over Mooney only because the bye week. Was gonna draft something as TE#2 but he was drafted the pick before me. That one upset me considering my name is How I Kmet Your Mother
You got yourself a steal.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I play in an 8 team league that uses individual defensive players and has 18 rounds (5 defensive starters). Offensive points are greatly reduced vs 'normal' fantasy football settings to keep it even with the defensive players. For example, it's only 1 pt for 20 yards receiving and rushing and then 1 pt per tackle. So, good linebackers are really steady, solid point production.

So, Bears I drafted:

Roquan in 6th round.
Montgomery in the 15th
Fields in the last round (Dak is my starting qb for now, got him in the 10th round)
my condolences

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't dropped Mooney yet.... but it's only because I'm in a 16 team league and we start 3 WR's and a flex... so I need all the players I can get... (Especially with Mike Evans's latest antics) It's possible they try to incorporate him into the game plan at some point...

Canth

Liked Posts:
my condolences
Lol, I only started Roquan and did ok from a fantasy perspective. The one I am kicking myself over is I had Aaron Jones on the bench too. Technically, from a fantasy perspective in my league, he hadn’t done anything special vs the bears in a while. Sigh.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Have you suckers dropped all the bears players you wasted a draft pick on lol lol lol
I don't have a single bear in any of my leagues